Windows 10: Suddenly BSOD after switching on my computer

Discus and support Suddenly BSOD after switching on my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just switched on my computer and The Blue Screen Of Death came. I had the error just after an update. I followed the steps given on a Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAMESHNAIR1, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Suddenly BSOD after switching on my computer

I just switched on my computer and The Blue Screen Of Death came.

I had the error just after an update.

I followed the steps given on a Microsoft page - https://www.windows.com/stopcode

I followed all the steps but the problem didn't got solved. I was going to repeat the steps again but after the second last step, theBSOD came again.

And whenever I switch on my computer, It shows The Blue Screen Of Deathwith the error 'CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED'.

I have uninstalled all the recent updates and also have tried restoring my PC but it says that it caused an error. I have tried all the options in the Choose an option screen after WinRE.

Please help me if you know how to fix this BSOD error in this condition.

I am using Windows 10 32-bit.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you.

:)

RAMESHNAIR1, Nov 1, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Suddenly - BSOD! x124, ntoskrnl.exe

I'm suddenly getting BSODs. I never see them happen, I always go to my computer and Windows oh so prolifically informs me of a crash. I don't know what triggers it, I'm not there... all I know is it likes to randomly crash. I do run BOINC full-time on the system so there's plenty of load on the CPU and whatnot, but I have before and never had issues until just lately.

(( One major pet peeve about Windows 8... previous versions would give you some info, now I get these *Frown Suddenly BSOD after switching on my computer :(... ))

Bluescreenview tells me that it's the classic x124 code, and its caused by ntoskrnl.exe. At first I thought that it might be caused by my sound card, a Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro. The reason I thought this is because I never really had any BSOD before I put this card in, where before I used an Asus Xonar DG. I initially blamed Creative's drivers or something along those lines, but since it says the kernel is crashing, I'm thinking maybe Creative isn't at fault here with shoddy drivers. Is my OC suddenly unstable? One line of thought that suggests some form of hardware instability here is that the Asus Xonar DG was a PCI card, and the X-Fi I am using now is PCI-E x1. Maybe having my sound card on the PCI-E bus is stressing out the system more than it was before causing BSOD?

3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 1, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Suddenly BSOD after switching on my computer

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly BSOD after switching on my computer

1. Suddenly BSOD after switching on my computer - Similar Threads - Suddenly BSOD switching

2. My computer suddenly goes into a BSOD after entering the Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly goes into a BSOD after entering the Desktop: The BSOD had a message for Bug check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.Looking further into event viewer the message was:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8053b2114d2, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000080. A...
  3. My computer suddenly goes into a BSOD after entering the Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer suddenly goes into a BSOD after entering the Desktop: The BSOD had a message for Bug check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.Looking further into event viewer the message was:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8053b2114d2, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000080. A...
  4. My computer suddenly goes into a BSOD after entering the Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Logging into computer and the password function was suddenly switched to a pin number...

Logging into computer and the password function was suddenly switched to a pin number...: Recently, my laptop login function was changed from having a regular password to needing the six-digit pin to log in. This is fine since I know my pin, but I would prefer to have my password used instead. I tried to go to my "other sign-in options" settings and it says that...
  6. My computer suddenly shuts down after sometime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly shuts down after sometime: HiI have a PC with intel CORE i5 and windows 7 Ultimate installed in it. My problem is my PC automatically shuts down after some time and my USB drivers are also not getting installed. So, what should i do? Should i need to get a latest window or is there any solution of...
  7. My computer suddenly shuts down after sometime

My computer suddenly shuts down after sometime: HiI have a PC with intel CORE i5 and windows 7 Ultimate installed in it. My problem is my PC automatically shuts down after some time and my USB drivers are also not getting installed. So, what should i do? Should i need to get a latest window or is there any solution of...
  8. BSoD after motherboard switch

BSoD after motherboard switch: Hello ! So today I changed my motherboard from a MSI B450M-A PRO MAX to an AORUS B550 Elite. When I booted up my PC, everything seemed normal, but a few seconds after I sign in I get a BSoD with error code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. My theory was and still is that old drivers...
  9. BSOD after switching into performance mode.

BSOD after switching into performance mode.: I started getting BSODs after I switched into performance mode in bios. I have since switched back to normal mode, and have been using instant online crash analysis to try and decipher the mini dumps, but I don't know what i'm looking for/ at. I have spent around 5 plus hours...
  10. Sudden Booting Problem after BSOD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden Booting Problem after BSOD?: Hello, I had my laptop open (Dell XPS 9550) and wasn't using it. I noticed the screen changed so I looked over and it had a BSOD. Since that happened, I've been unable to boot it up. I've tried running chkdsk /f c:, but it now says "The type of the file system is RAW....