Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface

Discus and support Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; The patient is an IBM Thinkpad laptop running the latest build (10130) as part of a dual boot 7 / 10 setup. It has been running 10 without incident for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArtShapiro, Jun 19, 2015.

1. ArtShapiro Win User

The patient is an IBM Thinkpad laptop running the latest build (10130) as part of a dual boot 7 / 10 setup. It has been running 10 without incident for months.

All of a sudden, my main account opens in a metro style desktop. Applications open full screen and cannot be restored smaller. I can't fiddle with the taskbar because there isn't one in this style.

I created a second account on the machine and it behaves normally.

I've looked around the various settings in gpedit and haven't stumbled upon anything relevant.

Can anyone hypothesize what has happened and whether it's possible to get the expected traditional desktop back?

Art

:)

ArtShapiro, Jun 19, 2015
  2. markinthebox Win User

Love/Hate relationship with my new Windows Phone 7

In your post at the beginning of this thread you say that Microsoft has hit a home run with the Metro UI. Now you're saying the interface looks like they're trying to copy Apple, and that it should look more like Windows?

You lost me on this one. Metro looks NOTHING like Apple's interface, and in fact if it looked more like Windows it would also look more like an Apple interface.

If you believe the Metro interface is fundamentally flawed or just not to your liking, then this is not the device for you. Do you honestly think MS is going to abandon the interface and go back to a Windows-like look? They did that already - see Windows
    Mobile 6.5

markinthebox, Jun 19, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    How can I add my 2520 tablet to my existing live account

Sure, PC settings, accounts.

That will add the account to mail, contacts and calendar to the metro interface

garym123, Jun 19, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

You enabled tablet mode. And also somehow hid the taskbar. Taskbar is usually there in Tablet mode.

Mystere, Jun 19, 2015
  5. ArtShapiro Win User
    Wow - much appreciated. Just knowing what it was called let me undo the remarkably-obnoxious mode. The weird thing is that it spontaneously happened while I was simply sitting back watching the live video feed of the U.S. Open. I wasn't even touching the keyboard.

ArtShapiro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface - Similar Threads - Suddenly Opening Metro

1. Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site: Today i downloaded some trainer from mediadisk1.net, after opening the trainer my av quarantine so i ignore that because trainer always detected by av as usual. Its begin my browser opening by itself and direct me to adv site. Besides injecting adware its possible this virus...
  2. Chrome can't open after computer suddenly shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome can't open after computer suddenly shut down: My computer suddenly shut down, after restart the computer, Chorme can't open. The error is like the screenshot. [img] I google the result, someone said uninstall all current Microsoft Visual C++ installations, i have never install Microsoft Visual C++ installations.*Sad...
  3. Firefox suddenly won't open website

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox suddenly won't open website: After ages accessing a regular website forum with no problems, this morning it stuck halfway then the notice below appeared. "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified." I've no idea what caused...
  4. Suddenly Windows Defender Won't Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly Windows Defender Won't Open: Hi there: For some reason, when I tried to use Windows Defender today I get the following message: "This application is turned off by group policy. To allow this application to run, contact your security administrator to enable the program via group policy" WTF? I...
  5. All of sudden Application and even print window is opening full Page

in Windows 10 Support
    All of sudden Application and even print window is opening full Page: All of sudden Application and even print window is opening full Page thus I am not able to click even buttons like Accept, Next, Finish, Print etc which are overlapping the taskbar and even I am not able to reach below for cross arrows to pull the windows above. Though with...
  6. Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise: Hi I haven`t made any changes ..so probably a Windows update...previously with any running programs I could left click the icon in the taskbar and it would maximise and minimise...not now...also I can`t right click on desktop?? I also notice when I click on start I have...
  7. Left click won't open folders all of a sudden...

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click won't open folders all of a sudden...: Yesterday, out of the blue, I was no longer able to left click on a folder to open it. If I right click and then choose open, it will open. I get the error message: [img] I have not made any changes lately and I don't know what could cause this as I have never...
Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface solved