Windows 10: Suddenly getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error?

Discus and support Suddenly getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Am using Chrome on desktop via ethernet and now suddenly some sites display this error? Tested a problem site in Edge and same error appears? I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeddie, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Jeddie Win User

Suddenly getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error?

Am using Chrome on desktop via ethernet and now suddenly some sites display this error? Tested a problem site in Edge and same error appears?

I was using a VPN last night, but I have since disabled it.
    The sites in question were working fine last night?

I went into services.msc > DNS client, but the 'restart' was greyed out?

I have never seen this before? Why is it only some sites and not others?

Can someone help please?

:)

Jeddie, Jul 4, 2020
  2. som_esh Win User

dns_probe_finished_nxdomain

Hello Diana,

If you could not fix the issue, the steps I am mentioning will help you fix it. If you already fixed it, I hope it will help out other people who are facing similar error every day.

So the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is the DNS error faced by mostly Chrome users. You can fix it just by changing DNS server address in your active network connection.

1. Go to Network connection properties.

2. Select the option which is about IPv4 and then go to its properties.

3. Change DNS to 8.8.8.8 (preferred) and 8.8.4.4 (alternate).

It should be fixed now. If not, then I will suggest you try other solutions like Flush Cache, Reset Chrome etc. depending on your device whether it is Windows or Mac.

You can refer this article -
    How to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

som_esh, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Raj0987 Win User
    Error “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” when opening the links in Windows 10

I am sharing two more methods and it might help:

In the Windows command prompt type ipconfig / flushdns. This will clear DNS cache and then try.

One more thing restart the DNS client service from the service list.

you can also check this article for all the methods suggest one by one.

http://antivirusregistrycleaner.com/how-to-solve-error-dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Raj

Raj0987, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Suddenly getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error?

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Hi,

Good day. I`ve been having this issue for quite some time. I couldn't solve it. I even cleared cookies and histories. Nothing helps. I`m having this issue on most of the websites.

For an example:

This site can’t be reached

entrprnr.co’s server IP address could not be found.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

chinnarose, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error?

1. Suddenly getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error? - Similar Threads - Suddenly getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

2. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Every Hour. Issue with DNS Client Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Every Hour. Issue with DNS Client Service: I'm having a problem with the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN when browsing through the internet. Also, if I play online games, I keep having sync issues. Normally, I would just flush the DNS Cache using the CMD command ipconfig /flushdns, once in a while. This will fix the...
  3. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN browser errors after router factory reset

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN browser errors after router factory reset: I factory reset my router (and updated firmware to latest) in attempt to solve a monthly router freeze (Netgear R8000 router). At one point, I had DSL internet and switched to cable internet, and with DSL I changed some router settings specific to DSL (dialing/login). I had...
  4. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN: When I try to connect to some websites using Google Chrome browser it shows and error called " DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dnsprobefinishednxdomain/780632ad-b5cc-4c78-ad77-e2c1d1ec7fb1
  5. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN: How do I fix the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Windows 10 using Google Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dnsprobefinishednxdomain/38873d04-1238-4c9c-95c5-e2183cd53959
  6. Error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Chrome Browser for Microsoft Site

Error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Chrome Browser for Microsoft Site: Hello Microsoft, I need help some help today. I am trying to visit a page from microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 But I am getting error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Microsoft site. Is microsoft site down today? I do not want to...
  7. Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!: Okay so I have this problem with Google Chrome intermittently having page loading issues since the latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 5 days ago. I looked at this guide. How to fix 'ERR_TIMED_OUT' on Google Chrome I had the same problem with the...
  8. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on all browsers… but I can NSLOOKUP fine

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on all browsers… but I can NSLOOKUP fine: For a few days, I've been occasionally getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Chrome. The most recent issue is with accessing a Web page on fs.cibc.com. My DNS server is 192.168.1.1, my router, whose DNS servers are 8.8.8.8 (and 169.53.182.124; the secondary is irrelevant,...
  9. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN: Hi, Good day. I`ve been having this issue for quite some time. I couldn't solve it. I even cleared cookies and histories. Nothing helps. I`m having this issue on most of the websites. For an example: This site can’t be reached entrprnr.co’s server IP address could not...
  10. Suddenly getting this Script Error during Startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suddenly getting this Script Error during Startup: I just started getting this pop-up windows 3 to 4 of them one on top of each other during startup. It appears to have something to do with login authorization of some sorts. I have not deleted nor installed any apps or something but is this some sort of a virus or phishing...