Windows 10: Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available

Discus and support Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an brand new Lenovo Yoga 920. Picked it up yesterday and it was working perfectly except after a restart this afternoon where it shows "Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by visibility, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available

I have an brand new Lenovo Yoga 920. Picked it up yesterday and it was working perfectly except after a restart this afternoon where it shows "Not connected - No connections are available." When I go to Network and Internet settings, there is no Wi-Fi option to the left under "Network and Internet". I can search for it, and select "Turn wireless devices on and off" but that just brings up Airplane mode. The network troubleshooter says everything is working normally. Its as if there is an external Wi-Fi switch turned off and I don't believe this device has one. Its not my router because its working perfectly with my desktop

Just prior to restart McAfee (30 day trial) was having an issue with a file it thought was suspicious. It was a legitimate file so I released it from quarantine and a few minutes later restarted. I mention this just to let you know what happened prior to the issue, but I don't think McAfee had anything to do with it.

Update: I checked in Device Manager and there is no mention of the Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter under "Network adapters." I think the Yoga 920 is supposed to have this one. In fact there's no mention of any Wi-Fi adapters at all, only Bluetooth and 8 WAN Miniports. Scan for hardware changes doesn't fix this.

:)

visibility, Feb 24, 2018
  2. ptenter Win User

Weird WiFi Issue

This issue turn into more weird suddenly however it works perfectly fine on mobile

1. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi. It will disconnect shortly even if it get connected.

2. It doesn't show other Wi-Fi connections available (used to show) in the list however it does show my Wi-Fi as connected but doesn't work

3. Also seeing some leg in performance. It continuously hangs for few seconds interval.

appreciate your quick response to resolve issues so far am not happy with windows 10

ptenter, Feb 24, 2018
  3. Syed N Win User
    wi-fi connection is available but no internet access

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the device?
    • Have you updated the device with the latest drivers?
    Please run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and then try to run the updates again.

• Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Log on to the device manufacturer website and update it with the latest available drivers, especially network.

Since you are not connected, download the drivers from a different device, transfer and install.

Do let us know about the status. Thank you.

Syed N, Feb 24, 2018
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available

If Airplane mode has been turned on, wifi will be disabled. Try clicking on airplane mode once and see if you then have connections available... *Cool

dmholt57, Feb 24, 2018
  5. Thanks, but Airplane mode is not on.

visibility, Feb 24, 2018
  6. dmholt57 Win User
    Does the adapter show to be enabled? Open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all then press enter

dmholt57, Feb 24, 2018
  7. In Device Manager check View->Show Hidden Devices just to make sure the adapter isn't there.

If it's not, then boot into BIOS/UEFI setup and see if there are any relevant WiFi settings.

If not, then I would try booting into a Ubuntu live USB drive to see if the card is detected in Linux - Create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu tutorials .

PolarNettles, Feb 24, 2018
  8. Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available

The adapter doesn't show at all - its simply not there. ipconfig /all shows only the bluetooth device.

visibility, Feb 24, 2018
  9. dmholt57 Win User
    Reboot and see if Windows finds it and loads the drivers, is fast startup turned on in advanced power options?

dmholt57, Feb 24, 2018
  10. Thanks for that. Show hidden devices brought up quite a few more including a Microsoft Wi-Fi Firect adapter and the aforementioned Qualcomm Wireless adapter. Not sure why the latter is hidden.

Here's a pic:

Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available [​IMG]

visibility, Feb 24, 2018
  11. If you double-click the hidden device it should tell you what's wrong with it.

12. Okay, I did that and obtained exactly the same error as shown in your image - error 45 device not connected. The issue is this is a brand new laptop and I wouldn't know how to even open it. Moreover, how did it suddenly become disconnected when it was working fine this morning? The adapter may well be soldered to the motherboard as all the other parts are.

Should I try uninstalling and rescanning for hardware? Should I be returning the machine?

visibility, Feb 24, 2018
  13. Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available

Uninstalling it is worth a try. I also assume you've rebooted and shutdown/powered-up already. You can also check the Windows Update history to see if anything new came in today.

Otherwise, I recommend checking the BIOS/UEFI settings as well as booting into Linux just to make sure it's not just a Windows thing.

14. Oh dear. I uninstalled it and rescanned for hardware and now the adaptor doesn't show at all. I rebooted and checked again and its completely gone. The Microsoft virtual Wi-Fi adapters have also disappeared. There's no reference to Wi-Fi or wireless in any of the remaining adapters.

There were 9 windows updates that installed yesterday after turning the machine on for the first time. Nothing so fare today, and Wi-Fi was working this morning.

Start-up takes all of 5 seconds so booting to BIOS will be a challenge. I've tried a number of function keys and can't seem to catch it.

visibility, Feb 24, 2018
  15. It looks like there's a "Novo button" that you use to get into BIOS setup.

Thema:

Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available

1. Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available - Similar Threads - Suddenly connection available

2. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: Good afternoon,Around every 15-60 minutes, my wi-fi would cut off from my PC and every other network disappears. The wi-fi's dead only for my computer, but every other device still has access to the wi-fi during the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting during the minute only...
  3. My Wi-Fi suddenly disappears from the list of available Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Wi-Fi suddenly disappears from the list of available Wi-Fi: Hello community My Wi-Fi name suddenly disappears from the Wi-Fi list and it gets disconnected. My neighbors Wi-Fi appears, my access point appears, but only my Wi-Fi disappears. There is nothing wrong with my router. There are no such problems on my other Windows and Android...
  4. Wi-Fi and Audio not available all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi and Audio not available all of the sudden: HP laptop was working fine last night. Now all of the sudden there's a Red X near my volume control on the right of the task bar. I can't connect to the internet at all either. Airplane Mode was On but greyed out but I managed to press Fn+F12 and was able to turn it off. But...
  5. Wi Fi connections

Wi Fi connections: Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram both have lost connections from time to time and the...
  6. No Wi-Fi option available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Wi-Fi option available: I just built a new pc and installed windows 10 on it and when I try to connect to the internet there is no option for wifi, only ethernet, vpn and others, any way to be able to connect to wifi? submitted by /u/BamboozledHexa [link] [comments]...
  7. wi-fi connection

wi-fi connection: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 same as this one but it doesn't have the capability to connect with wi fi. is there an app that I can purchase and download to a thumb drive so that I can transfer to the other computer....
  8. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  9. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...
  10. Wi-fi option is not available?

Wi-fi option is not available?: Wi-fi option is not available in my windows 10 pro so what can i do to bring Wi-fi option? 55679