Windows 10: Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface

Discus and support Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The patient is an IBM Thinkpad laptop running the latest build (10130) as part of a dual boot 7 / 10 setup. It has been running 10 without incident for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArtShapiro, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface

The patient is an IBM Thinkpad laptop running the latest build (10130) as part of a dual boot 7 / 10 setup. It has been running 10 without incident for months.

All of a sudden, my main account opens in a metro style desktop. Applications open full screen and cannot be restored smaller. I can't fiddle with the taskbar because there isn't one in this style.

I created a second account on the machine and it behaves normally.

I've looked around the various settings in gpedit and haven't stumbled upon anything relevant.

Can anyone hypothesize what has happened and whether it's possible to get the expected traditional desktop back?

Art

:)

ArtShapiro, Jun 19, 2015

2. Love/Hate relationship with my new Windows Phone 7

In your post at the beginning of this thread you say that Microsoft has hit a home run with the Metro UI. Now you're saying the interface looks like they're trying to copy Apple, and that it should look more like Windows?

You lost me on this one. Metro looks NOTHING like Apple's interface, and in fact if it looked more like Windows it would also look more like an Apple interface.

If you believe the Metro interface is fundamentally flawed or just not to your liking, then this is not the device for you. Do you honestly think MS is going to abandon the interface and go back to a Windows-like look? They did that already - see Windows
    Mobile 6.5

markinthebox, Jun 19, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    How can I add my 2520 tablet to my existing live account

Sure, PC settings, accounts.

That will add the account to mail, contacts and calendar to the metro interface

garym123, Jun 19, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface

You enabled tablet mode. And also somehow hid the taskbar. Taskbar is usually there in Tablet mode.

Mystere, Jun 19, 2015
  5. Wow - much appreciated. Just knowing what it was called let me undo the remarkably-obnoxious mode. The weird thing is that it spontaneously happened while I was simply sitting back watching the live video feed of the U.S. Open. I wasn't even touching the keyboard.

ArtShapiro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface

1. Suddenly Opening in Metro Interface - Similar Threads - Suddenly Opening Metro

2. All Human Interface devices suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Human Interface devices suddenly stopped working: It just happened out of the blue. Every device stopped working for no apparent reason. Nor Bluetooth or Wired. When I open the windows settings and go to “Devices”, every single device says the same thing; “driver error”. I have tried uninstalling all of them and restarting...
  3. All Human Interface devices suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Human Interface devices suddenly stopped working: It just happened out of the blue. Every device stopped working for no apparent reason. Nor Bluetooth or Wired. When I open the windows settings and go to “Devices”, every single device says the same thing; “driver error”. I have tried uninstalling all of them and restarting...
  4. Why is the Windows 10 interface grainy all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is the Windows 10 interface grainy all of a sudden?: Apps are fine. Like Adobe software or games, but the task bar and wallpapers are all grainy as fuck. Like if I added a grain overlay on-top of everything. Its especially noticeable in the login screen. I can't find any settings in the display settings or Nvidia settings. I'm...
  5. metro exodus

metro exodus: I've been playing the game for awhile. Made it to Caspian. Fun game. Problem is now it will not load. Goes through the intro, but it cuts out a second into the train sound and never makes it to the select screen. The screen goes black and crashes the computer. This is...
  6. Metro Bootloader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Metro Bootloader: I just did a dual boot with windows 10 and windows 7 and all I get is the black and white bootloader. Before I partitioned my drive and installed windows 7 I had the Metro bootloader with my windows 10 and Macrium Reflect but after installing windows 7 on the new partition...
  7. Metro Exodus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metro Exodus: Looks good fbbqlvuovQ0 86777
  8. W10 suddenly switched back to metro

W10 suddenly switched back to metro: So I installed a program called classic shell because I couldn't stand the new metro. I originally started using this program with W8. I haven't had any issues until now. All of a sudden, after logging it, it switched back to metro. I can't get rid of it. My classic shell...
  9. Can't open and Metro style Windows app

Can't open and Metro style Windows app: I seem to have had a major Windows 10 Pro X64 failure. After a couple days of investigation, I'm stumped. -Right now, I can't open and Metro style Windows apps including Settings. -I also can't open "services.msc" (I get a window that says Microsoft Services...
  10. Windows 10 metro apps wont open

Windows 10 metro apps wont open: [img] 21342