Windows 10: Suddenly the mouse cursor slows down drastically when media is played audio or video

Discus and support Suddenly the mouse cursor slows down drastically when media is played audio or video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, my mouse cursor has been getting super slow when some media is played on the computer, either in the browser or in another media player or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michael Brändel, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Suddenly the mouse cursor slows down drastically when media is played audio or video

Recently, my mouse cursor has been getting super slow when some media is played on the computer, either in the browser or in another media player or game. The cursor speed recovers when the media is stopped! I can reproduce this behavior e. g. with VLC player with video and with audio files. I have already used different mice, but the same behavior occurs. It was working properly a few weeks before. What happened? My configuration: - Windows 10 Pro, 19045.2546, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0- AMD Ryzen 5 3400G- Radeon RX 5500 XT [moved from de-de]

:)

Michael Brändel, Feb 7, 2023

2. Videos and audios Won't Play

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Are you able to play videos and audios using Windows Media player or other application with in your system?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Does this issue occurs using different browser?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard

2. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting..

3. Click on view all (on the left panel)

4. Select Playing Audio troubleshooter

5. Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.

6. Follow the same steps to troubleshoot
    Video playback.

Step 2: Also try to update drivers and check.

Follow the steps from the below link:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Playing slow and pixelated videos in Windows 10 media .

Hi Ray,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist when you play videos on other video players?

• Does the issue persist when you play videos using a browser?

Sometimes certain file types will not be supported or the file type might be very large to load on to the player. It might also be due to the non-updated version of the Windows media player you might be facing this issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows Key icon key on the keyboard, type
      troubleshooter and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.

• Select Hardware and Devices,
      click on Advanced option and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2:

Step 1: Check if you are able to play the videos without any performance issue in Movies & TV app.

Also check if you are able to play videos using a browser without facing similar issue.

Step 2:
    Check the version of Windows Media Player

and update the player to the latest version and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the File Types supported by Windows Media Player
    and check if it helps.

Note: The article written for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Write back to us if you face further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Suddenly the mouse cursor slows down drastically when media is played audio or video

Videos not playing

This was helpful. Yesterday I fixed my Display Adapters as suggested by Krishna and videos started playing. Thanks.

However today it happened again: the videos on youtube suddenly stopped playing. Again I had to reinstall the drivers, and it helped. Can anyone explain why this would happen over and over again with the already updated drivers?

Then suddenly the audio broke, so I had to troubleshoot Playing Audio. Is there a way to troubleshoot Playing Video (without reinstalling display drivers)?

IrinaSmirnova, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

Suddenly the mouse cursor slows down drastically when media is played audio or video

1. Suddenly the mouse cursor slows down drastically when media is played audio or video - Similar Threads - Suddenly mouse cursor

2. Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down: I had a power outage and upon restart the mouse pointer was moving painfully slow. now the speed settings are maxed out and it's still slower than it used to be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and also disabled "enhance mouse precision" with no effect whatsoever....
  3. Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer suddenly slowed down: I had a power outage and upon restart the mouse pointer was moving painfully slow. now the speed settings are maxed out and it's still slower than it used to be. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and also disabled "enhance mouse precision" with no effect whatsoever....
  4. Windows slowed down drastically right after playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows slowed down drastically right after playing a game: I have a decent laptop 16 gb ram, 1660 ti gpu that i've been using for almost 2 years.I got windows 11 installed a couple months ago and ever since then im having some issues. My laptop slowed down drastically, to the point that its not even usable and it happened right after...
  5. Windows slowed down drastically right after playing a game

Windows slowed down drastically right after playing a game: I have a decent laptop 16 gb ram, 1660 ti gpu that i've been using for almost 2 years.I got windows 11 installed a couple months ago and ever since then im having some issues. My laptop slowed down drastically, to the point that its not even usable and it happened right after...
  6. Suddenly the mouse cursor slows down drastically when media is played audio or video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly the mouse cursor slows down drastically when media is played audio or video: Recently, my mouse cursor has been getting super slow when some media is played on the computer, either in the browser or in another media player or game. The cursor speed recovers when the media is stopped! I can reproduce this behavior e. g. with VLC player with video and...
  7. Suddenly the mouse cursor slows down drastically when media is played audio or video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly the mouse cursor slows down drastically when media is played audio or video: Recently, my mouse cursor has been getting super slow when some media is played on the computer, either in the browser or in another media player or game. The cursor speed recovers when the media is stopped! I can reproduce this behavior e. g. with VLC player with video and...
  8. My mouse cursor keeps randomly slowing down.

My mouse cursor keeps randomly slowing down.: I don't know why, I just got this new laptop though. My mouse cursor keeps randomly slowing down, I've tried restarting my laptop and turning up my cursor speed. Turning it up does improve the speed of my cursor a little but I can't get it to go as fast as it went last time....
  9. mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mp4 video suddenly stopped playing video, plays audio only: The videos worked in the morning 5/03/19 but in the afternoon they only played the audio. Windows media won't play them and I tried several other players and still no video. Normally I use GOM Player as my default player and use Win Media Player as a back up, but even VLC...
  10. No audio when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio when playing video: I have no audio when playing video. This started with the most recent build to Windows 10, v.1809. All of the sound drivers have been updated (by Microsoft, when they took control of my computer). I can get the sound to work by running the audio playback troubleshooter...