Windows 10: Sudden system freezes. No BSOD

Discus and support Sudden system freezes. No BSOD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Within a couple of hours after replacing my CPU cooler, my system froze on three separate occasions. No sound. No response from mouse or keyboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lenticular, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Sudden system freezes. No BSOD

Within a couple of hours after replacing my CPU cooler, my system froze on three separate occasions. No sound. No response from mouse or keyboard. Monitors kept showing a frozen image. On one of these occasions I waited a couple of minutes before resetting, but it stayed frozen.

The freezes were sudden. No graphical glitches. No BSOD. Nothing in the event viewer, as far as I can tell. On two of these occasions I had HWMonitor visible, and no temperature was above 60°C.

This happened two days ago and I had no freezes yesterday, nor so far today. Outside of those three freezes, the system is working just fine. I wasn't doing anything in particular when the freezes occurred that I haven't done since without issue.

While replacing the cooler, I unseated the CPU to more easily clean it around the sides. I was careful not to touch or damage the pins, but could this potentially have something to do with the problem? I was surprised the BIOS detected a hardware change on startup.

I'm at a loss to know how to diagnose this problem and the worry of it happening again and not knowing how to prevent it is eating me up. I could go into more detail about several of the circumstances, but since I have no idea what's causing this problem I don't know what would be relevant. If anyone could point me in the right direction or has any idea of what might be going on, I'd be grateful.

:)

Lenticular, Oct 30, 2018
  2. axe0 Win User

Random hard resets with no errors, pop-ups, or bsod.

No record of new BSOD's
    What kind of a crash was it?
    • BSOD Crash
    • Sudden restart/shutdown crash
    • Freeze crash

3. NetSurfer Win User
    BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Sudden system freezes. No BSOD

Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Sudden system freezes. No BSOD

1. Sudden system freezes. No BSOD - Similar Threads - Sudden system freezes

2. Sudden Windows/System freezes no bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Windows/System freezes no bluescreen: Hello everyone,I would like to ask a question about finding a persisting issue in my system.I have a quite new system with a Intel i9-9900k and a Nvidia RTX3080, but since a few days my system regularly freezes especially in idling, or when there is no input from my site -...
  3. Sudden Windows/System freezes no bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Windows/System freezes no bluescreen: Hello everyone,I would like to ask a question about finding a persisting issue in my system.I have a quite new system with a Intel i9-9900k and a Nvidia RTX3080, but since a few days my system regularly freezes especially in idling, or when there is no input from my site -...
  4. System Freezes Suddenly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Freezes Suddenly.: Windows 10 ErrorsWindows 10 keeps Hanging. It may be a SATA problem or a motherboard problem.I've disclosed the Event Viewer records for review. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freezes-suddenly/d12bc99c-ecc3-4c5f-8614-3729c0299ff7
  5. System Freezes Suddenly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Freezes Suddenly.: Windows 10 ErrorsWindows 10 keeps Hanging. It may be a SATA problem or a motherboard problem.I've disclosed the Event Viewer records for review. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freezes-suddenly/d12bc99c-ecc3-4c5f-8614-3729c0299ff7
  6. System Freezes Suddenly.

7. my laptop suddenly freezes for a while and then bsods

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop suddenly freezes for a while and then bsods: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj5kUbg2yLV4jhu-9tin1ndvchLB?e=S4u8nsI have uploaded my mini dump right here I hope I get some help here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-suddenly-freezes-for-a-while-and-then/8e168d53-de55-4bc5-b0a0-b0b78288ac97
  8. Windows 11 suddenly freezes then trows a bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 suddenly freezes then trows a bsod: So, the issue started yesterday. I was playing a game, then my laptop froze, and after a few second a bsod happened. Error code was DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. But there was a purple glitched line at the middle of the screen vertically and it was saying complet instead of...
  9. Windows 11 suddenly freezes then trows a bsod

Windows 11 suddenly freezes then trows a bsod: So, the issue started yesterday. I was playing a game, then my laptop froze, and after a few second a bsod happened. Error code was DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. But there was a purple glitched line at the middle of the screen vertically and it was saying complet instead of...
  10. Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes: Good day TenForums, As of late my PC has been suffering from BSOD and random freezes (where no BSOD) occurs but both seem to be happening very frequently lately. My system is running on: Windows 10, Intel i5 4570 Radeon 6950 12Gig Ram. I added the DM log file...