Windows 10: suddenly cannot receive email with BT

Discus and support suddenly cannot receive email with BT in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi; I think that what I have is a BT problem but am coming here to see if my issues are recognised by anyone on this forum. I am a BT customer for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ALANGR, Dec 13, 2020.

1. ALANGR Win User

suddenly cannot receive email with BT

Hi; I think that what I have is a BT problem but am coming here to see if my issues are recognised by anyone on this forum.

I am a BT customer for broadband and email and all has been working well for several years. I use MS Outlook for email and POP not IMAP. Suddenly last week I could not receive email and had the message:

Task '[email protected] - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR Access denied'.

From the morning when all was working OK I had changed nothing. Receiving stopped then and now I still cannot receive emails. I can however compose and send emails in Outlook and can also use webmail OK.

I have checked the incoming and outgoing servers and port numbers to no effect (they are as specified) and also spoken with BT help, all to no avail ("if webmail is OK then.....").

I guess that it should not matter but I am coming in from Greece. So, in order to cover all bases, I am checking with my Greek ISP as well.

Does the problem sound familiar to anyone and are there any clues on how to move forward to a solution?

Thanks

winver: 2004 (OS build 19041.685

:)

ALANGR, Dec 13, 2020
  2. ALANGR Win User

Hi; I think that what I have is a BT problem but am coming here to see if my issues are recognised by anyone on this forum.

I am a BT customer for broadband and email and all has been working well for several years. I use MS Outlook for email and POP not IMAP. Suddenly last week I could not receive email and had the message:

Task 'my email address - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR Access denied'.

From the morning when all was working OK I had changed nothing. Receiving stopped then and now I still cannot receive emails. I can however compose and send emails in Outlook and can also use webmail OK.

I have checked the incoming and outgoing servers and port numbers to no effect (they are as specified) and also spoken with BT help, all to no avail ("if webmail is OK then.....").

I guess that it should not matter but I am coming in from Greece. So, in order to cover all bases, I am checking with my Greek ISP as well.

Does the problem sound familiar to anyone and are there any clues on how to move forward to a solution?

Thanks

winver: 2004 (OS build 19041.685

ALANGR, Dec 13, 2020
  3. ALANGR Win User

Thanks Denis; email now withdrawn.

Thanks also Samuria; look as though I get on to my Greek ISP as a first stop now. Then...maybe BT will offer other port numbers...

Alan

ALANGR, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Samuria Win User

Often you are allowed in because your ip is a bt one if its from another isp it often doesnt work plusnet is the same and thats part of bt

Samuria, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. suddenly cannot receive email with BT - Similar Threads - suddenly cannot receive

2. cannot receive emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot receive emails: cannot receive emails but can send ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-emails/e99370ff-2461-4545-82fc-7d518ca4c288
  3. cannot receive emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot receive emails: cannot receive emails but can send ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-emails/e99370ff-2461-4545-82fc-7d518ca4c288
  4. Cannot receive emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot receive emails: I cannot receive emails from my Outlook....some emails come through, but others do not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-emails/065dba14-6969-4acd-9a85-abfe99b9be0c
  5. cannot receive emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot receive emails: cannot receive emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-emails/dff9e13e-6608-444f-b0bf-ce80d51e1d1e
  6. Cannot receive emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot receive emails: All of a sudden, in the past few days I cannot open my emails on my PC although I can on my phone! I can access the email page and the 'loading' icon appears but never opens my new mail which incidentally is btmail. When I try to access sent mail a message appears 'no...
  7. Emails received from BT internet suddenly now disappear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emails received from BT internet suddenly now disappear.: Hello I had never this issue before until now. All emails coming from Btinternet have disappear in my inbox. please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-received-from-bt-internet-suddenly-now/25ae5a26-2e11-408b-921f-cca1387d3987
  8. Cannot receive emails

Cannot receive emails: Cannot receive email in my verizon email account. Lost the internet one day and everything was lost in my verizon email account and now cannot receive emails in my verizon email account....
  9. Cannot send or receive email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot send or receive email: I cannot access/use by Comcast email account. Outlook doesn't work either. icloud does not work. The 'Sync' function does not respond. I can connect to the internet (WiFi). Life was fine up to three days ago - I was typing a reply to an email, unintentionally hit a bunch of...
  10. cannot receive email

cannot receive email: cannot receive emails but can send them.when I send email to my address I get it bounced back with error message550.5.1.1 .Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-email/ef906d4e-e963-4546-8b15-519e880ebbfb