Windows 10: Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode.

Discus and support Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The screen goes black and the sleep indicator light begins flashing, but after a few seconds it returns to the log on screen. Why and how to make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Grandpa Jim, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode.

The screen goes black and the sleep indicator light begins flashing, but after a few seconds it returns to the log on screen. Why and how to make it stay asleep?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Jan 17, 2020
  2. rorrim Win User

sleep mode not staying on

I can't get the sleep mode to stay on

rorrim, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Urgent help with PC that wont stay in sleep mode!

I really need some help. I have a custom built PC. Ever since then I haven't been able to go into sleep mode. As soon as I click Sleep the system powers down for few seconds then powers straight back on to show me login screen. For better insight on the issue I would suggest looking at >this<. The link directs you to Microsoft Community website, and what you will see is my thread asking for help. Knowing Microsoft Community I feel as if they just give basic steps then thinking out of the box so that's why i'm here.

What I've tried so far is doing a reset with Windows 10 Pro to wipe everything but keeps files on SSD which is my primary. I disconnected my HDD which is for gaming and music so that it wont get touched. As I'm typing this the issue hasn't been fixed. The only thing that I did was some updates for OS, and that's it! I'm completely puzzled by what is happening.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

AstroCoookie023, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode.

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode.

1. Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Suddenly stay sleep

2. computer not staying in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer not staying in sleep mode: Unbelievably as it might seem, in so many years since this problem has been reported, the wise guys at microsoft could not fix it. I already had a computer broken because it woke up during the night and started auto processing dna strands matching with three gpu cards and all...
  3. computer not staying in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not staying in sleep mode: Unbelievably as it might seem, in so many years since this problem has been reported, the wise guys at microsoft could not fix it. I already had a computer broken because it woke up during the night and started auto processing dna strands matching with three gpu cards and all...
  4. computer not staying in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer stays in sleep mode

Computer stays in sleep mode: I am running Windows 10, version 21H1. Today my computer went into sleep mode. On-Off button was flashing as usual. However, when I moved the mouse or touched several different keys on the keyboard, nothing happened. It remained in sleep mode. I pressed and held the on-off...
  6. PC suddenly turning into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC suddenly turning into Sleep Mode: Whenever I connect to the internet, my pc will suddenly sleep even when i am using it. Though it only happens once every session I mean when I open my pc now and connect it to the internet, it will sleep after a couple of minutes, and when I will purposely turn in to sleep...
  7. PC does NOT STAY in sleep mode

PC does NOT STAY in sleep mode: Hi, I have set my power option for my monitor to turn off after 2 minutes and the computer to sleep after 5 minutes. For a unknown reason my screen turns off after 2 minutes and turns back on almost immediately after. Can somebody help me? Note I run Win10 Pro 20H2....
  8. PC suddenly turns a sleep mode

PC suddenly turns a sleep mode: I work on my PC but it suddenly goes to sleep. It is not the only problem. Sometimes the apps I am actively using are maximizing automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-suddenly-turns-a-sleep-mode/3cb80c8e-e1c5-4ac6-a170-6d1b18094238"
  9. Urgent help with PC that wont stay in sleep mode!

Urgent help with PC that wont stay in sleep mode!: I really need some help. I have a custom built PC. Ever since then I haven't been able to go into sleep mode. As soon as I click Sleep the system powers down for few seconds then powers straight back on to show me login screen. For better insight on the issue I would suggest...
  10. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode: Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it goes to sleep normally, but then about a second after the fans stop spinning, the whole thing comes out of sleep mode as if a button was pressed or something. Power cfg -requests gives me DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER]...