Windows 10: Suddenly cant open ISO files.

Discus and support Suddenly cant open ISO files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says. Over the past few weeks I have suddenly been unable to open iso files. When I try to mount one, my PC hangs for several minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FingerDemon, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Suddenly cant open ISO files.

As the title says. Over the past few weeks I have suddenly been unable to open iso files. When I try to mount one, my PC hangs for several minutes before coming up with the error saying "Sorry, unable to mount that file". I have tried everything I can online. The only thing that fixes it is if I restart the PC, in which I can open an ISO for a few minutes but soon after I won't again. Not even any third party ISO mounting software works.

When I open an ISO, my device manager also shows a new DVD/CD drive, and when I take a look at the properties of the drive it says

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory."

This is what it looks like - https://imgur.com/a/rH8k6NM

Please, can anyone help?

EDIT - Ok, another issue that may or not be related. All my start menu programs are in the appdata roaming folder, however, every recent software I have installed with start menu instead goes into a different folder, essentially creating to start menu program folders. What the hell have I done wrong here.

submitted by /u/FingerDemon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FingerDemon, Feb 22, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Feb 22, 2020
  4. timta2 Win User

Suddenly cant open ISO files.

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

ISO image - Wikipedia

timta2, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly cant open ISO files.

1. Suddenly cant open ISO files. - Similar Threads - Suddenly cant open

2. ISO files suddenly became 7-ZIP.iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ISO files suddenly became 7-ZIP.iso: I am trying to download some Linux Distros ISO files to run it in Hyper-V. It was going good but suddenly all my ISO files have become 7-Zip.iso. And all the ISO files before it have become Hard Disk Image File .vhdx. I didn't make any changes on my computer. Do you know how...
  3. ISO files suddenly became 7-ZIP.iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISO files suddenly became 7-ZIP.iso: I am trying to download some Linux Distros ISO files to run it in Hyper-V. It was going good but suddenly all my ISO files have become 7-Zip.iso. And all the ISO files before it have become Hard Disk Image File .vhdx. I didn't make any changes on my computer. Do you know how...
  4. how to open ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to open ISO file: I have downloaded a file in Window 11 now open THAT ISO folder can someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-iso-file/9b33e143-eb98-4d2c-966a-f7ab4975b08b
  5. how to open ISO file

how to open ISO file: I have downloaded a file in Window 11 now open THAT ISO folder can someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-iso-file/9b33e143-eb98-4d2c-966a-f7ab4975b08b
  6. Cannot open Iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Iso file: I downloaded an ISO file and now I am trying to access it.When I click on it the Windows explorer tab freezes. When I click around I get the sound prompt like I am supposed to click somewhere but I dont see any window pop up asking for anything.I tried mounting it but the...
  7. Cannot open Iso file

Cannot open Iso file: I downloaded an ISO file and now I am trying to access it.When I click on it the Windows explorer tab freezes. When I click around I get the sound prompt like I am supposed to click somewhere but I dont see any window pop up asking for anything.I tried mounting it but the...
  8. I cant delete a iso file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant delete a iso file: the file is 'kali-linux-2021.1-installer-i386.iso' my pc says its a virus and it is it takes 80% cpu usage and i cant stop it when i go into windows security it says i cant delete it I tried the mount and eject and it didnt work and i also did file assasin. please help and...
  9. Cant open file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open file: So i made a game with unity, i exported for pc standalone, i tried opening it, and it couldnt open. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-file/b5cd5df8-af12-4fed-bd79-680746d148c0
  10. Cant open file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open file: In Outlook I have located a OST file which I want to open. What app do I need or how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-file/6cbb1bac-cc8f-47a1-bd6f-4811a29cec2f