Windows 10: Sudden shutdown

Discus and support Sudden shutdown in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem, my surface pro 7 sudden shutdown when I do no activity for less than a minute. Please advise... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mohamed SalahKhayal, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Sudden shutdown

Hi,

I have a problem, my surface pro 7 sudden shutdown when I do no activity for less than a minute.

Please advise

:)

Mohamed SalahKhayal, Jan 8, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Sudden Shutdown in windows 10

Thank you all for your responses.

It seems that problem has been resolved. but it's very early to say.

Troubleshoots I have done are mentioned below,

First step:

• Upgrade Bios from manufacturer site.
    Second step:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • Unplug AC adapter.
    • Disassemble the computer in order to access to the battery.
    • Disconnect the battery connector from the motherboard slot.
    • Clean it properly by compressed air lookout for fragile parts as well.
    • Wait for 15 minutes at minimum.
    • Connect the battery connector to the motherboard slot.
    • Reassemble.
    • Plug in AC adapter.
    • Let the computer load the battery at full capacity.

I will update about performance and this issue.

manthan_modh, Jan 8, 2020
  4. miloshs Win User

Sudden shutdown

Sudden-no-explanation system shutdown???

update...

Here's a little update...
    Since 3 hour back i haven't had any problems with my PC regarding sudden shutdowns, so i can almost positively say that it had something to do with the monitoring software and its accessing the sensors...

miloshs, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Sudden shutdown

1. Sudden shutdown - Similar Threads - Sudden shutdown

2. Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up: Looking for help and advice on the following issue:Currently my system would shutdown and restart unexpectedly. During start up it would repeatedly turn off with a click sound from PSU? and restart during the boot up process usually not getting past the boot logo - after 4 or...
  3. Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up: Looking for help and advice on the following issue:Currently my system would shutdown and restart unexpectedly. During start up it would repeatedly turn off with a click sound from PSU? and restart during the boot up process usually not getting past the boot logo - after 4 or...
  4. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  5. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  6. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  8. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  9. Blue screen errors and sudden computer shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen errors and sudden computer shutdowns: At random times, my computer suddenly shuts down or a blue screen appears. All I have tried is to update the NVidea drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-errors-and-sudden-computer-shutdowns/d1204d6c-9d93-4a84-9902-264199dbbe85
  10. Blue screen errors and sudden computer shutdowns

Blue screen errors and sudden computer shutdowns: At random times, my computer suddenly shuts down or a blue screen appears. All I have tried is to update the NVidea drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-errors-and-sudden-computer-shutdowns/d1204d6c-9d93-4a84-9902-264199dbbe85