Windows 10: Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard

Discus and support Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I have tried to search and follow the steps by opening gpedit but an error have popup. [ATTACH] Fyi, I have already logged in as an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Farisdin, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Farisdin Win User

Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard

Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard ed16b054-5992-4862-a07c-7ac46d1370b7?upload=true.png I have tried to search and follow the steps by opening gpedit but an error have popup.

Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard fe144c07-380c-4dfd-b34d-9d1c0ced2756?upload=true.png

Fyi, I have already logged in as an administrator.

I even try to open secpol.msc and the same error popup.

Please help.

:)

Farisdin, Jan 24, 2020

2. Keyboard suddenly stops working for SOME open programs but not all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could be due to corrupted drivers of keyboard/USB.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for keyboard and USB and check if it helps.

Method 1 : Run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the instruction.
    Method 2:

Please try to un-install and install latest Keyboard and USB driver and check if it helps

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then double-tap or double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, tap or click
      Uninstall,
    Download the latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Help me choose an mATX AM2 board

I wasn't really asking for new suggestions. Would like input on the boards I listed.

GJSNeptune, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard

Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard

1. Suddenly I could not open my on board keyboard - Similar Threads - Suddenly open board

2. stdole2.tlb could not be opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stdole2.tlb could not be opened: trying to install a program on a WIN10 laptop. I immediately get this error "The file C:\Windows\System32\stdole2.tlb could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination directory" I am administrator to this machine....
  3. opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again: opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opened-my-microsoft-word-document-then-it-stopped/92c51b4b-4648-4136-a06e-d21a00f63a80"
  4. I have Windows 10, my email all of a sudden won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have Windows 10, my email all of a sudden won't open: Hi there I have a Windows 10 Asus X540S laptop. I have been using my email all day, now all of a sudden the emails won't open. Can you help me with this. I use this for my business. Thanks in advance Debbie Julnes *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. store could not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    store could not open: why are could not open the my store application i want resign https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-could-not-open/af49cbc4-7f71-4764-af7e-d8ddf337b0a4
  6. Emails... ALL OF THE SUDDEN i can't paste email address from my clip board to: BCC, CC...

Emails... ALL OF THE SUDDEN i can't paste email address from my clip board to: BCC, CC...: Things have been working well since last Thursday. Emails... ALL OF THE SUDDEN I can't paste a list of email address from my clip board on to: BCC, CC or TO? ugh!...
  7. Registry - Could not open key

Registry - Could not open key: I'm trying to install Autocad and part way through I get a message saying it could not open a Key. I've googled the issue and believe i need to change permissions in registry which i tried to do as shown below but without success. Am i adopting the correct approach and what...
  8. Keyboard suddenly changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard suddenly changed: While I was working on my PC on a Belgian keyboard setting with ! on the 8 key, my keyboard suddenly changed to a French keyboard. I have tried to put it back multiple times, using both Belgian period and comma keyboard settings but neither of them are actually putting it...
  9. my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my wifi suddenly auto connect to open wifi: hello, i have laptop hp elitebook 840 g2, with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 card embedded (driver ver . 18.33.12.2) my OS is Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803 build 17134.228 since last month, when i activated my wifi, it suddenly on-off and always try to connect to open...
  10. Suddenly I cannot open Mail software.

Suddenly I cannot open Mail software.: Every time I try to open Windows Mail it crashes and I cannot open it. I already tried this and I still can´t open Mail. How to uninstall the Mail app on Windows 10 Open the Start menu. Search for Windows PowerShell, right-click the result and select Run as...