Windows 10: SUDDEN POP-UP THAT I CAN"T CLOSE; When I try to close it, opens a website which my...

Discus and support SUDDEN POP-UP THAT I CAN"T CLOSE; When I try to close it, opens a website which my... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This evil "pop-up" takes me to an "evil/bad" page which my internet software, thankfully, blocks. When I close the page, I get a new pop-up with the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KaylaG_793, Aug 31, 2020.

1. SUDDEN POP-UP THAT I CAN"T CLOSE; When I try to close it, opens a website which my...

This evil "pop-up" takes me to an "evil/bad" page which my internet software, thankfully, blocks. When I close the page, I get a new pop-up with the same results. I've verified that my pop-blocker is still on, etc.

I ran the quick version of the Microsoft Safety Scanner which came back with MALWARE:

"VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore" which it removed

I can't move the pop-up on the screen, so it blocks a chunk of my full screen windows, etc.

It started with a cnnnews address - - it's now using "www.direct-news24.com"

HELP! and THANK YOU

:)

KaylaG_793, Aug 31, 2020

2. Websites wont close on exit.

When I shutdown my new computer, the websites won't close. Later when I restart they intermittantly pop up again,so they never close down. sometimes up to 20 old websites reopen, at a time!!! can anyone help??

MARILYNSprowal, Aug 31, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Stop Beeps on Open/Close Folder

Hi, there are potentially sounds for opening/closing programs- I don't see an option for folders in the list..

SUDDEN POP-UP THAT I CAN"T CLOSE;  When I try to close it, opens a website which my... [​IMG]

dalchina, Aug 31, 2020
  4. SUDDEN POP-UP THAT I CAN"T CLOSE; When I try to close it, opens a website which my...

Can't close open apps

Try popping up tabs from the browser and close them there. Even with multiple pages in my back button list, I often only have one tab to close and that removes all the pages from the back stack.

Sven Johannsen, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

SUDDEN POP-UP THAT I CAN"T CLOSE; When I try to close it, opens a website which my...

1. SUDDEN POP-UP THAT I CAN"T CLOSE; When I try to close it, opens a website which my... - Similar Threads - SUDDEN POP CANT

2. my Windows setup opens and closes when I try to open!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Windows setup opens and closes when I try to open!: When I try to open any type of Windows setting, it opens and closes, the programs are working normally. I don't know if it was after I tried to change the computer's language and ended up messing with the system registry....
  3. my Windows setup opens and closes when I try to open!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Windows setup opens and closes when I try to open!: When I try to open any type of Windows setting, it opens and closes, the programs are working normally. I don't know if it was after I tried to change the computer's language and ended up messing with the system registry....
  4. my Windows setup opens and closes when I try to open!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My command prompt is closing automatically, When I open it. It pops up and closes instantly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My command prompt is closing automatically, When I open it. It pops up and closes instantly.: Hi there, I found this problem recently and tried all the possible ways of updating software and diagnosing it as well. I found this thread in the community which is similar to the my issue. I tried all the answers, but they all failed. This is the thread I am referring to...
  6. CLOSE WEBSITE

CLOSE WEBSITE: Why does it take forever to close a website by clicking the red x / also is this good usage[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-website/cd49831c-09d8-4491-88a8-df7b088e6c87
  7. camtasia closes suddenly when I try to add clips to the timeline

camtasia closes suddenly when I try to add clips to the timeline: hey guys, I have been using this program for two years on my two computers. Now when I try to add clips to the timeline it closes suddenly. and it happens on both of my computers. recently I installed onedrive on my computers. is it because of that? help me, please......
  8. camtasia closes suddenly when I try to add clips to the timeline

camtasia closes suddenly when I try to add clips to the timeline: hey guys, I have been using this program for two years on my two computers. Now when I try to add clips to the timeline it closes suddenly. and it happens on both of my computers. recently I installed onedrive on my computers. is it because of that? help me, please......
  9. Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange audio mixer pop up which I am not able to close.: [ATTACH] The past 2 times I have used my laptop an audio mixer has popped up. I cant see a way to close it and nothing is showing on task manager as being open. I have attached a photo. Does anyone know what this is or how to close it. It takes up a significant portion of...
  10. applications closing when i open up games

applications closing when i open up games: When ever I open up a game it refreshes the screen and closes apps like the xbox companion app and i have to reopen the aplication. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applications-closing-when-i-open-up-games/057ab7d1-c1f9-4aed-b986-bb4d2ec4fd18