Windows 10: Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard

Discus and support Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I have tried to search and follow the steps by opening gpedit but an error have popup. [ATTACH] Fyi, I have already logged in as an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Farisdin, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Farisdin Win User

Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard

Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard ed16b054-5992-4862-a07c-7ac46d1370b7?upload=true.png I have tried to search and follow the steps by opening gpedit but an error have popup.

Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard fe144c07-380c-4dfd-b34d-9d1c0ced2756?upload=true.png

Fyi, I have already logged in as an administrator.

I even try to open secpol.msc and the same error popup.

Please help.

:)

Farisdin, Jan 24, 2020

2. Keyboard suddenly stops working for SOME open programs but not all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could be due to corrupted drivers of keyboard/USB.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for keyboard and USB and check if it helps.

Method 1 : Run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the instruction.
    Method 2:

Please try to un-install and install latest Keyboard and USB driver and check if it helps

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, tap or click
      Uninstall,
    Download the latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Help me choose an mATX AM2 board

I wasn't really asking for new suggestions. Would like input on the boards I listed.

GJSNeptune, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard

Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard

1. Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard - Similar Threads - Suddenly open board

2. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  3. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  4. My keyboard is not working suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is not working suddenly: I have gone to the device manager settings, tried to update the drive but nothing happened. Please tell me what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-suddenly/6eaeac4e-9a2b-4c5b-8bc8-b4c6b034eb6e
  5. My keyboard is not working suddenly

My keyboard is not working suddenly: I have gone to the device manager settings, tried to update the drive but nothing happened. Please tell me what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-suddenly/6eaeac4e-9a2b-4c5b-8bc8-b4c6b034eb6e
  6. My keyboard is not working suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard shortcuts not working in Microsoft white board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts not working in Microsoft white board: I am pressing the hot keys in Microsoft white board, but they are not working.I have uninstalled and reinstalled white board , also restarted my computer , but keyboard shortcuts are not workingEven if I select eraser with Alt + X +1 , all i get is a black pen, same for pen 2...
  8. In Microsoft Whiteboard, one of my boards, won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Microsoft Whiteboard, one of my boards, won't open.: Hi!In Microsoft Whiteboard, one of my boards, the most important one, won't open. I really hope we can find a way to recover it, even just as an exported file. I have tried the tech support, I've chatted with a couple of operators there, that told me to write the issue here,...
  9. In Microsoft Whiteboard, one of my boards, won't open.

In Microsoft Whiteboard, one of my boards, won't open.: Hi!In Microsoft Whiteboard, one of my boards, the most important one, won't open. I really hope we can find a way to recover it, even just as an exported file. I have tried the tech support, I've chatted with a couple of operators there, that told me to write the issue here,...
  10. Why key board layout switched suddenly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why key board layout switched suddenly?: Grrr just had a go with gmail re locked thread.... I wanted to reply to a solution re quotation marks swapped with the "@" .... I found the thread in this forum but as stated it is locked! So I need to use a new question! Some of the solutions were quite daunting for the...