Windows 10: Sudden Power Off

Discus and support Sudden Power Off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was just typing away my project in Words and "locking" appeared on my screen. Instead of locking where I can just simply log back in though, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WistariaTham, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Sudden Power Off

I was just typing away my project in Words and "locking" appeared on my screen. Instead of locking where I can just simply log back in though, my laptop just shuts itself off. I have been trying to turn it back on but to no avail... Please help. My works are all in there...

:)

WistariaTham, Jul 20, 2020

2. power off windows 10

Hi Leslie,

There might be corrupted system components that is why you're having some challenges with turning off your Windows 10 device. For our initial troubleshooting procedure, we suggest that you run the power troubleshooter as this can scan issues and can provide
    fixes. Simply follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • At the upper right part of the page, click the down button menu of the the
      View by
      , then select Small icons.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • At the left menu, click View all.
    • Click Power to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it turns out.

Lawrence Lib, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Power up Display is OFF

Hi Linda,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Power up display of Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

• What is make and model of your computer?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Create a new power plan.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      powercfg.cpl in the box and press Enter.

• Select current power pan and click on
      Choose when to turn off the display on the left pane.

• Select your favorite time to display the screen and click on
      Save changes.

• If that does not help, Click on the
      Advanced power plan settings and click on Display on the Window pop up. Expand
      Turn off display after and set as Never.
    Method 2: Update Display adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Also you can download the latest updated display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with Power up display of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Sudden Power Off

sudden power off

Hi,

This issue may occur due to corrupt power settings.

I would suggest you to run power troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Power".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Please also try updating BIOS and chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer's website
    and check.

Refer:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own

risk.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Sudden Power Off

1. Sudden Power Off - Similar Threads - Sudden Power Off

2. Why did my keyboard and mouse suddenly power off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my keyboard and mouse suddenly power off?: Hello, My keyboard and my mouse suddenly stopped working but the mouse’s LEDs continued to light up. In Device Manager, the HID Keyboard Device is working properly. I connected the keyboard and mouse to a different device and there were no issues. Upon shutting down and...
  3. Suddenly can't use monitor unless the others are powered off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly can't use monitor unless the others are powered off: Latest NVidia driver 551.23 might have broken some things for my computer. I have three displays plugged into my graphics card RTX 2070 Super-- a TV via HDMI, and two monitors via display port. They've always worked fine in conjunction, until today when it randomly stopped....
  4. Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD: I have been BSOD or sudden shutdown on my ASUS laptop everyweek. I've tried reinstalled Windows but it doesnt help. It usually happens when i was charging from wall. I have upload the kernel power and minidump It wasnt the lastest one becasuse my computer just sudden shutdown...
  5. Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD: I have been BSOD or sudden shutdown on my ASUS laptop everyweek. I've tried reinstalled Windows but it doesnt help. It usually happens when i was charging from wall. I have upload the kernel power and minidump It wasnt the lastest one becasuse my computer just sudden shutdown...
  6. Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My computer suddenly restart like power off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer suddenly restart like power off: During using computer it will suddenly power off and restart. This may happend in different situations like gaming watching youtube etc. Here I got many event log only timestamp different, there is an example: <Event...
  8. sudden power off calls for unexpected error 0x800707e

sudden power off calls for unexpected error 0x800707e: Hello Team, i have been facing this issue since 3 months. Whenever my power goes off suddenly, on the next start I see the error page "Unexpected error 0x8007007e" and had to run system restore everytime to bring it back to normalcy. please help me with this issue. Thanks...
  9. Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD)

Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD): Hello, My computer powered off suddenly without BSOD. I would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you, Kevin 98728
  10. Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD)

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD): Hello, My computer powered off suddenly without BSOD. I would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you, Kevin 98729