Windows 10: Suddenly getting slow boot times Help me analyze WinBootInfo boot log

Discus and support Suddenly getting slow boot times Help me analyze WinBootInfo boot log in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 v1709 OS Build 16299.611 OS Drive: Samsung 960 Pro NVme M.2 1TB SSD (GPT) Fast Startup turned off in Windows Fast Boot on in Bios Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by willburstyle06, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Suddenly getting slow boot times Help me analyze WinBootInfo boot log

Windows 10 v1709 OS Build 16299.611
    OS Drive: Samsung 960 Pro NVme M.2 1TB SSD (GPT)
    Fast Startup turned off in Windows
    Fast Boot on in Bios
    Windows updates completed
    Have latest drivers installed for my Asus VIII Hero mobo
    Slow in both normal startup and Safe Mode
    Boot times before were fast 18-20s range now consistently in the 42-49s range

I ran WinBootInfo to see what is going on during the boot process and included both a screenshot and a txt log of the results it found in this post.

Suddenly getting slow boot times Help me analyze WinBootInfo boot log [​IMG]

Attachment 205138Attachment 205138

:)

willburstyle06, Sep 22, 2018
  2. VBX
    vbx Win User

Computer having slow boot time suddenly

Try this: It has the option for "boot-time" defrag.

http://www.puransoftware.com/Puran-Defrag.html

It worked for me after I cloned my HD, it was slow to boot. But I had to not only do the boot-defrag, but also the other options they had available.

I did the normal defrag 1st with PIZOR enabled. Then I ran Boot-Time defrag. (requires a restart).

3. Boot suddenly slows down

I installed Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago, and have become used to extremely fast boot times, since I switched to an SSD hard drive at the same time.

Since yesterday, however, my boot time has gone up to almost a minute. At the same time I had problems where trying to open my Dropbox folder suddenly crashed Explorer. I fixed the Dropbox crash by running chkdsk from the command prompt and doing a repair,
    but the slowed-down boot remains.

Any solution to get my fast boot time back?

BerniceMills, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Suddenly getting slow boot times Help me analyze WinBootInfo boot log

Help! Insanely Slow Boot Time!

Hi all,

So I have been having problems with my pc booting from day 1 when I bought it from CyberPowerPC. I have all my drivers installed and Windows 7 running on a 128GB SSD and a 2TB drive for storage. It can take up to 5-10 minutes for my pc to boot, it will get stuck at certain points during booting and I will have to hard boot my pc and switch off the psu and start again. Sometimes it will take just a minute for it to boot, though from my understanding it should be under 10 seconds from an SSD. I am thinking it is a problem with my mobo, please help!

(My full specs are listed under my name on the left hand side)

The_Edster, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Suddenly getting slow boot times Help me analyze WinBootInfo boot log

1. Suddenly getting slow boot times Help me analyze WinBootInfo boot log - Similar Threads - Suddenly getting slow

2. Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10: Hi,I read in many articles about the benefits of DISABLING the "Fast-Startup" feature in Windows 10 , so I tried it once.As expected the startup slowed down a lot......... I was not pleased with the slow boot timings so after two days, I ENABLED it back again........... but...
  3. Suddenly slow boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly slow boot time: Hi everyone, first post noob here.I removed Ubuntu from my laptop about a month ago. All traces are gone from BIOS.It used to take 10 seconds from pressing the power button to the login screen before dual boot, and with dual boot, but now it takes over a minute. My BIOS start...
  4. Slow boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot time: Recently everytime I have booted up my asus laptop, the normal asus screen comes up and then the screen goes black as it should then it stays black for some time and if you move your mouse the cursor appears on the black screen and after some time the cursor icon turns to...
  5. Slow boot time

Slow boot time: submitted by /u/Verix- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iid2sx/slow_boot_time/
  6. Help Slow boot!!

Help Slow boot!!: I have a Samsung 860 evo 500 gb. It usually boots windows in about 15 seconds. However out of no where it started taking me to a black loading screen that takes about a minute to get through before it finally finishes booting. The slow boot time happened all at once not...
  7. Please can you help me with Slow Boot Time?

Please can you help me with Slow Boot Time?: Hello all, I've been having some very slow boot up time, several minutes on spinning circles before login screen. I know that Windows 10 is the culprit cos this seemed to get worse with every update. I remember one time after a Windows feature update, the problem went away...
  8. Slow Windows 10 boot, need help analyzing Windows Performance Analyzer file

Slow Windows 10 boot, need help analyzing Windows Performance Analyzer file: After BIOS Post, the screen sits at the Windows Logo spinning for about 80-90 seconds before then moving to the login screen. This is after either a cold boot or restart. In the ETL, I am not seeing a long Pre Session boot, Session Initialize, Winlogon, or ExplorerInit. My OS...
  9. Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer

Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer: My win10 has a long boot time -approx. 1 minute till boot main path ends. I am trying to figure out what causes this long boot delay. I also use Acronis boot manager. This is a pre boot sequence which happens before windows boot starts. The recording I refer to happened after...
  10. Slow Boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot time: Downloaded BootRacer as my Boot time was extremely slow. Over the past few days the Boot times have changed from around 49.578 secs to 329.593 secs despite cleaning C drive of Temp files, Disk cleaning, emptied recycle bin. Every time I try to make PC run faster, it has...