Windows 10: Sudden power outages and corrupt windows

Discus and support Sudden power outages and corrupt windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Due to the pandemic, my area has seen a surge in the frequency of power outages which out of nowhere seem to destroy my ongoing work. This happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KANISHKdaGreat, May 19, 2020.

1. Sudden power outages and corrupt windows

Due to the pandemic, my area has seen a surge in the frequency of power outages which out of nowhere seem to destroy my ongoing work. This happens usually for 3-4 times a week which not only has destroyed some of my best work but has also impacted windows installed on my PC. The system however has an SSD and i dont see any speed issues or whatsoever, yet i got corrupt files in the sfc /scannow. This happened 3 times and now iam worried for my system cause its a new drive installed back in January and it's life might be shortened. I can't get out for some reason and really cant buy a power backup.

Here to ask how to prevent any major failures from the sudden outages. Or if there aren't any working methods i want to ask for how many outages would it take for my ssd to fail completely? I would greatly appreciate any help at the moment. Thank you.

:)

KANISHKdaGreat, May 19, 2020

2. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 19, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Windows 10 running slow after power outage

Chance is your HD was corrupted or even damaged due to power outage. Open Admin command prompt:
    1. Run: chkdsk /r C:
    2. then Run: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth&sfc /scannow&pause

NOTE: You can copy and paste the above to the command line then run.

topgundcp, May 19, 2020
  4. mad1394 Win User

Sudden power outages and corrupt windows

RAM went bad after power outage?

The sensor of my old habu mouse died after a power outage, so I guess anything's possible where sudden lack of power is involved *Stick Out Tongue Sudden power outages and corrupt windows :p

mad1394, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Sudden power outages and corrupt windows

1. Sudden power outages and corrupt windows - Similar Threads - Sudden power outages

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  5. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  6. Power outage corrupted hard drive. Can't repair or reinstall Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power outage corrupted hard drive. Can't repair or reinstall Windows 11: This is my sister in law's Dell Latitude E7440 laptop which had been running Win 11. After a power outage / surge it would only boot to a black screen with a blinking cursor. I tried booting from an external DVD with Win 10 [I think I had to change the BIOS to legacy boot...
  7. Power outage corrupted hard drive. Can't repair or reinstall Windows 11

Power outage corrupted hard drive. Can't repair or reinstall Windows 11: This is my sister in law's Dell Latitude E7440 laptop which had been running Win 11. After a power outage / surge it would only boot to a black screen with a blinking cursor. I tried booting from an external DVD with Win 10 [I think I had to change the BIOS to legacy boot...
  8. Windows Corrupt after Power Outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Corrupt after Power Outage: I was resetting a Windows 10 desktop and there was a power outage when it was only at 64%.The computer then would flash the Dell logo booting and then flash the Windows Reset screen still at 64% and then it just repeats over and over.Eventually we unplugged it and then the...
  9. RTF File Corrupted from laptop power outage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RTF File Corrupted from laptop power outage: I have a WordPad document with all kinds of assorted ideas for future story content. I open the file one night to make a small edit only to find that the document was completely blank. It was replaced by a giant highlightable space. The file properties show the same file size...
  10. Major Windows 10 corruption after power outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Windows 10 corruption after power outage: Major Windows 10 corruption after power outage After restarting my PC after a power outage, Windows 10 has a multitude of issues. Those issues are as follows: - cannot type into start menu, and generally cannot use start menu. - no internet connection except sometimes in...