Windows 10: Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10

Discus and support Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I remove the new sudden PIN requirement to sign in on my PC with Windows 10??... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SandyLee7, Apr 29, 2020.

1. SandyLee7 Win User

Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10

How do I remove the new sudden PIN requirement to sign in on my PC with Windows 10??

:)

SandyLee7, Apr 29, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10

Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10 [​IMG]

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10

1. Suddenly requiring a pin to sign in or log in to PC with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Suddenly requiring pin

2. Pin is unavaible and required to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin is unavaible and required to log in: When I turn my computer on it now requires a pin to log in to the computer, yet after log in I go into setting to change the pin and it tells me the pin option is unavailable. It is requiring a pin to log in and then telling me the pin option to log in is unavailable on this...
  3. Pin is unavaible and required to log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin is unavaible and required to log in: When I turn my computer on it now requires a pin to log in to the computer, yet after log in I go into setting to change the pin and it tells me the pin option is unavailable. It is requiring a pin to log in and then telling me the pin option to log in is unavailable on this...
  4. Sudden PIN requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden PIN requirement: We have a 4-year old laptop. We have suddenly encountered a demand that we enter a PIN to access our computer upon start-up. We're relatively ignorant regarding tech so if someone could explain how to rectify this without a lot of technical jargon, we'd appreciate it....
  5. Sudden PIN requirement

Sudden PIN requirement: We have a 4-year old laptop. We have suddenly encountered a demand that we enter a PIN to access our computer upon start-up. We're relatively ignorant regarding tech so if someone could explain how to rectify this without a lot of technical jargon, we'd appreciate it....
  6. Sudden PIN requirement

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. PIN required at every log-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN required at every log-in: I am now required to do both a PIN and a fingerpirint recognition log in every time I unlock? It was previously just a fingerprint - what has changed and how do I get it back?...
  8. PIN required at every log-in

PIN required at every log-in: I am now required to do both a PIN and a fingerpirint recognition log in every time I unlock? It was previously just a fingerprint - what has changed and how do I get it back?...
  9. PIN require for sign in. PIN not available.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN require for sign in. PIN not available.: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop running Windows 10. During setup I specified a Pin and followed the fingerprint scan process. All was good able to use fingerprint to sign on until the next day when I received the following on a login: “Your pin is required to sign in....
  10. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove login requirement on windows 10

2. windows requires pin