Windows 10: suddenly text size, Menu height, Caption height, etc. get bigger

Discus and support suddenly text size, Menu height, Caption height, etc. get bigger in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop hangs sometimes then cpu and memory works upper than 60%, then suddenly text size, Menu height, Caption height, etc. get bigger. Why? my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mohammadreza sm, Apr 30, 2020.

1. suddenly text size, Menu height, Caption height, etc. get bigger

My laptop hangs sometimes then cpu and memory works upper than 60%, then suddenly text size, Menu height, Caption height, etc. get bigger. Why?

my laptop is "Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK".

:)

mohammadreza sm, Apr 30, 2020
  2. pstein Win User

How to DEcrease (!) font size and line height in File Explorer?

I would like to decrease (!) the font size, line height and eventually the font family of the font used in File Explorer of Win10.

When I search for "Font change file explorer" in google then users are always directed to

Settings--->Ease of Access--->Display --->Make text bigger

But I don't want a bigger but a smaller text. The slider is already at the left side.

So how else can I make the font size smaller?

By registry hack?

More important is the line height of all files listed "details" view of File explorer.
    The spacing between two lines is gigantic. I would like to have 1 or 2 pixel between them to see more file lines to see more files without scrolling.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you
    Peter

pstein, Apr 30, 2020
  3. AFter setting desired text & icon size, windows height now to large

On my Windows 10, 1703, after setting my screen resolution to the recommended size, and upping the percent to 150%, it then provided the text and icon sizes that I desired. However, these settings have effected certain windows, making their height too large
    for the screen where the buttons fall beneath the bottom of the screen and unaccessible. Many of these windows, default to a minimum size that can be made larger, but not smaller in order to display the bottom buttons. Believe me that being a windows user
    since 3.1, I have tried everything possible to resize the windows to no avail.

Anyway, the only way I have found to correct this issue, is to drop the display percent setting, or increase the monitor resolution, but both of these decreases the desired font and icon sizes. Windows 10 used to provide a feature that would allow adjusting
    the text and icon sizes for a number of different items, allowing me to reduce the resolution/percent, and then increase the font/icon sizes. This was called the "Advanced Settings", which was at the bottom of the display settings page.

However, some Microsoft wizard, apparently did not think this setting important, and removed this availability, but apparently forgot to insure that when windows were too large in height, to adjust for the height of the monitor. Or at least, provide a scroll
    bar to allow being able to scroll down to the bottom buttons. So, can someone advise how I can increase the font/icon sizes, while shrinking the height of windows?

Dave -Laptop, Apr 30, 2020
  4. suddenly text size, Menu height, Caption height, etc. get bigger

Cannot adjust height for WMR on laptop

Hello Philip,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you trying to set the floor height for the first time?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

1. Open the Mixed reality portal and click on the
      ellipses at the left hand bottom corner.
    2. Click on Settings and under Mixed Reality click on
      headset display.
    3. Under Experience options click on
      change.
    4. Now under the drop down options select
      60Hz and save it.
    5. Restart the headset.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

suddenly text size, Menu height, Caption height, etc. get bigger

1. suddenly text size, Menu height, Caption height, etc. get bigger - Similar Threads - suddenly text size

2. Height of the Task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Height of the Task bar: Hi, I would like to know if there is an option/solution for the taskbar to get automatically bigger when there are too many buttons on it. I would then have a second row of buttons.I know I can manually make it bigger so I will have two rows but it will be permanently bigger,...
  3. Height of the Task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Height of the Task bar: Hi, I would like to know if there is an option/solution for the taskbar to get automatically bigger when there are too many buttons on it. I would then have a second row of buttons.I know I can manually make it bigger so I will have two rows but it will be permanently bigger,...
  4. Height of the Task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lower the taskbar height (Win10)

Lower the taskbar height (Win10): I want to lower the taskbar height (default is 1 and I want something like 0.6) but not the icons. I want to use the taskbar on the left side, but when I do the wide of it is more than what's necessary. it looks very bad. is there any way to tweak the value from Registry...
  6. Lower the taskbar height (Win10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Lower the taskbar height (Win10): I want to lower the taskbar height (default is 1 and I want something like 0.6) but not the icons. I want to use the taskbar on the left side, but when I do the wide of it is more than what's necessary. it looks very bad. is there any way to tweak the value from Registry...
  7. mkv file details (frame rate height width etc)

in Windows 10 Support
    mkv file details (frame rate height width etc): they dont show in explorer... is there a way to make them appear?? 180300
  8. Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically

Caption Height & Width in the registry changes automatically: For the past few days, I am facing an issue related to CaptionHeight and CaptionWidth. Some days back my windows font and title box height change automatically. I don't know how I never made any change in the registry. It looks like someone zoomed by windows from 100 to 150%....
  9. Change Height of Action Center??

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Height of Action Center??: Does anyone know if the Action Center can be made shorter? I made a quick mock-up of what I am referring to... [img] I know how to make it stay open, but I would rather just have it smaller... I don't care about the notifications, just the action buttons... thanks in...
  10. Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows...