Windows 10: suddenly task bar freezes for a while

Discus and support suddenly task bar freezes for a while in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes on my windows 10 the task bar freezes and not only task bar most of other things won't respond to clicks , this stays for a couple of minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by solidsnakeala, Apr 3, 2020.

1. suddenly task bar freezes for a while

Sometimes on my windows 10 the task bar freezes and not only task bar most of other things won't respond to clicks , this stays for a couple of minutes and then it goes. have anyone faced this before ?

:)

solidsnakeala, Apr 3, 2020

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    windows start menu and task bar and more suddenly not working

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• What exactly happens when you try to access Start menu? Is it not responding?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • What exactly happens with taskbar? Is it freezing?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Step: 1 Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip:
    Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

Step: 2 Click File > Run New Task

Step: 3 Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

Step: 4 Type PowerShell

Step: 5 Type the following in the PowerShell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Step: 6 Close the PowerShell window

Step: 7 Reboot

Method 2:

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 3, 2020
  4. NancyHaig Win User

suddenly task bar freezes for a while

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The task bar on the bottom of the screen suddenly disappeared.

<Original title: Task Bar Disappeared>

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The task bar on the bottom of the screen suddenly disappeared. I have tried re-booting without success. Any suggestions on how to restore it?

NancyHaig, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

suddenly task bar freezes for a while

1. suddenly task bar freezes for a while - Similar Threads - suddenly task bar

2. Windows sign in and task bar appearing suddenly slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sign in and task bar appearing suddenly slow: Normally sign is it's pretty instantaneous to log in, as after entering my password it's pretty much straight in to the desktop, most things appear quickly. Last time it was like this was this morning, but since then I have had issues when signing in.Now after entering the...
  3. my laptop suddenly freezes for a while and then bsods

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop suddenly freezes for a while and then bsods: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj5kUbg2yLV4jhu-9tin1ndvchLB?e=S4u8nsI have uploaded my mini dump right here I hope I get some help here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-suddenly-freezes-for-a-while-and-then/8e168d53-de55-4bc5-b0a0-b0b78288ac97
  4. my laptop suddenly freezes for a while and then bsods

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop suddenly freezes for a while and then bsods: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj5kUbg2yLV4jhu-9tin1ndvchLB?e=S4u8nsI have uploaded my mini dump right here I hope I get some help here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-suddenly-freezes-for-a-while-and-then/8e168d53-de55-4bc5-b0a0-b0b78288ac97
  5. my laptop suddenly freezes for a while and then bsods

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Alt + Tab and Task Bar Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Tab and Task Bar Freezing: Recently I ran into an issue where when I open either Microsoft Apps, Windows Store Apps and the Settings on my pc it will cause my task bar and alt tab to freeze. The problem fixes after a few seconds and would perform all the things I did. Example: If I spammed alt tab, it...
  7. My task bar suddenly become white

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My task bar suddenly become white: I was playing with screen high contrast settings and suddenly my task bar went white and won't change. I am not able to click on check box where it says to change the color of task bar to match my theme color anymore. Is this a bug? submitted by /u/Conspirologist [link]...
  8. Task manager freeze for a while when opened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager freeze for a while when opened: Whenever I open task manager it freezes for a second or 2 then works normally and there's a high cpu usage caused by system interrupts and trigger the dgpu. Does that indicate something is wrong or should I not worry about it? submitted by /u/yamii0 [link] [comments]...
  9. my task bar changed suddenly can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my task bar changed suddenly can't fix it.: My task baf had a few frequently used items om it like Otlool edges anda couple others now suddenly those on are gone and it is filled with mu computer, network, control panel one drive This pc, recycle bin, librabiesetc. L don't know how they all got there. the entire tak...
  10. Task bar freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar freezing: At times my task bar stops responding and so do the minimize window, alter window size, and close window commands. If I use ctrl-alt-delete to open the task manager the problem goes away for a few minutes but it always returns. I've run multiple anti-virus scanners and found...