Windows 10: Suddenly no numbers - only characters

Discus and support Suddenly no numbers - only characters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Brazilian Portuguese version) Today morning it was working fine. After a shutdown there is no numbers, only characters. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Megahertz, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Megahertz Win User

Suddenly no numbers - only characters

Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Brazilian Portuguese version)

Today morning it was working fine. After a shutdown there is no numbers, only characters.
    Does someone has any idea what is going on?

:)

Megahertz, Jan 16, 2020

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 16, 2020
  3. 6300 Contacts List Maximum Number of Characters on Display

When dispaying the contacts list if a contact entry is more than 12 characters then in the end there's 3 dots, even if there's enough space on the display for more characters. Would that be fixed in new firmwares? The current version 4.71 isn't patched
    for diplaying the maximum available number of characters.

kstam---01, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Suddenly no numbers - only characters

Text messages extend number of characters

Morning all newbie here.

I have just changed to a N70 from a 3109 because it kept breaking down. It was a works phone so I decided to just buy a second hand one off fleabay!

This is a step back in some of the functions but a step forward in others.

One major step back is text messaging. Newer Nokias have massive capacity of characters for texts but the older phones are restricted to 160 characters.

What I would like to know is do any of you know if there is any software out there that extends the number of characters you can use on the N70 to anything like the thousands you get on the new models.

I have found loads of software downloads for this phone games themes etc so I thought there could be something.

Thanks for your help if any of you can!!

keggi---01, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly no numbers - only characters

1. Suddenly no numbers - only characters - Similar Threads - Suddenly numbers characters

2. Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only: [ATTACH] Before I go buy a new keyboard, wanted to check if anyone has any ideas. That random text should be \"hello\" This issue happens in File Explorer when trying to upload files in the browser. Only Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox are affected. For some...
  3. Product ID number only 20 alphanumeric characters - valid program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product ID number only 20 alphanumeric characters - valid program: Can Microsoft determine if my computer is running a valid Windows 10 program if I only have a product ID number of 20 alphanumeric characters not a 25 alphanumeric Key number?...
  4. Arabic Numbers format - issue if the number followed by any character

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arabic Numbers format - issue if the number followed by any character: hello, i find a problem with Arabic number starting from window 8 till current build of windows 10 the following screen shot for window 10 and window 7 , you will find arabic numbers in windows 10 is converted to English number after adding currency symbol the...
  5. Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Usually, numbers keys are present on two spots on a keyboard. One is at the number pad and the other of above the letters. You might face an issue where your laptop keyboard won’t type numbers. This could be with [...] This post Keyboard wont type numbers OR...
  6. Unwanted auto fill of letters, numbers and characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unwanted auto fill of letters, numbers and characters: After 10 -15 minutes into work on either a Word document or an XL spreadsheet I get random characters populating whatever I am working on. I have just run a scan to make sure I don't have any malware. Please help if you can....
  7. When Creating Microsoft PIN for a new Laptop, Can't Type Characters Only Numbers

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When Creating Microsoft PIN for a new Laptop, Can't Type Characters Only Numbers: When setting up a new laptop, signing into Microsoft, I am prompted to create a Microsoft PIN. I can place the cursor in the box, I can type a number, but am not able to type a character. It asks that numbers, characters, and symbols are used to create a PIN. Unlike a...
  8. vhdmp.sys read only sudden crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    vhdmp.sys read only sudden crashes.: Had a few sudden BSOD's not the same as I remember with previous windows. This one reports it is gathering information and if memory serves me says something like Attempted-write-to-readonly-memory.vhdmp.sys at the bottom. I have run Memtest 86+ for around 21 hours with 9...
  9. Keyboard only typing the number 6

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard only typing the number 6: A friend had a malware / virus attack in Chrome. It was a beeping warning that Windows Defender had error 0x80060402. She used the Task Manager to shut down Chrome and then shut off her laptop. When she tried to turn it on again nothing happened, it would not turn on. I now...
  10. Windows 10 only allows 260 characters - crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 only allows 260 characters - crash: Hi there, I have a few folders with a lot of subfolders which brings me to the limit of characters of the file path. My System is: Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 System Build 15063.674 64-Bit In order to be able to have more subfolders, I have already tried to...