Windows 10: Suddenly more and then less drive space

Discus and support Suddenly more and then less drive space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,About 1-2 days ago I noticed that on my D: so not C: where windows is on the space went from ~64 gb to 91 Gb. Now today it went from 91 Gb to 72... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GewoonIk1, Aug 5, 2021.

1. GewoonIk1 Win User

Suddenly more and then less drive space

Hello,About 1-2 days ago I noticed that on my D: so not C: where windows is on the space went from ~64 gb to 91 Gb. Now today it went from 91 Gb to 72 Gb and now at the time of writing back up to 88 Gb. I have not used any cleaner apps or off what I am aware uninstalled things. I have looked through some files if I saw something missing, but nothing really stood out and images etc I had saved were still there.I dont know is someone of you is familiar with Steam, but is it possible that some programms have temporary files which make this happen? I am now mainly scared I am going to lose my fi

:)

GewoonIk1, Aug 5, 2021

2. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CSuddenly more and then less drive space :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Suddenly more and then less drive space

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Suddenly more and then less drive space

1. Suddenly more and then less drive space - Similar Threads - Suddenly more less

2. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive: Hi,I was editing a video when i suddenly noticed that my hard drive's storage went from ~350Gb to 465Gb. I have restarted my PC but its still here, so I'm curious on why this happened. It is not a bad thing at all, I literally wanted to buy a new one as I was running out of...
  3. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive: Hi,I was editing a video when i suddenly noticed that my hard drive's storage went from ~350Gb to 465Gb. I have restarted my PC but its still here, so I'm curious on why this happened. It is not a bad thing at all, I literally wanted to buy a new one as I was running out of...
  4. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need more space on the C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need more space on the C: drive: I have allot of free disk space on my D: drive but none on my C: drive. I cannot extend the C: volume. How can I free up disk space? I moved all that I could to the D: drive already. I have a HP Windows 10 system....
  6. Need more space on the C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need more space on the C: drive: I have allot of free disk space on my D: drive but none on my C: drive. I cannot extend the C: volume. How can I free up disk space? I moved all that I could to the D: drive already. I have a HP Windows 10 system....
  7. Pc suddenly have more hdd space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc suddenly have more hdd space: Soo yesterday i had 695gb out off 918gb free. And this morning i booted up my pc and now i have 756gb free space, is this normal? submitted by /u/GiveNoFuck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m50z6u/pc_suddenly_have_more_hdd_space/
  8. The more I delete the less space I have

The more I delete the less space I have: How do I get more space on my C drive? I've done disk clean ups, cache, and cleaned out temporary files. But im just getting less and less space. submitted by /u/neroniko [link] [comments]...
  9. C Drive suddenly has no space

C Drive suddenly has no space: So here's some backstory: Around a week ago, I checked the amount of space my C drive (windows) had, and it had around 46 GB. Also, during this time, the number of GB it had was constantly changing, even if I haven't downloaded or updated anything at all. But the changes...
  10. more space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    more space: how do i get more space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-space/2594cde7-bcdb-405e-8a1d-3a48fcf88829