Windows 10: Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots

Discus and support Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, So........ this all started when my partners steel capped boot kicked the power board under my desk, and cut power to my PC while said boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hrlyqn, Nov 2, 2016.

1. hrlyqn Win User

Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots

Hi All,

So........ this all started when my partners steel capped boot kicked the power board under my desk, and cut power to my PC while said boot owner was playing games (Mass Effect 3 again, for the 5th time if you were wondering). It rebooted to the black screen with the spinning dots, and that's as far as it went.

Despite waiting ages - it just stayed with the dots and black screen - tried to reboot it a few times trying to force the recovery mode with no luck at all. I miss the days of F8.......

I followed some other forums, and unplugged all my USB devices and rebooted, again with the black screen.

Also tried to restore point, but the one I did just 2 weeks ago seems to have vanished and it says I don't have any to restore from.

I used the win 10 install DVD i created from the ISO to try and repair - no luck, just states it couldn't repair it and gave me a log location. I also tried the start windows normally just on the off chance - to no avail.

For some reason I cant set USB to my boot order in BIOS...... another issue for another day......

I can get into safe mode after messing around in command prompt, so am pretty sure windows is my problem child and not the SSD W10 is installed on.

Do I have any other options, besides the reset windows option? I really don't want to have to reinstall everything , even if does keep my personal files.

Any suggestions that don't involve a reinstall of windows or my programs would be appreciated. I have a sneaking suspicion thats exactly what I will be doing this weekend, but would really like to avoid it if possible.

Oh and BTW - the boot wearer is still alive...... for now......

Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots :)

HQ

:)

hrlyqn, Nov 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update stuck on black screen with spinning dots

I had the same problem, was stuck a the black screen with spinning dots even after powering off and trying a restart. I read this advice, and yanked the wireless receiver while the dots were spinning, and immediately my computer changed screens and continued
    with the install.

Thank you

PeterGreenhough, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 freezes at boot

OK so my lenovo z570 wouldn't load windows 10 it displays the blue windows logo with the spinning dots the screen goes black and the dots start to spin around 5 secs later the the display freezes dots no longer spinning.

The system is then unresponsive no hard drive activity and needs powering down unable to boot into safemode.

I have ran a memory test which shown that the memory was faulty I have replace the memory and tested the new modules and are there ok.

I had a blue screen message about the fbfmon.sys I delete the file as instructed on a lenovo forum.

Running out of options now

Stephieg33, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots

cottonball, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots

1. Sudden power loss, W10 wont load - just black screen spinning dots - Similar Threads - Sudden power loss

2. Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo: Hi, My PC was working fine yesterday, but when I try to boot it up normally this morning, it would just get stuck on a black screen after the blue Microsoft logo and the spinning dots. I can successfully boot it into safe mode, and disconnected all the non-essential...
  3. spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    spinning dots: let me start by saying that my laptop is working perfectly, and windows 10 is working perfectly. I turn on the laptop, it's a Dell. I get the Dell logo screen as it posts. the screen blinks and the dell logo comes back on with the spinning dots. I want to change that...
  4. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  5. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update: Hello! Yesterday I update my Windows and then it booted up correctly, no issues. I shut down my PC last night now I turned it on to work and it appears that it boots correctly but I see a black screen with the spinning dot on top or everything. I can log in and see the task...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup

Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup: Recently, many of our HP computers in our company are having issues starting Windows 10 on their desktop computers. When they turn on the computer, they see the Windows flag and the spinning dots. After a couple seconds, the screen changes to display only the spinning dots...
  7. Freeze at spinning dots (loading)

Freeze at spinning dots (loading): Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  8. Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots: Hello all, My computer just started doing a very weird thing. I've had Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8100 for about 3 months now. Just recently, after it sits idle for about an hour or so, it will shut down and reboot on its own. It will go to the Windows 10 splash screen, the...
  9. After update: Black screen with spinning loading circle

in Windows 10 Support
    After update: Black screen with spinning loading circle: My laptop did the big update this morning and now for the last couple hours it has been stuck on a black screen with a white spinning circle. What should I do? I'm inexperienced in areas like this and I don't want to ruin my computer. 62640
  10. Black screen with spinning dots after upgrade to Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with spinning dots after upgrade to Creators Update: I just upgraded my desktop and laptop to the Windows 10 Creators Update. Everything went well and worked properly, until I installed a cumulative update and tried to reboot... Now all I get is a black screen and the spinning dots (like it's booting up), I can see the mouse...