Windows 10: Suddenly Getting Massive Amounts of Spam; Set to Exclusive

Discus and support Suddenly Getting Massive Amounts of Spam; Set to Exclusive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HI, I've searched this and found lots of old responses relating to general inbox maintenance, but my issue came on so acutely that I'm certain... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EricDyer, Jan 19, 2020.

1. EricDyer Win User

Suddenly Getting Massive Amounts of Spam; Set to Exclusive

HI, I've searched this and found lots of old responses relating to general inbox maintenance, but my issue came on so acutely that I'm certain something specific has happened. Starting about 48 hours ago, my Outlook email has begun getting absolutely inundated by spam. This is an email that I very rarely use for anything, and have set to only accept emails from people on my "safe senders" list. But not i'm getting well over 50 a day for the past couple/few days. I haven't used that email to sign up for anything in that time, so not sure what triggered this. I also don't know enough to understand how they get through when not on my safe list? It's a weird collection of spams too, no consistent theme at all, and many but not all come across as "no sender," whatever that means.

Any thoughts on what happened, and/or what i can to do stop them? As it is i think I need to shut that mailbox down, it's insane!

Thanks in advance

:)

EricDyer, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Spam Settings

A lot of my email that I want is going to Spam or Junk. Even for people that are in my contact list. Where can I change my settings?

FredRubin1, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Suddenly Getting Massive Amounts of Spam; Set to Exclusive

Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly Getting Massive Amounts of Spam; Set to Exclusive

1. Suddenly Getting Massive Amounts of Spam; Set to Exclusive - Similar Threads - Suddenly Getting Massive

2. Sudden massive data and program loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden massive data and program loss: I turned on my computer this morning and most of my programs and data on my hard drive are gone. Some data is still present. The hard drive troubleshooting program states it is working fine. I did receive an "Incorrect Function" message. I repaired and reset Cortana and the...
  3. Why is my work laptop uploading a massive amount of data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is my work laptop uploading a massive amount of data?: According to my router, my work laptop uploaded 680 GB of data last month and downloaded 41.8 GB. Much of this use occurred over nights and weekends when I was not working, but left my computer on for work network updates. I normally work M-F, 8-5.I looked at the Windows Data...
  4. dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram: [IMG] Just using Windows normally, then saw this process using a massive amount of ram. Previously it was just lower than 300mb at most times. Any help please? These are my specifications: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHzInstalled RAM: 20.0 GB...
  5. Huge amount of Spam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Huge amount of Spam: Just installed Windows 10 on PC Have active ESET on PC Suddenly my Outlook Inbox is flooded with Spam from all over. Even businesses abroad. How can I control this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-amount-of-spam/b6031a1e-98e2-488c-b0cc-b0d536f774af
  6. Massive amounts of C++ Visual Redistributable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Massive amounts of C++ Visual Redistributable: Hello, I have recently wanted to install a program to film cinematic shots in a video game. For this program to work I need to install these dependencies: .NET Framework 4.5.2 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 x64-version Problem is, when I try to install them...
  7. Lost massive amount of data in update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost massive amount of data in update: I lost a large number of documents and all of my bookmarks after my computer randomly updated and I really need help fixing this. I'm honestly panicing right now because of this. submitted by /u/BlackHeartMage [link] [comments]...
  8. Spam Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spam Settings: A lot of my email that I want is going to Spam or Junk. Even for people that are in my contact list. Where can I change my settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spam-settings/366733f9-ec45-4ff7-a687-ffe46c5d7afe
  9. 'Intel Technology Access - Service' suddenly using massive amounts of RAM - what's going on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Intel Technology Access - Service' suddenly using massive amounts of RAM - what's going on?: I had this happen to me twice not in the past 30 days. Out of nowhere Intel Technology Access - Service or more specific the Intel Online Connect Access starts using massive amounts of RAM making everything crash with an "out of memory" error. I was just watching a YouTube...
  10. Sudden massive CPU usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden massive CPU usage: I was fine until about 3 days ago, I was trying to root a Droid tablet that was bricked so I had to install something called Keis along with a cracking tool for Droid called Odin. The PDA files I needed were stashed on a Mega site, and it would not let me download them until...