Windows 10: Suddenly no microphone input.

Discus and support Suddenly no microphone input. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So a while back I gave a friend of mine an old Turtle Beach headset I had so he had a mic to talk with when he plays with us. It was designed for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AdmiralSpeedy, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Suddenly no microphone input.

So a while back I gave a friend of mine an old Turtle Beach headset I had so he had a mic to talk with when he plays with us. It was designed for the Xbox 360 but I had a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable that I gave him and worked fine for like a month.

Randomly one day a couple weeks ago it stopped working. He brought it to me and I tested it and it worked fine on my PC. We uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers, checked to make sure microphone permissions were enabled and he even installed an old soundcard he had that still works fine and it doesn't work with mic input on that either.

There is simply no sound shown on the monitoring bar in audio settings at all but it does detect a device as connected. If I plug it into my PC, it works fine.

I did notice he got upgraded to 2004 right before all this happened so he reinstalled Windows last night and is going to test the mic again tonight to see if it was something broken by the update, but if not I am at a total loss for what it could be.

I thought it was a hardware issue (it's a fairly old PC with a cheap Gigabyte board and an i7 3770) but as I've said, the mic absolutely works on my PC, audio output works fine on his built in audio device and the sound card he installed, but no matter which mic input he connects to (front, on mobo, or on sound card) he gets no input.

submitted by /u/AdmiralSpeedy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AdmiralSpeedy, Jul 28, 2020

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Jul 28, 2020
  3. zvainzHD Win User
    All usb microphone inputs not working

So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's in device manager... Can some help?

zvainzHD, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Suddenly no microphone input.

Static microphone recoding doesn't accept any input - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the problematic Acer laptop?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

If the mic input on the PC is mono, plugging it into the
    Line In input of the sound card and selecting Line In as the
    Default Device, should resolve the issue.

Note: Make sure the Line In device is not muted in
    Levels.

If it is distortion, lowering the microphone level and raising the master volume of the computer will fix the issue.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Fix microphone problems and check if it works.

If the issue persists, update the BIOS, as this could also happen due to outdated BIOS. I recommend you to get in touch with the Acer support and get the latest version of BIOS installed.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from
    the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly no microphone input.

1. Suddenly no microphone input. - Similar Threads - Suddenly microphone input

2. Windows is suddenly not receiving input from XLR microphone!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is suddenly not receiving input from XLR microphone!: I'm currently on Windows 11 and i have an MXL 990 XLR microphone that is run through an M-Audio M-Track Solo interface which is connected to my PC through a USB cable. The input indicator light on the physical interface itself is lighting up, however Windows is not receiving...
  3. Windows is suddenly not receiving input from XLR microphone!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is suddenly not receiving input from XLR microphone!: I'm currently on Windows 11 and i have an MXL 990 XLR microphone that is run through an M-Audio M-Track Solo interface which is connected to my PC through a USB cable. The input indicator light on the physical interface itself is lighting up, however Windows is not receiving...
  4. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  5. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Customization
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  6. No microphone input

7. Multiple Microphone Inputs

Multiple Microphone Inputs: Why in Team Speak does my headset microphone not work?Well the answer is simple:Don't install Windows 11 as it prevents multiple microphone inputs because my Kingston HyperX Fury Sound Cloud 2 Wired Headset Microphone does not work with Team Speak on Windows 11 as it will...
  8. Microphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input: I can not turn on the external microphone input on my new ASUS running windows 10 64 bit. Realtek does not recognize that a microphone is present when I plug in the proper plug. Do I need to download a new driver? I can not get any help from Microsoft or ASUS....
  9. Microphone Input

Microphone Input: So after I did a factory reset on my laptop my mic stopped working on my headset Astro A 40 and has been picking up my voice from the camera on my camera. I have been messing around setting everything I could to my headsets mic but it just isn't working, I even reinstalled...
  10. No Microphone Input

No Microphone Input: So I just got my computer (built myself if that matters), and I can't get any microphones to work. I've tried the front and back microphone ports with multiple pairs of earbuds, as well as a USB headset. None of them work, but a little bit of static is input and recorded...