Windows 10: sudden reboot

Discus and support sudden reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone Today I was using my PC and it suddenly rebooted with no error whatsoever when I checked the events it had event 41 (only 2 were unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by guarizapo, Jun 15, 2016.

1. guarizapo Win User

sudden reboot

Hi everyone
    Today I was using my PC and it suddenly rebooted with no error whatsoever
    when I checked the events it had event 41 (only 2 were unknown cause, the others was me shutting down the PC improperly) and I have no idea what could have caused it
    Immediately after the reboot I checked the temperatures and they were fine. (I also disabled automatic reboot just in case)
    Thanks beforehand.

:)

guarizapo, Jun 15, 2016

2. sudden rebooting

What is the make and model of your computer?

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

Andre Da Costa, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

sudden reboot

No dump so not much we can do to debug this.

Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files: How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

If that doesn't give us a dump on the next failure, try Driver Verifier.

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

Ztruker, Jun 15, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    My guess is that this is the culprit

Code: Event[2484]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Date: 2016-06-14T22:17:16.396 Event ID: 19 Task: Windows Update Agent Level: Information Opcode: Installation Keyword: Installation,Success User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-PK1L93R Description: Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163018)[/quote]

sml156, Jun 15, 2016
  6. badrobot Win User
    I don't think you should worry about reboot unless it's locked in a reboot cycle. It could be just a simple error. Persistent BSOD, yes.

badrobot, Jun 15, 2016
  7. guarizapo Win User
    Thanks for the answers
    Since i checked with driver verifier and it had no issues I'm going to assume that it was a windows update or maybe a brownout
    Again thanks for the replies

guarizapo, Jun 15, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

sudden reboot

A search for bsod and KB3163018 gets lots of hits, so definitely a good possibility.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

sudden reboot

1. sudden reboot - Similar Threads - sudden reboot

2. Windows 10 Sudden Reboot, please check my minidump.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Sudden Reboot, please check my minidump.: PC suddenly turned off, no blue screen, wouldn't boot after several minutes but managed to boot afterwards. Minidump link Mediafire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sudden-reboot-please-check-my-minidump/ef11b5b0-a4f3-4632-bca2-9819ab37ab87
  3. Suddenly this little box appears on my desktop even after I reboot. I can change its size...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly this little box appears on my desktop even after I reboot. I can change its size...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gerrezsz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9k5n9/suddenly_this_little_box_appears_on_my_desktop/
  4. Sudden Reboot using Lightroom/Photoshop Win10 latest version

Sudden Reboot using Lightroom/Photoshop Win10 latest version: Getting frustrated by rebooting my PC during Phoshop/Lightroom. Temperature seems fine, between 45-55 Tried to do previous thread solution on REGEDIT but cant apply credential and save it to full access. Please help! Thanks in advance Windows 10 on SSD: Crucial BX500...
  5. Repeated Critical Bugcheck errors causing sudden reboots

Repeated Critical Bugcheck errors causing sudden reboots: Image of event properties attached. I have the DMP file but don't see a way to attach it. This happens about once a day. Please help. Tom Cihil .[ATTACH]...
  6. Laptop suddenly reboot

Laptop suddenly reboot: My laptop is randomly reboot and i just don't know why. The screen goes black and rebooting. After that sudden reboot my wifi adapter suddenly disappear. I have to restart it again in order to make my wifi adaptor back again. Could this be the problem with wifi adapter?...
  7. Computer suddenly reboots

Computer suddenly reboots: I've been having this issue for a while, where my computer suddenly shuts down and reboots again randomly, although I've noticed it sometimes happens when there is an update on Windows update. I've gone to a computer repair shop and they couldn't find the problem. The Event...
  8. HDD drives are suddenly not initializing on reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD drives are suddenly not initializing on reboot: Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open up disk management and they are both not initialized. I spent about a week recovering 4tb of lost data. Initialized the disk...
  9. PC rebooted and it suddenly changed

PC rebooted and it suddenly changed: Sorry, I don’t know how to title this and how to explain it, but here’s what happened. I forgot to plug in my laptop while working so it suddenly turned off when it ran out of battery. As I turned it back on, as I am signing in on my user account the pin and password stuff...
  10. Win 10 suddenly reboots. Event Viewer says BugCheck Event 1001.

Win 10 suddenly reboots. Event Viewer says BugCheck Event 1001.: Last night during a backup to a remote Win PC, my wife's Laptop rebooted. The Log in the backup program gave me a time and said it lost communications. I am finding in the Laptop wiht the Event Viewer at that an Error occurred as above, with following details: +System...