Windows 10: SUDDEN Windows(OS) User Startup Password LogIn Failure

Discus and support SUDDEN Windows(OS) User Startup Password LogIn Failure in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hope you can be of help here. Suddenly while working without an issue up till yesterday afternoon by yesterday evening I have encountered a log in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tariq.Qureshi, Apr 17, 2019.

1. SUDDEN Windows(OS) User Startup Password LogIn Failure

Hope you can be of help here.

Suddenly while working without an issue up till yesterday afternoon by yesterday evening I have encountered a log in issue on the Windows OS on my desktop. I am now not able to log back into my PC at all; it says my windows user PW is incorrect - the PW needed when prompted by windows OS to enter the desktop on the start up of the device. This is very concerning as I no longer at present have access to any of my emails, files and work which I need pretty urgently for university. When the computer starts back up, my user name is displayed as normal and I am then asked to enter my user password again as normal, which I do, but, it is then immediately rejected as being incorrect.

This password is one I have used for many years without ever an issue - am absolutely sure I am typing it correctly - I have also re-entered it many times again this morning anyway and have also made sure it is correct by using the online keyboard and also the password reveal icon to confirm - as advised in by other online - all these methods confirm I have been entering the password correctly but still it is rejected.

I do not have a password reset disk previosuly set up so I cannot use this solution. I also have tried pushing SHIFT and RESTART to get to the Troubleshooting Screen from where I have gone to Start Up Pptions (change windows start up behaviour) and then push F5 for Safe Mode With Networking.

but this still requires me to enter my password which it is not accepting. It is as if it has forgotten my password or changed it without my knowledge

Firstly: I would appreciate any support in getting me passed this password stage so that I can log into my desktop. Now, I am concerned that I have lost my files and uni project and would firstly like to check these files are simply still there.

Secondly: Can you still reset Windows to a previous, or, its' 'last good configuation' - from 2 days ago say, as this only happened last night - as I remember you could do in previous versions of Windows all the while not loosing any of your data/files created before this restore date - keeping my files is a priority here? Or, is this last good config function no longer availiable in Windows 10, or, not recommended for any other reason?

Grateful for any advice and support thanks.

:)

Tariq.Qureshi, Apr 17, 2019

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Apr 17, 2019
  3. At startup, no password or login prompt

At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue also happens if i put it to sleep, or hibernate, also have to restart computer. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Stranded360, Apr 17, 2019
  4. SUDDEN Windows(OS) User Startup Password LogIn Failure

Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

SUDDEN Windows(OS) User Startup Password LogIn Failure

1. SUDDEN Windows(OS) User Startup Password LogIn Failure - Similar Threads - SUDDEN User Startup

2. Suddenly password login changed to pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly password login changed to pin?: Has anyone else experienced an overnight update to windows 10 only to find your once password login is gone and now it is asking for a pin? I have never set up my device for a pin login. I am not a super tech so I keep things easy. The pin log in does not have a forgot pin...
  3. Forgot user login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot user login password: Hello i was away for 3 months and now that i came home i have forgotten my windows 10 login password... i cant remember the answers to my 3 secret questions... i remember 2 answers but its not enough.. in the bios settings i found “admin password” and “user passowrd” i...
  4. Windows 10 user login and startup

Windows 10 user login and startup: Community: On my DELL XPS 8900, running Windows 10, once previously and today, the lock screen would not dismiss to the sign on screen after multiple interrupts, mouse taps, key hits, for 25 minutes of waiting and tapping. Previously I rebooted, today just about...
  5. Windows 10 user login and startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 user login and startup: Dell XPS 8900, freezes in starting Desktop, Slideshow pane appears but taskbar does not, mouse and keyboard clicks do not respond, Windows button does not respond, have to power down and restart...
  6. Login password suddenly incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login password suddenly incorrect: My little brother's computer does not allow him to login with the password anymore for some reason and i'm trying to figure it out why. What i am confident on is that we're typing in the correct password and that this occured sometime on friday. With that said though, is...
  7. All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup: I've been bypassing that startup page for ages, and today its started asking for the password. I have it set up on Accounts that I dont have to enter password and also on netplwiz. However it still asks for it. I've restarted the pc 3 times and it's asked every time....
  8. password login at startup

password login at startup: I have a HP laptop and when I turn it on it starts normal until it comes to the part where I need to put my password in and only the letter i and a few numbers and the space bar work. I have to click on the forgot password and when I do that all my keyboard works again but I...
  9. Windows Startup suddenly requiring password

Windows Startup suddenly requiring password: After several years of using windows 10 'startup' in the "Never" require password sign-in mode on my desktop, for several days now, I have suddenly been required to use a password during startup. This apparently occurred subsequent to some 'automatic update' downloads from...
  10. At startup, no password or login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    At startup, no password or login prompt: At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue...