Windows 10: Suddenly slow SSD speed

Discus and support Suddenly slow SSD speed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a NVMe PC771 NVMe SK hynix 1tb SSD and just recently my SSD started getting read speeds of 100-200kb/s and write speeds of 100kb-200mb/s.I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Swuo, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Swuo Win User

Suddenly slow SSD speed

I have a NVMe PC771 NVMe SK hynix 1tb SSD and just recently my SSD started getting read speeds of 100-200kb/s and write speeds of 100kb-200mb/s.I don't remember messing with any settings maybe I have I'm not sure but I've also been getting FPS drops in games.

:)

2. Slow SSD Write Speed

Slow SSD Write Speed
    Windows 10 build 1909

Recently I have installed 480 GB AS340 PANTHER SATA III SSD. I was getting good Read and write speed well above 500 MB/s Read, and 300 MB/s write. But it's been one week now I am getting my writing speed throttled in a midway. From stable 250 MB/s for
    3-4 write to 10 MB/s.
    I also attached a video demonstrating this problem.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YsgAV-WP3Chbt2dw53BiPrBG96Mzp0QG

FYI I have Intel(R) 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller installed.

RokibulHasan, Jul 27, 2022
  3. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

• The latest update I have showing is "2018-02 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64 based system KB4074588"
    • I've tried all the below steps suggested by Eeshwar Kumar in this link: Redirecting
    • And also all by Jane La in the below: Redirecting

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Jul 27, 2022
  4. Suddenly slow SSD speed

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 27, 2022
Thema:

Suddenly slow SSD speed

1. Suddenly slow SSD speed - Similar Threads - Suddenly slow SSD

2. Sudden slow down of ethernet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden slow down of ethernet speed: Day before yesterday my ethernet suddenly stopped working/net was not working. The ethernet symbol was correctly displayed and text showed it was connected properly but internet simply dosent work. I have tried reconnecting , in the first few mins it gave 8-10mbps speed and...
  3. Sudden slow down of ethernet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden slow down of ethernet speed: Day before yesterday my ethernet suddenly stopped working/net was not working. The ethernet symbol was correctly displayed and text showed it was connected properly but internet simply dosent work. I have tried reconnecting , in the first few mins it gave 8-10mbps speed and...
  4. SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds

SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds: Hello,Last year I upgraded my laptop’s 1tb HDD to a 256gb Samsung Evo SSD. It was working flawlessly. However, recently for no apparent reason, the WiFi speeds got so painfully slow 0.15 mbps down from 30.00 mbps on WiFi that it’s impossible to do anything on it now. I...
  5. Laptop sudden slow speed

Laptop sudden slow speed: I was playing video games yesterday and my frames suddenly dropped to around 50-60. I usually get 200+ in game. I quit the game and restarted it, however, I was unable to launch the game. I tried restarting my whole laptop and it didn't work. My whole computer operation...
  6. Laptop sudden slow speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop sudden slow speed: I was playing video games yesterday and my frames suddenly dropped to around 50-60. I usually get 200+ in game. I quit the game and restarted it, however, I was unable to launch the game. I tried restarting my whole laptop and it didn't work. My whole computer operation...
  7. speed of file transfers suddenly slow down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speed of file transfers suddenly slow down: Hello , I bought my new laptop 1 month ago . I have lenovo ideapad 3 gaming with rtx 3060 , windows 11 , 256gb ssd , 1tb hdd . i have an issue that my file transfer is very slow and i think it's after the update or i don't know what causes this problem . so help me to solve...
  8. speed of file transfers suddenly slow down

speed of file transfers suddenly slow down: Hello , I bought my new laptop 1 month ago . I have lenovo ideapad 3 gaming with rtx 3060 , windows 11 , 256gb ssd , 1tb hdd . i have an issue that my file transfer is very slow and i think it's after the update or i don't know what causes this problem . so help me to solve...
  9. Suddenly slow SSD speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly slow SSD speed: I have a NVMe PC771 NVMe SK hynix 1tb SSD and just recently my SSD started getting read speeds of 100-200kb/s and write speeds of 100kb-200mb/s.I don't remember messing with any settings maybe I have I'm not sure but I've also been getting FPS drops in games....
  10. Slow SSD Write Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow SSD Write Speed: Slow SSD Write Speed Windows 10 build 1909 Recently I have installed 480 GB AS340 PANTHER SATA III SSD. I was getting good Read and write speed well above 500 MB/s Read, and 300 MB/s write. But it's been one week now I am getting my writing speed throttled in a midway. From...