Windows 10: Suddenly the network adapter stopped working then after restart it worked again

Discus and support Suddenly the network adapter stopped working then after restart it worked again in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The problem is solved, I guess, but I want to know what could be the reason of this sudden thing on my laptop running windows 10 [10.018363 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/K-Boss_Otaku, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Suddenly the network adapter stopped working then after restart it worked again

The problem is solved, I guess, but I want to know what could be the reason of this sudden thing on my laptop running windows 10 [10.018363 build 18363].

I'm a noob and googled this but only found resolutions of the problem and not causes, which is making me uneasy cause I think I might have something unwanted on my laptop, anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who might know what this is about.

submitted by /u/K-Boss_Otaku
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/K-Boss_Otaku, Mar 22, 2020
  2. WillNida Win User

network adapter isn’t working

Hello,

i recently just purchased a gigabyte gc-wb867d-i network adapter, and installed it properly. Even after installing the appropriate software, etc, it still wont work. In network properties, it says the status of the adapter is non operational. I dont really
    know what is going on, my previous adapter suddenly stopped working, so i purchased this new one, which also doesnt work. This leads me to bellieve this might be a windows problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

WillNida, Mar 22, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Wifi suddenly stopped working - strange result

Hi I recall that while my PC was on over lunch I returned to find those protocols had suddenly and without apparent reason vanished.

Why? Hmm, maybe there's a clue in your event log. Sorry, my crystal ball is down for scheduled maintenance*chuckle

Easy option (hopefully), avoiding use of a possible series of commands:
    Download and install Tweaking.com's repair tool (free), lots of cautious stages beforehand. Observe accordingly.
    Select ONLY network connection repair.
    Run the repair.

If that doesn't work, here's a set of instructions for repairs:

1. Run the built-in Troubleshooter
    Right click the network icon on the Taskbar
    Pick Troubleshoot problems
    Select Identify and repair network problems
    Follow instructions in the troubleshooter

1. Reset networking
    Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    Copy the lines in the code box below
    Right click in the Command Prompt window to paste
    Code:
    netsh winsock resetnetsh int ip resetnetsh int ipv4 resetnetsh int ipv6 resetipconfig /renewipconfig /flushdns
    Restart your machine

1. Disable IPv6
    Open Network Connections
    Right click on the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Select Properties
    Scroll down to Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
    Remove the check mark
    Press OK

Restart your machine

1. Reinstall TCP/Pv4
    Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following command
    netsh int ipv4 install
    exit

Restart your machine

1. Restart Your Network Adapters
    Open Network Connections
    Right click the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Pick Disable

Restart your machine

Open Network Connections
    Right click the affected adapter(s) (Wifi, Ethernet, or each one of them)
    Pick Enable

dalchina, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Suddenly the network adapter stopped working then after restart it worked again

Network bridge suddenly stopped working in windows 10

Hi Shantanu,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know how your network bridge is connected? Is it a wireless connection or a wired connection?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set up your network bridge to refresh the adapter and reconnect the other devices. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Add Incoming Connections from the Internet.
    • Bridge the two network connections that you want to use.
    • Forget the internal network connection (under
      Manage Known Networks).
    • Reconnect to your bridge network.
    • Restart your computer and check if your concern persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Suddenly the network adapter stopped working then after restart it worked again

1. Suddenly the network adapter stopped working then after restart it worked again - Similar Threads - Suddenly network adapter

2. Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again: ok so my laptop was lagging so I decided to do a reset, but after the reset the wifi completely disappeared, now I tried most of the ways such as troubleshooting and disabling and re-enabling, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, but the update is not doable because...
  3. Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter stopped working and won't start again: ok so my laptop was lagging so I decided to do a reset, but after the reset the wifi completely disappeared, now I tried most of the ways such as troubleshooting and disabling and re-enabling, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it, but the update is not doable because...
  4. Network adapter stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter stop working: Hi,my network adapter FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO sometimes when i download something stop working and force me to restart my pc. Besides i've to restart my pc by power button otherwise it'll stay on "restarting pc" screen forever.I've tried already to update drivers...
  5. Network adapter stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter stop working: Hi,my network adapter FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO sometimes when i download something stop working and force me to restart my pc. Besides i've to restart my pc by power button otherwise it'll stay on "restarting pc" screen forever.I've tried already to update drivers...
  6. Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart: Hi everyone, recently my windows 10 randomly disconnected from the internet. the WIFI icon became a globe icon instead, but if I clicked the icon, the pop-up list would show no SSID, or the pop-list only showed no internet connections. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] checked the...
  7. Laptop ethernet regularly stops working and worked again after restart

Laptop ethernet regularly stops working and worked again after restart: I have Lenovo laptop, I am using ethernet cable for it, connection is working for some time hours, but regularly stops working "no connection". After restart win10, connection is working again, So far, I have not found solution for this problem. Any hints?...
  8. Network Adapter Suddenly Stops Working

Network Adapter Suddenly Stops Working: I have a problem where I suddenly lose network connection. Sometimes I regain it after a while, but most often my network selection, after freezing up for a bit, shows no available networks afterwards, and the device manager stops displaying my network card. Restarting fixes...
  9. Network adapter not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapter not working after update: When I used the "Restart now" button to apply the latest update, my network adapter straight up doesn't appear and I cannot connect to WiFi. I do not have the update that would normally be associated with network problems (KB4515384), but I need to know which update(s) I...
  10. Network adapter frequently stops working properly

Network adapter frequently stops working properly: I started having an issue when I updated my windows 10 to the latest version, where my network adapter would stop working all of a sudden maybe an hour after being on the computer, and my settings/control panel, wouldn't work or open, and I couldn't reset my network adapter,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network not working when i restart then working