Windows 10: Suddenly no numbers - only characters

Discus and support Suddenly no numbers - only characters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Brazilian Portuguese version) Today morning it was working fine. After a shutdown there is no numbers, only characters. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Megahertz, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Megahertz Win User

Suddenly no numbers - only characters

Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Brazilian Portuguese version)

Today morning it was working fine. After a shutdown there is no numbers, only characters.
    Does someone has any idea what is going on?

:)

Megahertz, Jan 16, 2020

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 16, 2020
  3. 6300 Contacts List Maximum Number of Characters on Display

When dispaying the contacts list if a contact entry is more than 12 characters then in the end there's 3 dots, even if there's enough space on the display for more characters. Would that be fixed in new firmwares? The current version 4.71 isn't patched
    for diplaying the maximum available number of characters.

kstam---01, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Suddenly no numbers - only characters

Text messages extend number of characters

Morning all newbie here.

I have just changed to a N70 from a 3109 because it kept breaking down. It was a works phone so I decided to just buy a second hand one off fleabay!

This is a step back in some of the functions but a step forward in others.

One major step back is text messaging. Newer Nokias have massive capacity of characters for texts but the older phones are restricted to 160 characters.

What I would like to know is do any of you know if there is any software out there that extends the number of characters you can use on the N70 to anything like the thousands you get on the new models.

I have found loads of software downloads for this phone games themes etc so I thought there could be something.

Thanks for your help if any of you can!!

keggi---01, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly no numbers - only characters

1. Suddenly no numbers - only characters - Similar Threads - Suddenly numbers characters

2. Number character keys do not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number character keys do not work: Whenever I try to type something such as the "at" symbol using the control key and number two key combination it just takes me to the second tab. This happens with all the numbers and control key, how do I fix this?...
  3. Number character keys do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number character keys do not work: Whenever I try to type something such as the "at" symbol using the control key and number two key combination it just takes me to the second tab. This happens with all the numbers and control key, how do I fix this?...
  4. subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers: I noticed there are some subfolders under different programs folders and sometimes on program data.I am wondering what is the purpose of those subfolders and if I can delete them please?...
  5. subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers: I noticed there are some subfolders under different programs folders and sometimes on program data.I am wondering what is the purpose of those subfolders and if I can delete them please?...
  6. subfolders with a mix of characters and numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Keyboard typing random numbers and characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing random numbers and characters: Hi,So I was playing a game on my computer when I suddenly noticed my keyboard was really buggy after I had messaged my friendI typed out: "Im in poggers on a call" poggers was a name of a minecraft world Instead it typed: "\im \in6 -pogge5rs on6 a call". It was typing random...
  8. shift+number keys not showing a character

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shift+number keys not showing a character: Every time I try to press shift+number I dont get a character. I dont get another character, I just dont get anything. I have a laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shiftnumber-keys-not-showing-a-character/b579788a-6a19-49c9-869e-8b3522fd94f2
  9. Strange Characters display for numbers only

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Characters display for numbers only: Hello all, So I have this odd issue on a users Windows 10 pc. Basically the time and date on the screen displays odd symbols. It however does say the day...spells out Thursday perfectly. This is the screen before you log in. once logged in, when it goes into screen saver...
  10. Product ID number only 20 alphanumeric characters - valid program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product ID number only 20 alphanumeric characters - valid program: Can Microsoft determine if my computer is running a valid Windows 10 program if I only have a product ID number of 20 alphanumeric characters not a 25 alphanumeric Key number?...