Windows 10: Sudden slow scrolling

Discus and support Sudden slow scrolling in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for a while, most of the time my scroll speed is good, but sometimes the scrolling suddenly drops to turtle speed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomme2009, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Sudden slow scrolling

I have been having this problem for a while, most of the time my scroll speed is good, but sometimes the scrolling suddenly drops to turtle speed. Restarting my laptop fixes the issue, the issue is there with two different mouses and a touchpad, and it persists through all programs. Does anyone know what's going on here?

submitted by /u/tomme2009
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tomme2009, Apr 18, 2020
  2. jraptor02 Win User

Menu Scroll Speed is very slow.

I was wondering if there was a way to increase the scroll speed of the menu's in Edge. I just switched from chrome and it takes forever to scroll in a menu in edge.

NOTE: This is not a corrupt file issue. It scrolls just is really slow.

I use a lot of drop down lists that are very long. It literally scrolls less than 1/4 the speed that chrome does....

Any suggestions?

jraptor02, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 Photos app slow scrolling

Hi Amit,

Corruptions may be the possible cause why the scroll was slow when using Photo app. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from increasing the no. of lines to scroll under Mouse settings to 50?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions in this

article
    to restore Windows corruption errors.

Feel free to post us back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Sudden slow scrolling

not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Sudden slow scrolling

1. Sudden slow scrolling - Similar Threads - Sudden slow scrolling

2. COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW: Hello-In the last two days my computer is suddenly displaying the message 'low memory.' It has been fine over many months with zero hold ups even with multiple tabs open. I know when I just have too many tabs open slowing things down, vs a certain certain shopping websites I...
  3. Computer suddenly slow and scrolling jagged on specific applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer suddenly slow and scrolling jagged on specific applications: This problem happened all of a sudden. At first i thought my computer became very slow, but after a lot of tests and trying, I could notice that the issue only affects specific apps. It affects Google Chrome, Edge, VS code my IDE, and some other apps that I've made yes I'm a...
  4. Computer suddenly slow and scrolling jagged on specific applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer suddenly slow and scrolling jagged on specific applications: This problem happened all of a sudden. At first i thought my computer became very slow, but after a lot of tests and trying, I could notice that the issue only affects specific apps. It affects Google Chrome, Edge, VS code my IDE, and some other apps that I've made yes I'm a...
  5. Computer suddenly slow and scrolling jagged on specific applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Laptop suddenly slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop suddenly slow: Hello all my main laptop has suddenly started to run very very slow and clicking on the start bar on the icons takes foreveer for the app to start up which is very unusual because it normally starts up and runs really fast. I have run a malware scan with my security suite but...
  7. Suddenly Slow Browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly Slow Browsers: I’m not sure what at all changed but all of my browsers are suddenly running slow. My laptop is up to date and I haven’t downloaded anything recently or made any usage changes but my my browsers went from instantly loading pages and being able to handle several tabs open to...
  8. Slow scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow scrolling: Does anyone know why scrolling is not smooth for files with Japanese names? I have some files with Japanese names in a folder. When I scroll in the folder, it feels laggy. But the same doesn't happen in a folder with english named files submitted by /u/AkatsukiKojou...
  9. Sudden scrolling in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sudden scrolling in windows 10: When I go a website. It is automatically scrolling down to the end of the website and I am not able to control it. This problem occurs even in settings app, Microsoft store , windows search etc. can I get help in this problem. thanks...
  10. Scrolling seems slow and jerky

in Windows 10 Support
    Scrolling seems slow and jerky: Is may be just me but scrolling up and down through posts in this forum seems slow and jerky compared to eight forums. If I press the arrow keys to scroll up and down then it scrolls a bit, pauses for a split second and then carries on a bit more before pausing again. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scrolling is all of a sudden really slow windows 10