Windows 10: Sudden reboots during certain games

Discus and support Sudden reboots during certain games in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I've been having some trouble with my desktop PC since a little while, and I can't find the problem to it. I was wondering if anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TimKes, Sep 14, 2020.

1. TimKes Win User

Sudden reboots during certain games

Hey everyone,

I've been having some trouble with my desktop PC since a little while, and I can't find the problem to it. I was wondering if anyone has any idea as to how this keeps happening and what I can do to fix it.

The problem is this: It started while playing Satisfactory a while back on my Windows 7 desktop. I have been playing the game like mad in the beginning and had no PC issues in this period more than 70 hours, non-consecutive. Some time later I can't recall how much time later or that I installed any programs or products in between it could occur like a 20% chance per hour that my pc would crash without a BSOD and reboot. The EventViewer shows the 'unexpected shutdown', but I could not find the reason here why this could sometimes happen. Later I tried playing Tomb Raider: Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but I could expect the same issue after playing some 15-30 minutes.

The above occurrences were random, so it was hard to test in what state my system was. However, I recently downloaded Spellbreak, and I can reproduce the problem consistently by trying to enter the tutorial, at which point would again shutdown and reboot without any messages.

I checked the state of my system using Speccy, Task Manager and Resource Monitor, and can see that the CPU is thrown too 100%, but the temperature is more than fine <40 degrees.

Because of the above issues, I finally upgraded my PC to Windows 10. No improvements on my Spellbreak-killswitch.

I then did some hardware tests. I started with booting with 1 memory stick, only the other memory stick, and swapping both sticks to other DIMM slots. None helped.

I also ran a StressTest on my system using Aida64 for some 30 minutes on all device CPU,GPU,Memory,Disks, etc.. This does not trigger a shutdown or show any problems with my hardware.

I enabled the debug logging from Spellbreak. This shows some significant errors in CEF3, as I will post in the comments. I am not sure if these are the problem, but it is notable that Satisfactory also runs on Unreal Engine similar to Spellbreak, which uses the Chromium Embedded Framework. I do not know if Tomb Raider uses CEF.

Other games like Hearthstone and League of Legends have never on Win7 and still never on Win10 produce these system shutdowns.

Because of the above, I believe I do not necessarily have a hardware issue, but I cannot find or fix the problem.

I love to hear if anyone recognises this problem and can help me fix it, or any suggestions or test I can do to narrow down the problem space.

:)

TimKes, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Laurijan Win User

Sudden reboots in Games

That shows that the a 12V line has to be at least 40A right? My current one is 18A a rail (4 rail) so no wonder I suffer sudden reboots and my OC would be much better with a new PSU.

Laurijan, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Sudden reboots in Games

Ok diconnected everything unnesscary, cleaned all remaining connectors from dust, disconnected GPU and cleaned its PCI-E connector, checked mobo for any signs of damage and them run Lord of the Rings Online.

I got an almost sudden reboot while the game was loading and whats strange is that now the watt-meter only showned 144W when it happened.

I am sooooooooooooo sick and tired of this problem - I might just bring both GPU and PSU to the shop I got them from first thing tommorow.

Laurijan, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Laurijan Win User

Sudden reboots in Games

Now I know why I didnt get any reboots in the furmark prime95 combo - I forgot that yesterday I tested not with this combo but with OCCT GPU test & prime95 - which now gave me a reboot after a minute or so with the watt-meter showing 430W

Laurijan, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Sudden reboots during certain games - Similar Threads - Sudden reboots during

2. PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming: GPU: GIGABYTE RX7800XT - Driver 23.10.01.10CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x - Chipset 5.08.02.027Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 - BIOS P4.90RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold 750 W 80+ GoldOS: Windows 11 Pro - 10.0.22631 Build...
  3. PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming: GPU: GIGABYTE RX7800XT - Driver 23.10.01.10CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x - Chipset 5.08.02.027Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 - BIOS P4.90RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold 750 W 80+ GoldOS: Windows 11 Pro - 10.0.22631 Build...
  4. PC reboots during heavy gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots during heavy gaming: Hello, I recently encountered reboots in the middle of my gaming session - Fortnite and BF 2042 specifically. My GPU drivers are up-to-date, I reinstalled both games and launchers and still reboots. Sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after half an hour. I tried lowering...
  5. PC reboots during heavy gaming

PC reboots during heavy gaming: Hello, I recently encountered reboots in the middle of my gaming session - Fortnite and BF 2042 specifically. My GPU drivers are up-to-date, I reinstalled both games and launchers and still reboots. Sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after half an hour. I tried lowering...
  6. Computer crashes during certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  7. Computer crashes during certain games

Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  8. "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" sudden crashes during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" sudden crashes during games: While playing games primarily Overwatch, haven't tried much else, I get sudden crashes, always with the same stop code: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION I got "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" once, and usually without any lag preceding it. Sometimes the crash is random and unprovoked. Other...
  9. Auto Scrolling During Certain Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling During Certain Games: Every time I've opened the game, it has been extremely difficult to select anything from the main menu due to the game constantly automatically scrolling through every option with no way to stop it. Other Applications workings smoothly without any problem....
  10. Random black screen during certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen during certain games: Hello, It seems that in some games my computer crushes at random. So far I've experienced it in PlanetSide 2 and Guildwars 2. I'm not the best at analyzing windows events and I couldn't seem to find related information to my crashes... As in crash I mean that the screens...