Windows 10: Suddenly cannot connect to my phones portable wifi hotspot

Discus and support Suddenly cannot connect to my phones portable wifi hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a windows 10 laptop from HP and suddenly I am unable to connect to my phones portable hotspot. I do not have an internet connection and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShaunF2X, Nov 18, 2018.

1. ShaunF2X Win User

Suddenly cannot connect to my phones portable wifi hotspot

Hello,

I have a windows 10 laptop from HP and suddenly I am unable to connect to my phones portable hotspot. I do not have an internet connection and I have been using my phones data for the past year without any problems.

I checked and my friends are able to connect to my phones hotspot with ease.

I am sure the password I have entered was correct and I still am unable to connect to it. No updates were installed onto my phone nor my PC (that I am aware of).

I am, however, able to connect to my friends hotspot.

I have tried the following:-

1. Forgetting the network and attempting to reconnect.

2. Disabling the adapter and re enabling

3 .Installing updates from the HP support tool and installing the latest version of the WLAN driver.

4. Updating the same again from the HP website.

5. Uninstalling the driver manually from the Device Manager page and restarting and doing all of the above again.

6. A full network reset

Unfortunately, none of these have helped and I have no idea why this is happening.

If someone could help me, I would be so thankful as this is the only way I can connect to the internet on my laptop.

Thank you

:)

ShaunF2X, Nov 18, 2018

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Suddenly cannot connect to my phones portable wifi hotspot [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Nov 18, 2018
  3. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Suddenly cannot connect to my phones portable wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot connection issues

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: You may run the Network Adapter troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
    • Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
    • The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
    Once this is done, restart the PC and check the wifi hotspot connectivity.

Step 2: If the issue persists, then you may want to
    update the Network driver
    and check the status.

Step 3: You may also want to change the adapter settings.

• Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
    • Press ‘Windows key + I’ to open Settings and go to ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Scroll down the left pane and select ‘Mobile Hotspot’.
    • Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on ‘Change adapter options’.
    • Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to ‘Properties’.
    • Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Suddenly cannot connect to my phones portable wifi hotspot

1. Suddenly cannot connect to my phones portable wifi hotspot - Similar Threads - Suddenly cannot connect

2. Laptop suddenly can't connect to my phones hotspot.. Only that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop suddenly can't connect to my phones hotspot.. Only that: Pretty simple, i tried like everything i came across. The hotspot itself works fine with any other device and the laptop works fine with other wifi'sThe Hotspot most of the time does not even show up, but somehow, when my wifes hotspot is on, it sees mine and says its not...
  3. Laptop suddenly can't connect to my phones hotspot.. Only that

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop suddenly can't connect to my phones hotspot.. Only that: Pretty simple, i tried like everything i came across. The hotspot itself works fine with any other device and the laptop works fine with other wifi'sThe Hotspot most of the time does not even show up, but somehow, when my wifes hotspot is on, it sees mine and says its not...
  4. Laptop suddenly can't connect to my phones hotspot.. Only that

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...

Windows 10 mobile hotspot : After tethered to phone, suddenly my laptop cannot connected to...: As the title said, my company works with some strange rules that make my Pixel 3xl cannot connected to company wifi. So i use "mobile hotspot". It work flawlessly until last April; both phone and laptop can connect to the internet, problem solved. But now, once the tethering...
  6. Win 10 Hotspot - Cannot connect to it with my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Hotspot - Cannot connect to it with my phone: I have been using my Win10 hotspot constantly and all of a sudden I wasn't able to connect to it. It hotspot is switched on and It appears both in my phone and tv, but once I press on it to connect, it just tries to connect and immediately goes to the next available Wifi. I...
  7. Win 10 Hotspot - Cannot connect to it with my phone

Win 10 Hotspot - Cannot connect to it with my phone: I have been using my Win10 hotspot constantly and all of a sudden I wasn't able to connect to it. It hotspot is switched on and It appears both in my phone and tv, but once I press on it to connect, it just tries to connect and immediately goes to the next available Wifi. I...
  8. Win 10 Hotspot - Cannot connect to it with my phone

9. Cannot connect to mobile phone hotspot with WPA2

Cannot connect to mobile phone hotspot with WPA2: Hello, I got Asus Zenbook 14 with Windows 10 Home Edition 20H2. I cannot connect it to a secure hotspot made by any phone Android, Iphone. Got no problem with connecting to routers 2.4 or 5GHz with the same security WPA-2.I tried:Different phone devices, the same result -...
  10. Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot

Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot: Hi i am not able to connect my laptop to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot I was first able to connect to my wifi but all of a sudden it says no internet when I tried to connect phone to my wifi it says connected and i was able to use it. I tried restarting and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot connect to my phones hotspot

2. hp laptop susdenly wont connect to mobile hotspot

3. hotspot suddenly cant connect

4. suddenly cannot connect to wi-fi