Windows 10: sudden printer issues on pc but not other devices.

Discus and support sudden printer issues on pc but not other devices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Pavilion PC seems to send file to printer but results only in blank page. trouble shooter shows no errors...queue seems to retain file in sequence.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by busterbradberry, May 18, 2021.

1. sudden printer issues on pc but not other devices.

HP Pavilion PC seems to send file to printer but results only in blank page. trouble shooter shows no errors...queue seems to retain file in sequence. Effects all apps equally including screen print and external apps accessed. Printer is is also HP All-in-One and everything including other devices connected together via wi-fi rather than cables.

:)

busterbradberry, May 18, 2021

2. printer issues

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• Is it a wired or wireless printer?
    • Is the printer connected via network to your computer?
    I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I suggest you to update the drivers for the printers and check if it helps.

I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 18, 2021
  3. Printer not printing after installing the device on the PC on Windows 10.

Hi Yitzchak,

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.

• Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 18, 2021
  4. sudden printer issues on pc but not other devices.

Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Hi Mike,

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted printer drivers.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your devices (Computer and printer)?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the printer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2021
Thema:

sudden printer issues on pc but not other devices.

1. sudden printer issues on pc but not other devices. - Similar Threads - sudden printer issues

2. printer suddenly not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer suddenly not connecting to PC: Suddenly I cannot print from PC to HP printer. I've looked through all the help issues. Can you provide me any other ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-suddenly-not-connecting-to-pc/4ff7d612-aa36-4c8b-b03c-242ee017f9d0
  3. printer suddenly not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer suddenly not connecting to PC: Suddenly I cannot print from PC to HP printer. I've looked through all the help issues. Can you provide me any other ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-suddenly-not-connecting-to-pc/4ff7d612-aa36-4c8b-b03c-242ee017f9d0
  4. Windows 11 PC not showing under devices and other issues

Windows 11 PC not showing under devices and other issues: Hello allI have two PC a windows 10 and a new windows 11 PC both have been running fine for about 9 months.Start about 3 month back I had a issue on me windows 11 pc with onedrive installing it self on my windows 11 pc. After talking to support online it was fix.Then my...
  5. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.: Our office uses a Konica Minolta Bizhub printer they've been no help that is wired directly to our network. My computer is able to print and save documents to the User Boxes within the printer, but nobody else connected to our network can. Sometimes the printer won't even add...
  6. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.: Our office uses a Konica Minolta Bizhub printer they've been no help that is wired directly to our network. My computer is able to print and save documents to the User Boxes within the printer, but nobody else connected to our network can. Sometimes the printer won't even add...
  7. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Printer "Driver is Unavailable" or listed in "Other devices" / "Software devices" in Device...

Printer "Driver is Unavailable" or listed in "Other devices" / "Software devices" in Device...: Hi All, I have a Brother printer of an older model MFC-4550 and I am trying to connect it using a USB-Parallel cable into Windows 10. On a previous version of windows Windows 10 1709, the printer worked perfectly fine. Recently I updated to Ver. 1809 by wiping the computer...
  9. printer other devices

printer other devices: Daily I have to reinvent the wheel and reload printer driver...why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-other-devices/e0ca5c1d-a798-454f-a993-95d2863cc891
  10. printer issue since an automatic pc update the other evening

printer issue since an automatic pc update the other evening: Hi since my PC did a windows update I can only print in black and white. The default printer is set for colour printing Any idea how to fix it. I have uninstalled printer and done a re install . Still same problem Thanks...