Windows 10: Suddenly slow boot time

Discus and support Suddenly slow boot time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, first post noob here.I removed Ubuntu from my laptop about a month ago. All traces are gone from BIOS.It used to take 10 seconds from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shane_054, May 21, 2021.

1. shane_054 Win User

Suddenly slow boot time

Hi everyone, first post noob here.I removed Ubuntu from my laptop about a month ago. All traces are gone from BIOS.It used to take 10 seconds from pressing the power button to the login screen before dual boot, and with dual boot, but now it takes over a minute. My BIOS start time is still 2.5-3 seconds, but splash screen to login takes an age. I did a fresh Windows install, no difference. I have nearly everything turned off in task manager startup.I know this question's probably been asked before, but I've tried everything and would appreciate any help and advice.Asus ROG GL551i716GB DDR3L

:)

shane_054, May 21, 2021
  2. VBX
    vbx Win User

Computer having slow boot time suddenly

Try this: It has the option for "boot-time" defrag.

Puran Defrag - Automatically Defrag your Hard Disk Drives

It worked for me after I cloned my HD, it was slow to boot. But I had to not only do the boot-defrag, but also the other options they had available.

I did the normal defrag 1st with PIZOR enabled. Then I ran Boot-Time defrag. (requires a restart).

3. PC boot time suddenly increases

Suddenly slow boot time [​IMG]

And this is my SSD

And I hope this is what you meant Suddenly slow boot time :)

imkvinayan, May 21, 2021
  4. Suddenly slow boot time

Boot suddenly slows down

I installed Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago, and have become used to extremely fast boot times, since I switched to an SSD hard drive at the same time.

Since yesterday, however, my boot time has gone up to almost a minute. At the same time I had problems where trying to open my Dropbox folder suddenly crashed Explorer. I fixed the Dropbox crash by running chkdsk from the command prompt and doing a repair,
    but the slowed-down boot remains.

Any solution to get my fast boot time back?

BerniceMills, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Suddenly slow boot time

1. Suddenly slow boot time - Similar Threads - Suddenly slow boot

2. Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10: Hi,I read in many articles about the benefits of DISABLING the "Fast-Startup" feature in Windows 10 , so I tried it once.As expected the startup slowed down a lot......... I was not pleased with the slow boot timings so after two days, I ENABLED it back again........... but...
  3. Slow boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot time: Recently everytime I have booted up my asus laptop, the normal asus screen comes up and then the screen goes black as it should then it stays black for some time and if you move your mouse the cursor appears on the black screen and after some time the cursor icon turns to...
  4. Slow boot time

Slow boot time: submitted by /u/Verix- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iid2sx/slow_boot_time/
  5. Slow boot time to OS

Slow boot time to OS: As the title suggests, the load time of OS is extremely long(spinning white dots i believe), about 15-25 seconds. Which makes my boot-up time from button pressed to windows screen 50~ seconds Windows is installed on SSD, and i have another HDD connected. Troubleshooting:...
  6. Slow Boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot time: Downloaded BootRacer as my Boot time was extremely slow. Over the past few days the Boot times have changed from around 49.578 secs to 329.593 secs despite cleaning C drive of Temp files, Disk cleaning, emptied recycle bin. Every time I try to make PC run faster, it has...
  7. Windows Slow Boot Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Slow Boot Time: Recently my computer has had a slow boot time, like 4 minutes slow, and this has started in the past month or two. I've tried uninstalling programs that i never use and deleting recently installed ones, i've tried defragging my hard drive, i dusted out my pc, limited startup...
  8. Suddenly getting slow boot times Help me analyze WinBootInfo boot log

Suddenly getting slow boot times Help me analyze WinBootInfo boot log: Windows 10 v1709 OS Build 16299.611 OS Drive: Samsung 960 Pro NVme M.2 1TB SSD (GPT) Fast Startup turned off in Windows Fast Boot on in Bios Windows updates completed Have latest drivers installed for my Asus VIII Hero mobo Slow in both normal startup and Safe Mode Boot times...
  9. Sudden slow boot time on Windows Loading screen with SSD

Sudden slow boot time on Windows Loading screen with SSD: I just noticed in the last few days that my PC takes about 2-3 minutes to boot up. It takes about 5 seconds to post and then hangs on Windows loading screen for about 2-3 minutes, which used to be around 10-15 seconds. I'm not really sure when it started. I did a test to...
  10. Slow boot & shutdown time

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot & shutdown time: 10 doesn't seem to be booting very nicely. What I mean is that it seems to be having a difficult time initilizing my SSD, so upon boot I get a blank black screen for anywhere from 60-180 seconds, where the primary drive activity LED is inactive, before it actually boots. This...