Windows 10: Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots

Discus and support Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, So........ this all started when my partners steel capped boot kicked the power board under my desk, and cut power to my PC while said boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hrlyqn, Nov 2, 2016.

1. hrlyqn Win User

Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots

Hi All,

So........ this all started when my partners steel capped boot kicked the power board under my desk, and cut power to my PC while said boot owner was playing games (Mass Effect 3 again, for the 5th time if you were wondering). It rebooted to the black screen with the spinning dots, and that's as far as it went.

Despite waiting ages - it just stayed with the dots and black screen - tried to reboot it a few times trying to force the recovery mode with no luck at all. I miss the days of F8.......

I followed some other forums, and unplugged all my USB devices and rebooted, again with the black screen.

Also tried to restore point, but the one I did just 2 weeks ago seems to have vanished and it says I don't have any to restore from.

I used the win 10 install DVD i created from the ISO to try and repair - no luck, just states it couldn't repair it and gave me a log location. I also tried the start windows normally just on the off chance - to no avail.

For some reason I cant set USB to my boot order in BIOS...... another issue for another day......

I can get into safe mode after messing around in command prompt, so am pretty sure windows is my problem child and not the SSD W10 is installed on.

Do I have any other options, besides the reset windows option? I really don't want to have to reinstall everything , even if does keep my personal files.

Any suggestions that don't involve a reinstall of windows or my programs would be appreciated. I have a sneaking suspicion thats exactly what I will be doing this weekend, but would really like to avoid it if possible.

Oh and BTW - the boot wearer is still alive...... for now......

Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots :)

HQ

:)

hrlyqn, Nov 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update stuck on black screen with spinning dots

I had the same problem, was stuck a the black screen with spinning dots even after powering off and trying a restart. I read this advice, and yanked the wireless receiver while the dots were spinning, and immediately my computer changed screens and continued
    with the install.

Thank you

PeterGreenhough, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 freezes at boot

OK so my lenovo z570 wouldn't load windows 10 it displays the blue windows logo with the spinning dots the screen goes black and the dots start to spin around 5 secs later the the display freezes dots no longer spinning.

The system is then unresponsive no hard drive activity and needs powering down unable to boot into safemode.

I have ran a memory test which shown that the memory was faulty I have replace the memory and tested the new modules and are there ok.

I had a blue screen message about the fbfmon.sys I delete the file as instructed on a lenovo forum.

Running out of options now

Stephieg33, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots

cottonball, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots

1. Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots - Similar Threads - Sudden power loss

2. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with loading dots: I factory reset my pc. I then tried to log in and it wouldn’t let me. I don’t quite remember what I did to try and fix it but now when my pc tries to boot up it goes to a black screen with a loading circle. I can’t log in. Not can I go into safe mode. I tired and my screen...
  3. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with loading dots: I factory reset my pc. I then tried to log in and it wouldn’t let me. I don’t quite remember what I did to try and fix it but now when my pc tries to boot up it goes to a black screen with a loading circle. I can’t log in. Not can I go into safe mode. I tired and my screen...
  4. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen, spinning dots and cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen, spinning dots and cursor: When i start my computer, when motherboard logo disappear, there is just spinning dots an cursor and it never start up. But when i go to safe mode and uninstall gpu driver, it starts up normally. PS i tried to delete uptades and all that.(sorry for my bad English) submitted...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen Spinning White Dots

Windows 10 Black Screen Spinning White Dots: Hello, I turned on my pc today to find that windows would get stuck on a black screen with spinning white circles endlessly. I have tried using my windows installation media to do startup repair, system restore, and I checked the ssd with chkdsk /r in command prompt. None of...
  7. Windows 10 black loading screen, white spinning dotted circle.

Windows 10 black loading screen, white spinning dotted circle.: After showing the asrock logo, it changes to the black screen with the spinning circle. It does this for a few minutes and then finally loads into windows. I recently upgraded my PC with an m.2 ssd, changed the RAM, upgraded CPU from Intel to AMD. I configured the PC to boot...
  8. Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo: Hi, My PC was working fine yesterday, but when I try to boot it up normally this morning, it would just get stuck on a black screen after the blue Microsoft logo and the spinning dots. I can successfully boot it into safe mode, and disconnected all the non-essential...
  9. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  10. Freeze at spinning dots (loading)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze at spinning dots (loading): Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...