Windows 10: Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes

Discus and support Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day TenForums, As of late my PC has been suffering from BSOD and random freezes (where no BSOD) occurs but both seem to be happening very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Venom333, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Venom333 Win User

Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes

Good day TenForums,

As of late my PC has been suffering from BSOD and random freezes (where no BSOD) occurs but both seem to be happening very frequently lately.

My system is running on:
    Windows 10,
    Intel i5 4570
    Radeon 6950
    12Gig Ram.

I added the DM log file in the attachments.

Until then,
    Venom

:)

Venom333, Sep 29, 2016

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL random crashes and freezes

Yes, if no BSODs persist, no need to do anything.

Sometimes(3 out of 5), reinstalling the drivers does not remove the corrupt driver which can cause the crash again. That is why I recommend removing the existing driver completely do be sure of. However, if you have reinstalled it and it works OK, no further
    action is required until BSOD appears which hopefully should not be.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 29, 2016
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL random crashes and freezes

As per your minidump, the error is caused by bwcW10X64.sys which is a driver for network card. Do following -

Option 1: Update Network adapter driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Network Adapter

Right click on your network adapter

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 2: Update driver from manufacturer's website

Go to the website of the network adapter's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 3: Rollback the Driver

Windows Key+X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network Adapter

Click Properties

Go to Driver tab

If there is rollback option, click it

Reboot your computer

Option 4: Uninstall the Driver

Windows Key+X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network Adapter

Click Uninstall

Reboot your computer

E for Excel, Sep 29, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove either of your memory sticks, running mixed memory can cause various of problems that can be difficult to diagnose properly. Please know that it does not matter if your running this setup for a long period.
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0047h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0042h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 2048MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelB-DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 2 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1333MHz Manufacturer 0215 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number CM3X2G1333C9 [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0049h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0042h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelB-DIMM1 Bank Locator BANK 3 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1333MHz Manufacturer 0420 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number F3-10666CL7-4GBXH[/quote]

Thema:

1. Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes - Similar Threads - Suddenly BSOD Random

2. Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod: Hi, I have issues with my pc freezing, crashing and showing bsod. It doesnt matter what im doing playing video games, web browsing or doing something in adobe programs, etc.I tried reinstalling windows, deleting drivers, changing bios setting. Nothing helped.My system is:...
  3. Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely random crashes, freezes and bsod: Hi, I have issues with my pc freezing, crashing and showing bsod. It doesnt matter what im doing playing video games, web browsing or doing something in adobe programs, etc.I tried reinstalling windows, deleting drivers, changing bios setting. Nothing helped.My system is:...
  4. Random freezes/crashes/BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes/crashes/BSODs: I have been dealing with random freezes and crashes with the occasional BSOD. It will freeze most of the time when the displays turn off based on my power settings. It will also free here and there while using the PC and it has given me a BSOD once or twice. I will attach...
  5. Random freezes/crashes/BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes/crashes/BSODs: I have been dealing with random freezes and crashes with the occasional BSOD. It will freeze most of the time when the displays turn off based on my power settings. It will also free here and there while using the PC and it has given me a BSOD once or twice. I will attach...
  6. Random freezes/crashes/BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random crashes and freezes

Random crashes and freezes: hi, lately i've been experiences some crashes, when that happens my screen just fereezes and than the only thing i can do with it is just turn of the pc. I of course checked every the basics like cpu temperature etc and every is where it should be at. So i cheked the error...
  8. Windows freezes, random crashes, BSOD

Windows freezes, random crashes, BSOD: This is my current PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2Cw6Mp The RAMs were purchased 2 months ago (G.Skill Flare X 3200 MHz 2x8GB CL14 F4-3200C14D-16GFX), The Mobo was purchased 1 year ago, and the GPU and PSU were purchased on August 2017, along with Corsair LPX White 3200 MHz...
  9. Random and sudden crashes

Random and sudden crashes: Randomly my laptop crashes without any error message or anything it just freezes and doesn't come back when i restart it displays a 100% update screen for a while then opens back. Sometimes when loading something or playing a game its just random and its starting to get more...
  10. BSOD with multiple errors, random freezing and crashing

BSOD with multiple errors, random freezing and crashing: I've been having (and ignoring) these issues for a while, but they've started occurring more often lately and it's becoming a nuisance. The PC seems to crash randomly. If it crashes once, it's almost guaranteed it will crash again once or twice within the first few minutes...