Windows 10: Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing

Discus and support Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was working in MS Teams audio and video call usingLogitech G635 LightSync. I have the latest USB drivers, windows version 10.0.18362 Build on an Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windows98Gamer, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing

I was working in MS Teams audio and video call usingLogitech G635 LightSync. I have the latest USB drivers, windows version 10.0.18362 Build on an Asus Notebook PC model GL553V. It has an Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU.

This was NOT any feedback loop. I recognize that kind of sound. I have been using this headset for about 6 months with no USB Driver or any other problem before I've been using Discord, Xbox and many other voice chats for several hours a week.

This Sound came suddenly at exactly the same time as I got an USB error dialog, See Attachment.

The dialog claimed the error was on a recently plugged device but no new device had been plugged in since many hours. The sound was on maximum level Even at highest volume I’ve never heard a sound this loud before regardless of the volume control. The sound didn't disappear until I unplugged the headset device.

The headset sound was so loud that persons from other rooms the door was closed in my house heard it clearly, wondering what’s happening. Altough I removed the headset as fast as I could this was a very disturbing experience, without my quick reaction this would have been harmful to my ears. The headset worked normally after I re plugged them and restarted my computer.

What kind of error can this be and how can I avoid it happening again?

Shouldn’t there be protection against unsafe high audio volume?

Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing a3a6c0e1-9e1f-4316-870a-62e68b67a37f?upload=true.png

:)

Windows98Gamer, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Sandra#77 Win User

High pitched chirp sound on videos

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and have 2 issues now:

1- At the beginning of videos on my PC and online, there is a loud, very high-pitched chirp sound. Last time I fixed this, it was a setting in RealTek.

2- RealTek audio driver is installed, but it does not show up in the list of drivers. I do a system check for updates or to see if it is working properly.

I am worried about uninstalling RealTek completely, because I read other users did that and now they do not have any sound. Please help!

I have a HP Notebook 64 bit

Sandra#77, Mar 25, 2020
  3. N95 - High pitch noise (hiss) and GPS struggling to connect

I must dissagree with you .. Mine is Made in Finland .. it came in grey box .. not the white one .... Mine has High pitch noise .... And about the High Pitch Noise you should know that not all ppl can hear it .. I have some friends that do not hear it at all
    .. others can hear it only with one of the ears .. others .. like me can hear it loud and clear .... Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing :(

Perheps I should damage my hearing so I will not be able to hear this annoying high pitch noise Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing :p

leon_plovdiv, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing

N95 - High pitch noise (hiss) and GPS struggling to connect

I must dissagree with you .. Mine is Made in Finland .. it came in grey box .. not the white one .... Mine has High pitch noise .... And about the High Pitch Noise you should know that not all ppl can hear it .. I have some friends that do not hear it at all
    .. others can hear it only with one of the ears .. others .. like me can hear it loud and clear .... Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing :(

Perheps I should damage my hearing so I will not be able to hear this annoying high pitch noise Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing :p

Well, my hearing is fine! Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing ;) I honestly do not have any high pitch noise or anything. I gave the phone to 7 of my friends and they could not hear anything either. I do not know, perhaps you got unlucky. But you are one of the very few with a phone made in Finland
    that I am aware of having troubles...

psyxologos, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing

1. Sudden USB failure led to high pitch sound loud enough that it could have damaged my hearing - Similar Threads - Sudden USB failure

2. Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds: Hi guysI recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 11. My fiance is a streamer and we use this for operating our streaming software OBS Studio. For the most part the sound has worked fine both with the external microphone we typically use as well as the laptop microphone...
  3. Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not picking up high pitched sounds: Hi guysI recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 11. My fiance is a streamer and we use this for operating our streaming software OBS Studio. For the most part the sound has worked fine both with the external microphone we typically use as well as the laptop microphone...
  4. Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch: as of yesterday, ive been getting this notification sound coming from my headphones after downloading a game from the xbox app. ive tried just about every troubleshooting issue i know between killing the power, control panel, Admin CDW scan, troubleshooting audio scan,...
  5. Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch: as of yesterday, ive been getting this notification sound coming from my headphones after downloading a game from the xbox app. ive tried just about every troubleshooting issue i know between killing the power, control panel, Admin CDW scan, troubleshooting audio scan,...
  6. Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Audio Sound like a Radio+High Pitch or a Surround System with High pitch and a bit...: So, Today I plug in my Headsets like what I did every day for a year and today is where things starting to get weird, the audio was Radio high pitchI'm not sure if that's the correct way to explain my problemand I've tried to plug it in/out several times now and it's still...
  7. System sounds randomly high pitched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System sounds randomly high pitched: Today when i turned on my pc, i noticed that all of the sounds were randomly high pitched, i tried troubleshooting and even wiping my hard drives clean but it still dosent go back to normalMy specs are:RYZEN 5 3600KNVIDIA 1660 SUPERASUS TUF GAMING B450 PLUS II16 GB RAM2...
  8. Static high pitched noise in my headset, keyboard turning off and on repeatedly and LED...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Static high pitched noise in my headset, keyboard turning off and on repeatedly and LED...: Recently i have downloaded windows 10 onto my PC from a USB flash drive. Today the 3 problems have started occuring : 1 Led Fans flicking 2 Keyboard randomly turning off and on repeatedly 3 A static high pitched noise in my headset I have no idea what the problem would...
  9. My Computer Made High Pitched Screaching Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Made High Pitched Screaching Sound: Hi, so I've had this computer, an ASUS Notebook, for a couple years, and it's worked fine. I turned my computer on this morning and the sound was off, which I assume was my roommate, when I turned it on it started making a high pitched screaming sound. I shut down Spotify...
  10. low sound can not here audio not loud enough

in Windows 10 Customization
    low sound can not here audio not loud enough: audio not loud enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/low-sound-can-not-here-audio-not-loud-enough/013a6d06-e6cf-4da2-8a05-18560f642530