Windows 10: Suddenly not able to sign onto desktop computer running latest version of Windows 10

Discus and support Suddenly not able to sign onto desktop computer running latest version of Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My desktop computer has stopped presenting a sign-on window where I would usually enter my PIN# to sign on.When I activate computer(usually sleeping) I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DarrylHartung1, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Suddenly not able to sign onto desktop computer running latest version of Windows 10

My desktop computer has stopped presenting a sign-on window where I would usually enter my PIN# to sign on.When I activate computer(usually sleeping) I now have wallpaper screen which, when I click on would previously present sign-on window for my PIN#. Now when I click on wallpaper screen, wallpaper screen becomes opaque with no sign-on window presented!? After approx 30-60 seconds original wallpaper screen reappears! I have tried restarting computer, unplugging, etc., all with no luck. Can anyone help me with this?

:)

DarrylHartung1, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Suddenly not able to sign onto desktop computer running latest version of Windows 10

Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Suddenly not able to sign onto desktop computer running latest version of Windows 10

1. Suddenly not able to sign onto desktop computer running latest version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Suddenly able sign

2. Computer suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly running slow: My computer was running fine until a month ago. I turned on my computer as usual but I notice that it was slow and choppy, when I logged into the computer, it was significantly slower and I couldn’t even do gaming on it anymore. I also have a 144hz monitor, but the frame rate...
  3. Computer suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer suddenly running slow: My computer was running fine until a month ago. I turned on my computer as usual but I notice that it was slow and choppy, when I logged into the computer, it was significantly slower and I couldn’t even do gaming on it anymore. I also have a 144hz monitor, but the frame rate...
  4. WhatsaApp desktop version does not run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WhatsaApp desktop version does not run on Windows 10: WhatsaApp desktop version does not run on Windows 10. After double-clicking on the shortcut, the WhatsApp window opens, the WhatsApp logo is in the center and that's it. I attach a screenshot...
  5. Desktop Upgrades with Windows 10 latest Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Desktop Upgrades with Windows 10 latest Version: My desktop and a laptop were updated several months ago based on offers from Microsoft. So we updated all the computers in my family. I started having problems with my desktop and I put it aside as I have a laptop to work with. I recently figured out to fix the desktop. I...
  6. Bitlocker not able to unlock even on latest Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker not able to unlock even on latest Windows 10 version 1903: Bitlocker turned on by itself. When unlocking an error stating an incompatible version of Windows but I am already on the latest version 10, 1903. What else should I do?...
  7. I am not able to sign onto AOLMail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am not able to sign onto AOLMail.: I have tried to sign in using both the aol.com site and aolmail.com. I am getting this address in the email address bar when I try "https://guce.aol.com/consent?brandType=nonEu&gcrumb=X0AIZOU&lang=en-US&done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aol.com%2F and then get a page that says:...
  8. Is Microsoft able to provide a Windows 10 version that is able to run with less than 1GB of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Microsoft able to provide a Windows 10 version that is able to run with less than 1GB of...: Dear Microsoft, In my line of work, I do upgrading of Windows 7 to Windows 10 PC in my daily work. I have about 7 pieces of Intel machines in the house. My DELL Latitude D420 is running fine with Windows 7 Professional albeit a bit slow but on the whole , I am fine with the...
  9. Need to enable Bluetooth stack on my desktop system running latest version of Windows 10 -...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need to enable Bluetooth stack on my desktop system running latest version of Windows 10 -...: I have the CSR 4.0 Bluetooth dongle on my desktop that never had Bluetooth, or any wireless before. I've installed the Bluetooth drivers from CSR. Device Manager shows Bluetooth Radios - and under it CSR Bluetooth Radio - no yellow or red indicators on it - it shows...
  10. Not able to login into my Window 10 after upgrading to latest version of Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to login into my Window 10 after upgrading to latest version of Windows 10: Hi Team, I am not able to login into my laptop after upgrading to latest version of windows 10. After resetting the password multiple times, still I am not able to login. Could you please provide me suggestions how to fix this one Thanks Bhabani...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. suddenly not able