Windows 10: Suddenly HOVERING is causing automatic actions in various apps

Discus and support Suddenly HOVERING is causing automatic actions in various apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't think of anything I've changed to my system except for the recent cumulative update. All of a sudden if I hover over certain apps... umm...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Suddenly HOVERING is causing automatic actions in various apps

I can't think of anything I've changed to my system except for the recent cumulative update. All of a sudden if I hover over certain apps... umm... things happen.

In VLC the volume automatically rises to 200%. If I hover over the video's timeline it begins advancing through the video.

If I'm in Firefox or Chrome and I hover over YouTube's audio levels it automatically lowers the volume without me clicking.

If I'm in system settings (as you might imagine I would be) and I scroll down a page, it scrolls back up by itself.

YouTube

Is this some sort of Ease of Access feature that got turned on?

:)

The Pool Man, Oct 26, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Oct 26, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Suddenly HOVERING is causing automatic actions in various apps

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Suddenly HOVERING is causing automatic actions in various apps

1. Suddenly HOVERING is causing automatic actions in various apps - Similar Threads - Suddenly HOVERING causing

2. Various BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hello everyone! More than a year ago I ran into an issue when my PC started to BSOD randomly, but unfortunately I had no opportunity to begin to resolve the issue. Now I have one and turns out it is way more complex than I thought.Errors codes:1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL2....
  3. Various Errors causes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various Errors causes BSOD: I get BSOD from time to time. Tried reinstalling Windows one time but still the same.The latest one is Event 1001, BugCheck.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041790, 0xfffff180037a43c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000001....
  4. Various Errors causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various Errors causes BSOD: I get BSOD from time to time. Tried reinstalling Windows one time but still the same.The latest one is Event 1001, BugCheck.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041790, 0xfffff180037a43c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000001....
  5. Various Errors causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Strange colour highlights when hovering in various programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange colour highlights when hovering in various programs: My desktop has started producing intermittent coloured highlights on screen, often, but not always, where the cursor has hovered. As well as that, text sometimes disappears, only reappearing after I've moved the cursour. It happens on Firefox, Chrome, Slack more than other...
  7. Strange colour highlights when hovering in various programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange colour highlights when hovering in various programs: My desktop has started producing intermittent coloured highlights on screen, often, but not always, where the cursor has hovered. As well as that, text sometimes disappears, only reappearing after I've moved the cursour. It happens on Firefox, Chrome, Slack more than other...
  8. Strange colour highlights when hovering in various programs

9. Suddenly various Blue Screens

Suddenly various Blue Screens: For the last few days I've been getting different blue screens about 1-3 times a day. Since all my efforts have failed so far, I would be very happy if someone can help me with this very annoying problem. I don't have much idea in this area, but I have read that the Dump...
  10. Cannot hover on, open, or install various files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot hover on, open, or install various files: There are multiple related issues here. This is what I can't do on my PC with Windows 10 (Operating nicely for about a year); 1. Select a file by opening the Start tab 2. Right click on a pinned program to select a 'recent file' 3. Select a file when opening the...