Windows 10: Sudden Shutdown, No BSOD

Discus and support Sudden Shutdown, No BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, today my computer was just idling, and all of a sudden it shutdown, with no BSOD. Around this time I found the following events in the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MuffinKatz, May 8, 2020.

1. Sudden Shutdown, No BSOD

Hello, today my computer was just idling, and all of a sudden it shutdown, with no BSOD. Around this time I found the following events in the system event viewer. I am not too sure of the time of shutdown.

WHEA- Logger, Event ID 18, for a time of 10:37:04

a bugcheck, event id 1001, at 10:37:01 that says "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffb10b7fd428c8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050820-10000-01.dmp. Report Id: 72a0258a-91db-4c1d-80a9-8627ebb84fbf. "

an error, event id 6008, at 10:37:00 that says" The previous system shutdown at 10:27:30 AM on ‎5/‎8/‎2020 was unexpected"

A message at 10:36:53 for kernel-power event ID 41, that says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

What I don't get is that the even id 6008 says it shut down at 10:27, but looking around in event view around that time, and there is no logs recorded. Furthermore, if is indeed a hardware issue, and the whea logger is indeed the cause, it doesn't make sense for it to be written at a time after the reboot.

When it shutdown, it seemed like if power ssome switched off the psu switch, no bsod. I just turned it back on using the power button, and it seems to work normal. A few months ago, I had the whea logger id, when I was having BSOD's, but a windows update seemed to fix that, and no issues ever since. Any suggestions on what could be happening? Perhaps a faulty power supply?

Any help would be appreciated.

Just in case it is useful:

I am running a ryzen 1800x, with 24 gb of ram, and a gigabyte aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 motherboard. I had issues with stability about an year ago when playing games, so I just set the settings of the bios to the default back then, which is what I currently have.

:)

MuffinKatz, May 8, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, May 8, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    Random hard resets with no errors, pop-ups, or bsod.

No record of new BSOD's
    What kind of a crash was it?
    • BSOD Crash
    • Sudden restart/shutdown crash
    • Freeze crash

axe0, May 8, 2020
  4. Sudden Shutdown, No BSOD

Sudden Shutdown in windows 10

Thank you all for your responses.

It seems that problem has been resolved. but it's very early to say.

Troubleshoots I have done are mentioned below,

First step:

• Upgrade Bios from manufacturer site.
    Second step:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • Unplug AC adapter.
    • Disassemble the computer in order to access to the battery.
    • Disconnect the battery connector from the motherboard slot.
    • Clean it properly by compressed air lookout for fragile parts as well.
    • Wait for 15 minutes at minimum.
    • Connect the battery connector to the motherboard slot.
    • Reassemble.
    • Plug in AC adapter.
    • Let the computer load the battery at full capacity.

I will update about performance and this issue.

manthan_modh, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Sudden Shutdown, No BSOD

1. Sudden Shutdown, No BSOD - Similar Threads - Sudden Shutdown BSOD

2. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  3. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  4. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer sudden shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer sudden shutdowns: I am experiencing unexpected shutdowns.Can you please check my dmp fles?I uploaded them here, along with my system info:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkTeOlPbHaooxkFHJEdNgxr1Hxft?e=SgB27wthanks in advanceHaris...
  6. computer sudden shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer sudden shutdowns: I am experiencing unexpected shutdowns.Can you please check my dmp fles?I uploaded them here, along with my system info:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkTeOlPbHaooxkFHJEdNgxr1Hxft?e=SgB27wthanks in advanceHaris...
  7. computer sudden shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Sudden Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden Shutdown: Hi. I have looked at a couple of other threads on this but none seem to indicate a possible solution. I wonder if anyone can assist. I am trying to sort out my daughters computer, which has an annoying habit of suddenly shutting down. I have recently reinstalled everything in...
  9. Sudden Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden Shutdowns: I started using my aunt's laptop recently and it shuts down whenever I use it- be it playing a game called League of Legends or simply using the browser. It thought it might be a case of over heating but it shuts down despite being cool to the touch. I took a look at the...
  10. Sudden shutdown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sudden shutdown: Hi, I have a problem, my surface pro 7 sudden shutdown when I do no activity for less than a minute. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sudden-shutdown/763053da-4505-4c92-9810-e876029cc31d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x124 ryzen sudden rebot