Windows 10: Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

Discus and support Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I press START BUTTON and then SPACE, I see this picture.Please make it go away.Normally, I wouldnt care. But now, it flashes very briefly for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bigpete14, May 25, 2022.

1. bigpete14 Win User

Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

When I press START BUTTON and then SPACE, I see this picture.Please make it go away.Normally, I wouldnt care. But now, it flashes very briefly for EVERY Start Button search.Please help.

:)

bigpete14, May 25, 2022

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to... a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, May 25, 2022
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to... 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, May 25, 2022
  4. Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

Web search result on Start menu.

Hi Franklin,

There may be some corrupted files that are possibly causing your Cortana
    not to display web results when searching. To isolate such issue and provide effective troubleshooting steps, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Were there any updates installed on your computer recently?
    • Does this happen on other user profiles?

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

1. Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to... - Similar Threads - Suddenly flash web

2. Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...: When I press START BUTTON and then SPACE, I see this picture.Please make it go away.Normally, I wouldnt care. But now, it flashes very briefly for EVERY Start Button search.Please help....
  3. Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...: When I press START BUTTON and then SPACE, I see this picture.Please make it go away.Normally, I wouldnt care. But now, it flashes very briefly for EVERY Start Button search.Please help....
  4. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

How can I disable web results from the start menu search?: The update from last night added web results to my start menu search. I do not want web results in my start menu searches. If I want to search the web, I will open Chrome or Firefox and google it.I already looked in search settings, but nothing allows me to disable web...
  5. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable web results from the start menu search?: The update from last night added web results to my start menu search. I do not want web results in my start menu searches. If I want to search the web, I will open Chrome or Firefox and google it.I already looked in search settings, but nothing allows me to disable web...
  6. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. "See Web Results" in Windows search not working

"See Web Results" in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  8. Disabling "See web results" from search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling "See web results" from search: Hi. I've tried multiple tutorials on the internet, and nothing removes the "see web results" in 1903. It's really irritating that Edge opens when I mistype something and press enter. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/ApertureNext [link] [comments]...
  9. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search

in Cortana
    Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search: Hi; on some Windows 10 installations (and indeed, even on my other user account), I get web search results when I press the Start key on my keyboard and then type into the search box. For example, "32 F in C" will yield 0° C. This isn't happening on one of my accounts. As...
  10. How do I fix start menu search for web results?

How do I fix start menu search for web results?: Whenever I hit the start button, and type something in to search the web. I get this pop up "you'll need a new app to open this ms-appx-web". This started after the April Windows 10 update, how do I fix this so I can make web searches from just the start menu?...