Windows 10: Suddenly this little box appears on my desktop even after I reboot. I can change its size...

Discus and support Suddenly this little box appears on my desktop even after I reboot. I can change its size... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gerrezsz [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gerrezsz, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Suddenly this little box appears on my desktop even after I reboot. I can change its size...

/u/Gerrezsz, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Desktop icons change size on every reboot

Hi John,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?

We're looking forward to your reply

Riel Alc, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Chief400 Win User
    Desktop Icon Font Size Change

In Windows 10 do the following to change font SIZE of Desktop icon fonts. 1.) On the desktop, right click on the mouse button 2.) Choose "Display Settings" 3.) On this page In the center, on the bottom, click "Advance Display Settings" 4.) On this page you do not see the entire page and you must scroll down some to see the entire page. After you scroll down, on the far left of the screen (second from bottom) click "Advanced sizing of fonts and other items" 5.) This is where you can make font sizing changes. In the middle of the screen there is a gray box entitled "Title bars." Press the arrow down button within this box 6.) In the list that comes up, select "Icons" 7.) Now, the box reads "Icons." To the immediate right of this box is another box, which is the font "size" box. In the font size box, press the arrow down button and change the size from the default size of 9, to 10, 11, 12, etc (10 is good). 8.) To the immediate right of the font size box is a "Bold" check box. Put your cursor in this box and click your mouse button. It will add a check mark within the box. 9.) You have done it! Close all the boxes you have opened. Now you can read the lettering under the icons.*Cool

Chief400, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Suddenly this little box appears on my desktop even after I reboot. I can change its size...

Desktop icons change size on every reboot

UPDATE:

To clarify.... 2 PCs, both running Windows 10 Home. Both use a Logitech MX 600 Cordless mouse with Logitech SetPoint software.

Desktop -- Logitech SetPoint Control Center 6.68.83 -- DESKTOP ICONS CHANGE SIZE ON REBOOT.

Laptop -- Logitech SetPoint Control Center 4.80.103 -- desktop icons DO NOT change size on reboot.

When I disable SetPoint on the desktop, the icons do not change size on reboot. The problem is definitely related to version 6.68.83 on Windows 10. I tried uninstalling 6.68.83 and reinstalling -- same problem.

I found SetPoint 4.80 online and downloaded it, but it wouldn't install. I tried W7 Compatibility Mode, but that didn't work either. (I'm not sure how I got 4.80 on the laptop, but it works fine.)

I will try to find a previous version of SetPoint that W10 will allow me to install and hope an earlier version won't have the "icon change size" problem.

John

John Blaustein, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Suddenly this little box appears on my desktop even after I reboot. I can change its size...

1. Suddenly this little box appears on my desktop even after I reboot. I can change its size... - Similar Threads - Suddenly little box

2. a black box suddenly appeared and i can't remove it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a black box suddenly appeared and i can't remove it.: a transparent black box suddenly appeared when i accidently pressed some keys on the keyboard, and i don't know how to remove it, can someone help me please....
  3. a black box suddenly appeared and i can't remove it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a black box suddenly appeared and i can't remove it.: a transparent black box suddenly appeared when i accidently pressed some keys on the keyboard, and i don't know how to remove it, can someone help me please....
  4. a black box suddenly appeared and i can't remove it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.: Someone kindly tell me how to fix it : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-these-white-boxes-appearing-infront-of-my/1ada117e-fa7a-4515-83d6-06272169dbce
  6. I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.

I have these white boxes appearing infront of my desktop icons.: Someone kindly tell me how to fix it : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-these-white-boxes-appearing-infront-of-my/1ada117e-fa7a-4515-83d6-06272169dbce
  7. Sudden change in font size and the appearance of unwanted windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden change in font size and the appearance of unwanted windows: I have been having an annoying problem when typing anything. The text font size magnifies, as well as the window itself, making impossible to see everything correctly.Also, often I get an unwanted window out of nowhere, or having asked for it specifically, as well as a sudden...
  8. i can't change size of apps after i changed size of font even when i change fonts back to...

i can't change size of apps after i changed size of font even when i change fonts back to...: [IMG] I can't change the size of apps after I changed the size of the font even when I change fonts back to normal. I tried "hold ctrl and scroll" and view> short icon. They worked but didn't change too much distance between apps. I made one local account and check,...
  9. a dialog box suddenly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a dialog box suddenly appeared: a dialog box for file copying progress suddenly appeared while i play game at full screen, it instantly minimized my game and i'm afraid it could be a malware activity or some sort of it, i seen a file named "package 9" being copied its 2,3GB in size but i didn't seen of...
  10. Little box showing screen size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Little box showing screen size: Why does a little box showing screen size continually pop up and interupt what program I am in and how do I stop it? I have turned off notifications but that did no good. This is very annoying and I can find no reason for it. Just one more thing that makes me hate Windows 10....