Windows 10: Suddenly Cortana disappeared, I dont' know where it was

Discus and support Suddenly Cortana disappeared, I dont' know where it was in Cortana to solve the problem; I don't see the windows search box (cortana) Suddenly Cortana disappeared, I dont' know where it was... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by WendyRutherford, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Suddenly Cortana disappeared, I dont' know where it was

I don't see the windows search box (cortana)

Suddenly Cortana disappeared, I dont' know where it was

:)

WendyRutherford, Nov 5, 2018
  2. wdrs Win User

Disappearing Cortana

I had Cortana and loved her, but she then disappeared and even after reinstalling the Windows Pro 10 preview she has not reappeared. I know that she was not originally in the UK, but I am now on build 9926 and was advised that Cortana was now available, but she has mysteriously vanished, and I cannot even enter text into the search field.
    Any suggestions?

wdrs, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Welcome to Ten Forums ChemicalRage Suddenly Cortana disappeared, I dont' know where it was :)

Does a new user account fix the problem? We can then identify if it's just the account or the whole computer feature of Cortana.

ellellell1, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Suddenly Cortana disappeared, I dont' know where it was

Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

ellellell1, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Suddenly Cortana disappeared, I dont' know where it was

1. Suddenly Cortana disappeared, I dont' know where it was - Similar Threads - Suddenly Cortana disappeared

2. where is smartctl.exe in computer files and what is it? i dont know is this a virus and how...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is smartctl.exe in computer files and what is it? i dont know is this a virus and how...: where is smartctl.exe in computer files and what is it? i dont know is this a virus and how its on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-smartctlexe-in-computer-files-and-what-is/336d5c3a-6f40-4262-8ed7-adc086243d40
  3. I dont know why but..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont know why but..: My pc has alot of problems BSoD, the bios wont boot, apps wont load. And then when I wait another day it works properly, no problem. Then another day passes it started facing problem again then another day passes its working fine. It just repeate and repeats...
  4. I dont know why but..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I dont know why but..: My pc has alot of problems BSoD, the bios wont boot, apps wont load. And then when I wait another day it works properly, no problem. Then another day passes it started facing problem again then another day passes its working fine. It just repeate and repeats...
  5. I dont know why but..

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Alot of options in my window dont work all of a sudden i dont know why.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alot of options in my window dont work all of a sudden i dont know why.: So my settings instant closes, my windows update will malfunction then revert back to normal, my mic and camera doesn't work because privacy settings randomly changed and I can't access it because my settings is not working, I also don't want to factory reset my pc because I...
  7. i dont know

in Windows 10 Customization
    i dont know: [ATTACH] i dont know hot to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know/5df547b3-fc09-4b93-adbe-bdd39bf5267f
  8. where is cortana?

in Cortana
    where is cortana?: I don't see cortana in the taskbar. Where is my cortana? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-cortana/16d3c752-46f1-4a20-a6f9-fc1036d9ef28"
  9. Cortana hears me but disappears all of a sudden

in Cortana
    Cortana hears me but disappears all of a sudden: After the last update in october I can say "hey Cortana" and she will pop up and display that she is listening, then she just terminates. I know she hears me because she is logging what i say on the microsoft site. I've tried reinstalling with the powershell command, I've...
  10. i dont know where to begin...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i dont know where to begin...: I need help with literally everything...no kidding,,new pc, wont hardly work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_other/i-dont-know-where-to-begin/ade63b4d-f825-412e-9b0b-c57cedc76a8d