Windows 10: Suddenly can't access Exchange Server

Discus and support Suddenly can't access Exchange Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hoping someone may have an idea. My exchange server has been working fine for years and tonight suddenly it will not respond to anything. If i login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by veldthui, Apr 17, 2019.

1. veldthui Win User

Suddenly can't access Exchange Server

Hoping someone may have an idea.

My exchange server has been working fine for years and tonight suddenly it will not respond to anything. If i login locally the OWA works fine but remotely nothing.
    This to me is pointing at port 443 being blocked for some reason. Exchange and IIS are working fine otherwise I would not be able to login locally on the machine.
    I turned off the firewall and it did not help. Tried to turn off defender but almost impossible of server 2016.
    Setup is Exchange Server 2016 running on Server 2016 under ESXi on a big HP server.
    Port 443 is listening on the exchange server according to netstat.

My next thought is to restore from a backup two weeks ago and see what that does. I will lose some mail but it might start working again.
    Only latest things done was a Defender update and a couple of updates from MS two days ago. It was still working after that though.

:)

veldthui, Apr 17, 2019

2. Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016

Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...s-server-2016/

Cluster Head, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Can Cortana be directed to access my contacts on outlook exchange server?

Hello Yeoto,

Cortana can access your contacts which are in the People app. What we can do is to get those contacts from Exchange server exported, then import it to the People web app. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Export your Global Address List from your Outlook Exchange Server.
    • Log in to Outlook People using the Microsoft account connected to your device.
    • Import the .csv file to Outlook People by clicking Manage > Import Contacts.
    Use Cortana and check if you can now access contacts from Outlook Exchange Server.

Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Suddenly can't access Exchange Server

I have my corporate exchange server configured and working for calendar and mail, but it will not let me access my corp contacts

I have my corporate exchange server configured and working for calendar and mail, but it will not let me access my corp contacts. It is selected in the settings but does seem to by completing this task.

Any suggestions?

Benjamin Schroeder, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Suddenly can't access Exchange Server

1. Suddenly can't access Exchange Server - Similar Threads - Suddenly can't access

2. Can exchange 2013 server installed on a member server co-exist with exchange 2010 on sbs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can exchange 2013 server installed on a member server co-exist with exchange 2010 on sbs...: Hi all, This is my very first post, Kindly bare with me if I ended up with this post in a wrong group.I want to if exchange server 2013 just need a front end, no roles installed can co-exist with exchange server 2010 in a sbs 2011 domain?briefing:i have a sbs 2011 domain with...
  3. Exchange Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exchange Server: I'm a C# developer and I'm working on App for Exchange Server to backup and restore Mailboxes.My application was working good till last week. I ran the windows update then my app stopped working completely. I'm getting below the Error while retrieving mailboxes: Error: The...
  4. Exchange Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exchange Server: I'm a C# developer and I'm working on App for Exchange Server to backup and restore Mailboxes.My application was working good till last week. I ran the windows update then my app stopped working completely. I'm getting below the Error while retrieving mailboxes: Error: The...
  5. Signing out of the Exchange server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signing out of the Exchange server: Hello, Hopefully this is the right place to ask this; I think it is generic enough to work as a Windows question. I've been having an ongoing issue with my email being deleted from my personal computer. I know that, for whatever reason, Outlook will do this by default with...
  6. Exchange Server 2013 files

in Browsers and Email
    Exchange Server 2013 files: Need osttopst converter for Exchange Server 2013 files. Old converters do not work with new 2013 format. I want to convert new format .ost files in .pst files because Microsoft Domain controller is not available. 79030
  7. Crash on a server Exchange 2003

in Browsers and Email
    Crash on a server Exchange 2003: Hi guys! We had a crash on a server Exchange 2003. After that we made a copy of the mdbdata. Of course we reinstalled it. Now we're trying to mount the mailbox store (Priv1.edb 5 GB) but we receive this error: The database files in this storage is inconsistent. Next,...
  8. microsoft exchange server database

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft exchange server database: I have experience with MS Exchange Server 2013 for two years. But today I have seen - Corrupted header information, when I opened program. How did it happen? What to do? 54187
  9. BSOD Exchange Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Exchange Server: Got a BSOD on an Exchange server today, Windows 2008 R2. I was just looking around the exchange management console and the machine disconnected me, I went into VMWare, opened the console and it had BSOD on me. I managed to run the minidump file in windbg and get the...
  10. Suddenly - slow access to server folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly - slow access to server folders: Haven't seen this anywhere on these forums - yet - but I just have to get to the bottom of this - it's driving me nuts. Or more so, anyway.... About 45 days ago, I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) to the Windows 10 'replacement', which is Win10 Professional...