Windows 10: Suddenly computer only accepts 1 monitor

Discus and support Suddenly computer only accepts 1 monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I recently bought a new monitor(VSC XG2402) and now use my old monitor(BenQ GL2450H) as a secondary screen. I hooked it up, and all went as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdrianHHHHH, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Suddenly computer only accepts 1 monitor

Hello! I recently bought a new monitor(VSC XG2402) and now use my old monitor(BenQ GL2450H) as a secondary screen. I hooked it up, and all went as expected. However, when I next turned on my computer, only the main(the new one) monitor turned on, connected to the computer. I tried to turn the 2nd monitor(the old one) off then on, and to replug it, but both times it just came with the message "No HDMI signal detected!".

When I turn off then on the main monitor, the 2nd stays the same. If i unplug the main monitor, the 2nd decides to work as normal. Plugging the main one back in turns it on as normal, but the 2nd one goes black.

If you need more information im happy to comply

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I forgot to add that my computer recognises both monitors, here is a screenshot:

Suddenly computer only accepts 1 monitor 75c275db-54e5-4a8b-b208-a670cfc8c68c?upload=true.png

:)

AdrianHHHHH, Apr 9, 2019

2. using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 9, 2019
  3. 2nd Monitor suddenly not working

Hi Michael,

If you recently updated from one version of Windows to another, it's possible that the current driver is for the previous version of Windows. For us to troubleshoot your monitor issue, we suggest performing these steps:

• Run the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues related to
      using your device.
    • Update your monitor and display driver. To update a driver, refer to this
      link
      . If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Suddenly computer only accepts 1 monitor

BENQ GW2255 extrnal monitor suddenly not working

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us with the make and model of the computer.

I suggest you to manually add the display monitor by clicking Add device in
    Control panel and check if your second monitor is working.

If the issue still persist, press windows key +P and check if the option
    Duplicate is selected and check.

Follow the below methods and check if the issue still persist.

Methode 1:

• Right-click on Desktop and choose
      Display Settings.

• Scroll to the very bottom and click Advanced Display Settings.

• Click Identify to determine which monitor is the second monitor by process of elimination (if your real PC monitor is 1, then your second monitor must be 2).

• Click on the monitor icon at the top that is for your second monitor.

• In the Resolution drop-down box, select the recommended level.
    If this doesn’t help, please try the below method.

Methode 2:Update drivers in Windows 10

• Select the Start button, type
      Device Manager,
      then select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
    If these steps don’t work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Hope this could resolve your issue.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Suddenly computer only accepts 1 monitor

1. Suddenly computer only accepts 1 monitor - Similar Threads - Suddenly computer accepts

2. Only 1 of my three monitors works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 1 of my three monitors works.: I have a Dell latitude 7420 when I shut the lid only 1 of my three monitors works. I have already changed the setting for when I close the lid "do nothing". This didn't resolve my issue....
  3. Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor: Hi everyone, I have one problem with detecting 2 monitors. Currently, I use 2 monitors for my PC. When I turn off 2 monitors, then I use another PC with 2 monitors and control my PC by Teamviewer. My PC only detects 1 monitor, then I turn on 2 my monitors and I can use 2...
  4. Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windown 11 only detect 1 monitor: Hi everyone, I have one problem with detecting 2 monitors. Currently, I use 2 monitors for my PC. When I turn off 2 monitors, then I use another PC with 2 monitors and control my PC by Teamviewer. My PC only detects 1 monitor, then I turn on 2 my monitors and I can use 2...
  5. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1: My friend has windows 10 and her computer was working completely fine. However, it randomly shut down and now it only detects one of the plugged in monitors and duplicates one screen onto both of them....
  6. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1: My friend has windows 10 and her computer was working completely fine. However, it randomly shut down and now it only detects one of the plugged in monitors and duplicates one screen onto both of them....
  7. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Only 1 external monitor outputted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1 external monitor outputted: Hi, I have 2 external Dell monitors connected to my Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad T490. one monitor is connected by a HDMI cable, and the other connected by a mini USB HDMI adaptor. The monitor that is connected via the mini USB HDMI is always detected in preference to the other...
  9. Dual Monitor Problem, Post only to 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Problem, Post only to 1: When trying to install my dual monitors and set them up, my kitten walked across the keyboard and pressed the enter key and entered on the Post to only 1 which now only allows all information to show up on only 1 screen . Both screens are the same. I have tried every way...
  10. Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only: Hi, my mouse has just started having a shadow underneath it , it is only on one of my 3 monitors, i was trying to fix my bad text in the "adjust the appearance and performance of windows" tab. After this i noticed the mouse problem, i have been into the mouse advanced...