Windows 10: Sudden Screen Freeze After Every Few Minutes in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Sudden Screen Freeze After Every Few Minutes in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past 2-3 days my PC started to freeze randomly after every few minutes. First time it froze on desktop,second time in the middle of the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sizan21, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Sizan21 Win User

Sudden Screen Freeze After Every Few Minutes in Windows 10 Home

For the past 2-3 days my PC started to freeze randomly after every few minutes.

First time it froze on desktop,second time in the middle of the game and third time in the middle of movie.

I haven't changed anything in my PC.

So, why is Windows 10 64 Bit Home started to act like this suddenly?

Is any update or service pack in work to fix this issue?

:)

Sizan21, Sep 17, 2020
  2. dawei Win User

Windows 7 freezes for 1 minute

My custom built rig has lately, in the past 2 months or so, been having these spits of freezing. It will freeze for exactly 1 minute: always 1 minute, every time. I can time it down to the second.

The weird thing is that when it freezes, some programs seem to be immune to it. When playing a full screen game, video and audio will freeze (though not always at the same time, sometimes one or the other will lag). Playing a 3D game in windowed mode seems to be immune to it however. Windows explorer and Firefox always seems to freeze, but Windows Messenger (including video call) will work as normal even while everything else is frozen. After a minute has passed, everything is back to normal. It happens at irregular intervals: sometimes it will happen then happen again 30 seconds later, and sometimes I can go hours without the problem.

It's a bit bizarre and I'm not sure what is causing it. The fact that it is always exactly 1 minute makes me think it's some dumb program checking for an update or something, but I can't pin it down.

Any ideas appreciated.

dawei, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Weird freeze, pink screen?

I recently purchased a PNY 8800GTS 512mb and so far it was been awesome. BUT. On startup I will start my browser or something after windows finishes loading and I will see the screen sort of flicker with a pink tint to it. It will be fine for a few minutes and then all of sudden my screen will turn solid neon pink and freeze up. Strangely enough, my mouse still works and shows up fine on top of the pink screen?

What gives?

CarolinaKSU, Sep 17, 2020
  4. MartinK Win User

Windows 10 & Nvidia Flash Player full screen freezing issue

I have exactly the same problem. After 3 minutes, picture freezes, sound goes on. It appeared after win 10 reinstalation. Any help appreciated.

MartinK, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Sudden Screen Freeze After Every Few Minutes in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Sudden Screen Freeze

2. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  3. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  4. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes: This started 4 days ago, my windows freezes a lot when opening a program. When i try to play something the game starts but keeps freezing and coming back, and randomly freezes for about 20 seconds and then crashes. The games i tested this on are CS:GO keeps freezing and...
  6. Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes

Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes: This started 4 days ago, my windows freezes a lot when opening a program. When i try to play something the game starts but keeps freezing and coming back, and randomly freezes for about 20 seconds and then crashes. The games i tested this on are CS:GO keeps freezing and...
  7. Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My laptop freezes every time after a few minutes after updates

My laptop freezes every time after a few minutes after updates: Sometime last week my laptop rarely freezes after it went idle, I've googled the problems and tried to fix it and it still crashes until this day. And when I checked the Reliability Monitor I found out it happens every time after a few minutes or so after an update or...
  9. Sudden Screen Freeze After Every Few Minutes in Windows 10

Sudden Screen Freeze After Every Few Minutes in Windows 10: For the past 2-3 days my PC started to freeze randomly after every few minutes. First time it froze on desktop,second time in the middle of the game and third time in the middle of movie. I haven't changed anything in my PC. So, why is Windows 10 64 Bit Home started to act...
  10. Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes: Been using Security Essentials, Windows 7, for several years, no problems. Today its behavior has changed. Every few minutes it goes from green to red, service has stopped. I restart, it restarts, goes back to green, life is good. For a few minutes. Then it stops again. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezing