Windows 10: Suddenly my desktop background started using Onedrive as its source for my slideshow...

Discus and support Suddenly my desktop background started using Onedrive as its source for my slideshow... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to completely unhitch from Onedrive and I want my background slideshow to come from my local files on my PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marc1611, May 25, 2024.

1. Marc1611 Win User

Suddenly my desktop background started using Onedrive as its source for my slideshow...

I want to completely unhitch from Onedrive and I want my background slideshow to come from my local files on my PC.

:)

Marc1611, May 25, 2024

2. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 25, 2024
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 25, 2024
  4. Suddenly my desktop background started using Onedrive as its source for my slideshow...

Windows 10 Background Slideshow not working

I am using a desktop computer and myy desktop background slideshow does not work. I am having the exact same problem as this person: Redirecting where
    if I click 'next background' nothing happens, but if I open settings then it suddenly changes. It remains stuck on that background until I close settings and reopen them again.

I have checked the windows power settings as suggested in this thread, and the slideshow option is set to "available". One of the other fixes suggested in the thread was to save the current theme as the desktop backgrounds theme, and this didn't solve my
    problem either. I also tried refreshing the desktop, which does nothing either.

AlexjaMarshall, May 25, 2024
Thema:

Suddenly my desktop background started using Onedrive as its source for my slideshow...

1. Suddenly my desktop background started using Onedrive as its source for my slideshow... - Similar Threads - Suddenly desktop background

2. Slideshow desktop background not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow desktop background not working: In my laptop slideshow background option in personalize your background section is not working the wallpaper is shown to be changed in settings but not in desktop. I downloaded a third party app called translucent tb from store to make the task bar invisible. looks cool...
  3. Slideshow desktop background not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slideshow desktop background not working: In my laptop slideshow background option in personalize your background section is not working the wallpaper is shown to be changed in settings but not in desktop. I downloaded a third party app called translucent tb from store to make the task bar invisible. looks cool...
  4. Suddenly my desktop background started using Onedrive as its source for my slideshow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly my desktop background started using Onedrive as its source for my slideshow...: I want to completely unhitch from Onedrive and I want my background slideshow to come from my local files on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-desktop-background-started-using/d02791a4-c8f3-41b4-b677-5fe73272af15
  5. My Background Slideshow is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Background Slideshow is not working: I have tried everything that was suggested. My settings were already set to what was suggested. I even tried to save my Theme for sharing. It only let me save it as a .deskthemepack. I didn't have any other options.I do notice that as soon as I right click on the screen and...
  6. My Background Slideshow is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Background Slideshow is not working: I have tried everything that was suggested. My settings were already set to what was suggested. I even tried to save my Theme for sharing. It only let me save it as a .deskthemepack. I didn't have any other options.I do notice that as soon as I right click on the screen and...
  7. My Background Slideshow is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  9. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation: Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8. Steve 7683