Windows 10: Suddendly Outlook and other Office programs missing

Discus and support Suddendly Outlook and other Office programs missing in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; When my computer started it said the start menu had an error and it would try to repair next time. I restarted it and office icons are gone. I can open... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mallen, Feb 15, 2017.

1. mallen Win User

Suddendly Outlook and other Office programs missing

When my computer started it said the start menu had an error and it would try to repair next time. I restarted it and office icons are gone. I can open a Word document but not launch the program. I searched for Outlook and I can open a new message from the start menu right clicking. Is this a permission issue maybe? I only have one acount and I have tried signing out and back in. I searched for Outlook and tried to save to the start menu but it would not save.

:)

mallen, Feb 15, 2017

2. Problems using Microsoft Edge and Outlook

I missed your other question. I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook not outlook.com.

CamMonahan, Feb 15, 2017
  3. 1709 update affected other programs.

Windows 10 update 1709 completed but it affected other programs on my desktop. I cannot access any other programs, Microsoft Office, Outlook mail, G-Mail and all others.

FernandoMiller, Feb 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you have any system restore points or disk images you can use to restore your system to a previous working state?
    We strongly and repeatedly recommend the routine use of disk imaging to protect your pc, your data and your sanity.

I'd also suggest you run a routine disk check.
    Also run Crystal Diskinfo (free) to check status based on SMART params.

dalchina, Feb 15, 2017
  5. SoFine409 Win User
    Try right clicking the windows icon and selecting "Programs and Features." Look for "Microsoft Office" and if it exists click on it and select "Change" at the top of the list. It should give you the options of "Quick Repair" or "Online Repair." First select "Quick Repair" and after it is done shut down and restart. If it isn't fixed then go back and try "Online Repair." Hopefully that will get you back in business.

SoFine409, Feb 15, 2017
  6. mallen Win User
    Thanks I will give that a try. I think it has something to do with the start menu since it displayed that message. I have found there are repair tools also for the start menu.

mallen, Feb 15, 2017
  7. mallen Win User
    The restore was able to fix it and now its working ok. Thanks.

mallen, Feb 16, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Great- another lucky outcome for system restore...

If you haven't yet, do start using disk imaging routinely e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) before greater disaster strikes. Can even get you back up and running after disk failure or ransomware.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Suddendly Outlook and other Office programs missing - Similar Threads - Suddendly Outlook Office

2. Office 365: Outlook & other MSO apps interaction

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365: Outlook & other MSO apps interaction: A curiosity, perhaps a setting somewhere, perhaps intentional by design. I use Outlook client for my emails using outlook.pst for emails to my main email address, other .pst files for my other email addresses. Assuming Outlook is not running, I've noticed that when I open...
  3. Outlook Office 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Outlook Office 365: I can't get the visual basic editor to open in Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-office-365/8ccca054-a9e2-40f3-bf74-02a73c6d70a9
  4. Microsoft office outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft office outlook: Cannot open my Office outlook keeps coming up errors detected in the file and says use inbox repair tool Scanpst.exe to diagnose and repair I cant get into the inbox to find repair tool any advice on fixing this without uninstalling and loosing all my emails?...
  5. merge outlook and office

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    merge outlook and office: How do i merge my old uni account to my new business account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merge-outlook-and-office/f8dfa0d4-8b51-4d1b-9166-5baf7ba3d566"
  6. outlook in office 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook in office 2019: ik heb via mijn werkgever office 2019 kunnen aanschaffen en na installatie kan ik via outlook geen mails ontvangen verzenden. Ik ben verbonden met het internet want een oude mail kan ik openen. Ik werk met windows 10. Wat kan ik hieraan doen??? Alle hulp is welkom...
  7. Outlook Wont print but other programs such as FireFox and IE will.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Wont print but other programs such as FireFox and IE will.: I am attempting to print an email from outlook. To be Clear I am talking about the outlook mail program, I do not have office. I cant get it to work. I can print every other program with zero problems. I am running window 10 pro last patch is Windows 10 Version 1803 for...
  8. Text missing on Windows Explorer and other programs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Text missing on Windows Explorer and other programs.: [ATTACH] Above is a screenshot of my computer. Clearly, there is something wrong with the text, and this also holds for Task Manager, and many other programs. I am completely unsure what triggered this and can use some advice....
  9. Outlook Office

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Office: Hello I have 2 MS Outlook (office) accounts. When I open Outlook, one account always opens, I think this must be the default account, how do I change it''s not the defaut account? Also, I'm missing the menu bar, in Outlook, when I click on the "ribbon dispaly options"...
  10. Moving date from Outlook.com to the Outlook program in Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving date from Outlook.com to the Outlook program in Office 365: I'm helping a friend upgrade her computer and one of the things I did was helped her acquire and install a copy of Personal Office 365, which includes Outlook 2016. She's been doing her email on Outlook.com until now but now wants to use Outlook 2016. I'm trying to figure...