Windows 10: Suddenly getting BSOD on my Windows 10 Pro system

Discus and support Suddenly getting BSOD on my Windows 10 Pro system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have been a long time user of Windows 10 and recently I got BSOD twice over the course of a week. Attaching the dump and the System Information file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VikramBasu89, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Suddenly getting BSOD on my Windows 10 Pro system

Have been a long time user of Windows 10 and recently I got BSOD twice over the course of a week.

Attaching the dump and the System Information file. Can someone please take a look and advise why my system has suddenly started Blue screening.

Dump and SysInfo

Regards

Vikram Basu

:)

VikramBasu89, Feb 25, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Suddenly - BSOD! x124, ntoskrnl.exe

I'm suddenly getting BSODs. I never see them happen, I always go to my computer and Windows oh so prolifically informs me of a crash. I don't know what triggers it, I'm not there... all I know is it likes to randomly crash. I do run BOINC full-time on the system so there's plenty of load on the CPU and whatnot, but I have before and never had issues until just lately.

(( One major pet peeve about Windows 8... previous versions would give you some info, now I get these *Frown Suddenly getting BSOD on my Windows 10 Pro system :(... ))

Bluescreenview tells me that it's the classic x124 code, and its caused by ntoskrnl.exe. At first I thought that it might be caused by my sound card, a Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro. The reason I thought this is because I never really had any BSOD before I put this card in, where before I used an Asus Xonar DG. I initially blamed Creative's drivers or something along those lines, but since it says the kernel is crashing, I'm thinking maybe Creative isn't at fault here with shoddy drivers. Is my OC suddenly unstable? One line of thought that suggests some form of hardware instability here is that the Asus Xonar DG was a PCI card, and the X-Fi I am using now is PCI-E x1. Maybe having my sound card on the PCI-E bus is stressing out the system more than it was before causing BSOD?

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Suddenly getting BSOD on my Windows 10 Pro system

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Suddenly getting BSOD on my Windows 10 Pro system

1. Suddenly getting BSOD on my Windows 10 Pro system - Similar Threads - Suddenly getting BSOD

2. Suddenly getting BSOD Unexpected_Store_Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly getting BSOD Unexpected_Store_Exception: For the past week or so I am receiving the BSOD any my computer freezes then restarts while playing games or even just sat in the lobby of games. The error code is almost always Unexpected Store Exception except once it was something about “Kernel” but only stayed on the...
  3. Suddenly getting BSOD Unexpected_Store_Exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly getting BSOD Unexpected_Store_Exception: For the past week or so I am receiving the BSOD any my computer freezes then restarts while playing games or even just sat in the lobby of games. The error code is almost always Unexpected Store Exception except once it was something about “Kernel” but only stayed on the...
  4. Windows 10 Suddenly BSOD

Windows 10 Suddenly BSOD: My new built PC was running stable for 3 months, but today BSOD suddenly happened. Need help for examining the MEMORY.DMP.Here's the dump fileCould any supporter help?Thank you....
  5. Windows 10 Suddenly BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Suddenly BSOD: My new built PC was running stable for 3 months, but today BSOD suddenly happened. Need help for examining the MEMORY.DMP.Here's the dump fileCould any supporter help?Thank you....
  6. Suddenly getting multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly getting multiple BSOD: Hello,I was working today and suddenly my computer was consistently crashing. I received numerous different error codes. I have all the minidump files linked. I opened the minidump files with WinDbg, to try and see the errors, but I'm not sure what I'm exactly looking at. I'm...
  7. Suddenly getting multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly getting multiple BSOD: Hello,I was working today and suddenly my computer was consistently crashing. I received numerous different error codes. I have all the minidump files linked. I opened the minidump files with WinDbg, to try and see the errors, but I'm not sure what I'm exactly looking at. I'm...
  8. Suddenly getting multiple BSOD

9. My windows 10 Pro suddenly deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows 10 Pro suddenly deactivated: Hello, I really need help with this. I bought my laptop a few months ago and they installed Windows 10 Pro on it. I had no issues until yesterday, when my Windows deactivated, and it is now showing an error. It says " We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't...
  10. Sudden system freezes. No BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden system freezes. No BSOD: Within a couple of hours after replacing my CPU cooler, my system froze on three separate occasions. No sound. No response from mouse or keyboard. Monitors kept showing a frozen image. On one of these occasions I waited a couple of minutes before resetting, but it stayed...