Windows 10: Suddenly unable to install xps viewer with gpo enabled

Discus and support Suddenly unable to install xps viewer with gpo enabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, a few weeks ago i had users requesting to install xps viewer so i enabled the following gpo "Computer Configuration\Administrative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mason Cox (mascox), Oct 10, 2019.

1. Suddenly unable to install xps viewer with gpo enabled

hello,

a few weeks ago i had users requesting to install xps viewer so i enabled the following gpo "Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" with the "download repair content and optional featues from wsus" option checked. it fixed the issue and they were able to install. now, another user wants it and they are unable to install. all prior installations still work. i can upload the dism.log to another platform if someone wants to examine it. i appreciate your time.

:)

Mason Cox (mascox), Oct 10, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

XPS Viewer has stopped working

Hello Fred,

The XPS Viewer might have been corrupted while your were updating the computer. Usually, uninstalling and re-installing the said program should be able to resolve the issue. To remove and reinstall the XPS Viewer follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel: right-click the Start button or press
      Windows+X on your keyboard, then select “Control Panel” from the menu that pops up.
    • Click “Programs” in the list and then select “Turn Windows features on or off” under Programs and Features.
    • Look for XPS Viewer and uncheck it. Click “OK” and Windows will apply whatever changes you made.
      Note: Depending on the features you enabled or disabled, Windows may require you reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
    • Open “Turn Windows features on or off” and check the XPS Viewer to reinstall it.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Dyan Rey, Oct 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 10, 2019
  4. MightyG80 Win User

Suddenly unable to install xps viewer with gpo enabled

old XP viewer for windows vista

Microsoft for some reason (???) rendered the viewer that comes with Windows unable to play the animation in GIF images... I know there is IrFan viewer ( and im currently using in vista ) to view images, but personally i prefered the simpler viewer XP had for watching those small animations. Is there a way to run the old XP image viewer in vista? Is somewhere downloadable?

MightyG80, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Suddenly unable to install xps viewer with gpo enabled

1. Suddenly unable to install xps viewer with gpo enabled - Similar Threads - Suddenly unable install

2. xps viewer for W10 2204.

in Windows 10 Customization
    xps viewer for W10 2204.: I have just installed a new machine and updated it to w10 ver 2004 but cant find xps viewer. Where is it hiding? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xps-viewer-for-w10-2204/4af0138d-7672-4d79-a2e0-ac6f5eb12b35
  3. XPS VIEWER FOR WIN10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    XPS VIEWER FOR WIN10: win10XPSXPS VIEWER--XPS-XPS--windows Hello, my computer system is win10 enterprise version, XPS suffix file can not be viewed, the computer is not installed XPS VIEWER, Settings - Applications - Optional Features no XPS in there - Add Features empty in there, no XPS . Also...
  4. xps viewer on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xps viewer on Win 10: Is there a way to set the user permissions such that I can make review notes and comments on the document using XPS Viewer? I am the admin. I tried to set up the permissions to allow special permissions but did not succeeded. No way to make notes on document. Is this...
  5. XPS viewer unable to locate in Windows 10

XPS viewer unable to locate in Windows 10: I have installed XPS viewer on Windows 10 through optional feature, but I am unable to find XPS viewer to launch or open under search. Any solution? Thanks....
  6. xps viewer

xps viewer: Hi I have spent the day trying to convert .oxps print to file docs to Word. I have tried converters with no success. I then remembered that I could view the file and copy the doc to Word. So I spent more time trying to find xps viewer on my new computer. On the internet, I...
  7. XPS viewer

XPS viewer: Morning, Have xps files and cannot find xps viewer on my computer or download it. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xps-viewer/8ce3fd0c-3fe0-4dfe-9006-577063607340
  8. XPS Viewer

XPS Viewer: What happened to my .xps viewer??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xps-viewer/fa0e4ac4-37f8-482b-8b9a-bdc6059b3853
  9. XPS service viewer

XPS service viewer: Do I need the XPS service if I have Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/xps-service-viewer/90f03762-213a-48f0-b710-0d3a3b59a6f3
  10. XPS Viewer was in 1709 not in 1803

XPS Viewer was in 1709 not in 1803: The XPS Viewer was in 1709 before the upgrade to 1803 and it is not in Apps and Features. How do I use Features on Demand with DISM to install the XPS Viewer? This does not work: dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:XPS.Viewer~~~~0.0.1.0 See logfile 109643

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install xps viewer win 10 gpo

2. xps viewer install fails

3. install xps viewer powershell

4. xps viewer install powershell windows 10 1903,
  5. xps viewer windows 10 1903