Windows 10: Suddenly Merge does not show up and it copies and takes a long time

Discus and support Suddenly Merge does not show up and it copies and takes a long time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 20H2 Im trying to get organized. I have folders that I would like to merge and so normally windows will say "Destination folder has the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, Jul 1, 2021.

1. DonMurray Win User

Suddenly Merge does not show up and it copies and takes a long time

Windows 10 20H2 Im trying to get organized. I have folders that I would like to merge and so normally windows will say "Destination folder has the same name would you like to merge it" But now suddenly it is wanting to overwrite everything and it wont give me that message. I do not want to overwrite anything I only want files that are not on the destination. Why is windows skipping this option to ask me if I want to skip files that already exist ? I only want to copy files that do not exist on the source to the destination I do not want to overwrite any files. Surely I can tell windows to do this without messing with a dos prompt and dealing with long directory paths. It seams I can not even tell sync back to only copy new files. OK fine I will use the command prompt and look for an xcopy option hopefully we know why windows is doing this and I can still tell it to give me the option to merge and skip existing files.

:)

DonMurray, Jul 1, 2021
  2. Jason Win User

WIndows 10, copy/merge folder dialog option backwards?

Steps to Reproduce

• Set Windows Explorer Options to "Hide folder merge conflicts" unchecked
    • Create a folder called folderA
    • Create a folder called folderB
    • Copy folderA to folderB
    • Move folderA to folderB

Actual

• Nothing happens

Now try this:

• Set Windows Explorer Options to "Hide folder merge conflicts" checked
    • Create a folder called folderA
    • Create a folder called folderB
    • Copy folderA to folderB
    • Move folderA to folderB

Actual

• The merge dialog appears

QUESTIONS:

• Shouldn't setting "Hide folder merge conflicts" to be unchecked mean that the dialog should appear, rather than the opposite?
    • If there is a merge conflict, is is normal for it to fail silently?

Jason, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Cliff S Win User
    How to get the Taskbar to show the long form of the time & date?

Is this what you're looking for?

At step 5 copy & past the long version into the short version's box.

Suddenly Merge does not show up and it copies and takes a long time [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 1, 2021
  4. D_o_S Win User

Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Suddenly Merge does not show up and it copies and takes a long time - Similar Threads - Suddenly Merge does

2. File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load: I'm running Windows 10 OS Build 190441.867 which is the latest update. In the past 24 hours I've had to restart my PC twice because when File Explorer started up it would just show a progress bar at the top and no files. This went on for several minutes as though it was...
  3. sometimes file copy takes long time

in Windows 10 Support
    sometimes file copy takes long time: on my dad 7 year old laptop, some time copying a small word/pdf file of 4-5 pages takes one minute or more to copy from one folder to another this is random problem 175714
  4. Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder: Usually, when I would put a file or something from a folder to the desktop it would show up within a second, but now when moving any file it takes ~30 seconds for the changes to be shown on the desktop and in the folder. Do you know what causes this and how I can fix it or...
  5. Suddenly programs take long time to startup on system SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly programs take long time to startup on system SSD: Hi, Since I installed my SSD 3 years ago, everything worked fine and smooth, but few days ago, my programs which are installed on SSD for example: Opera, Chrome, foobar2000, Firefox, Microsoft Edge started to load for longer than usual. Normally foobar2000 would startup...
  6. My computer takes a long time to load up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer takes a long time to load up: Since the update for the stupid Microsoft Edge my computer now takes ages to load up when it used to be instant before. What happens now is that my computer will stay on the start up screen for absolutely ages then turn off and I have to manualy turn it on again at which...
  7. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  8. win.10 taking long time to boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    win.10 taking long time to boot up: For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit - kasperskyTotal....
  9. cclean taking long time for analyze to show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cclean taking long time for analyze to show up: for the past three months cclean has taken a long time for analyze to show up bright blue when first installed it took only seconds have been using it and updating it for two years. all info greatly appreciated DME 80297
  10. Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up: Hello everyone, I have a strange problem where my PC would idle and take a long time for the Contextual Menu to show up when I Right Click on a blank space on the Desktop. It literally take about 10 - 15 seconds for the Menu to show up. After that it is fast again. Then...