Windows 10: Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder

Discus and support Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, some of the applications on my computer are unable to save files to folders in the Documents directory. It started with Notepad and Paint.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SME123, May 20, 2020.

1. SME123 Win User

Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder

Recently, some of the applications on my computer are unable to save files to folders in the Documents directory. It started with Notepad and Paint. Now I can't create and save in Paint 3D either. I was successfully using the Snipping Tool to copy and save images from those programs, but today I can't save new snips either... I can save newly created files to the Downloads folder only, but I'm not able to move them into their proper folders. I get this Error when I try to move Files from Downloads to any Documents folder:

Destination Folder Access Denied

You'll need to provide Administrator Permission to move to this folder

It provides a Continue button with the Admin shield on it, but when I click on that it errors again, with the only options beingTry Again or Cancel. The only option that works is Cancel:

Destination Folder Access Denied

You need permission to perform this action

I am the only user of this Computer, and I have changed NO Property or Permission Settings on it whatsoever, save for allowing Windows Updates.

Even when I run these programs in Administrator mode tho I'm already logged in as Admin, they will not save. I get this message, as though I'm trying to open a doc instead of save one:

Save As

C:\Users\Laurie\Documents\Test.txt

File Not Found

Check the name and try again

Things I've tried so far:

1. Restart Windows Explorer & rebooted computer - No change

2. CMD - Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth also /ScanHealth & /RestoreHealth

3. CMD - sfc/scannow & Rebooted - All DOS Commands completed successfully - No Fix

Prior to these actions, I was able to open existing docs or pics, change and save them. Now I can't even do that.

I notice on my Documents folder Attributes: Read Only is checked. I un-checked it, Applied, and Saved, but when I look again, Read Only is checked again. It's not Applying my change. Actually, the Downloads Folder also has Read Only checked as well, but I am allowed to save to it. And the Security Tab Permissions are identical on both folders...

My Folders and Documents no longer belong to me somehow. Any help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

:)

SME123, May 20, 2020
  2. BobZolto Win User

Unable to Save to Documents Folder

I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under security, it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the security tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to
    save, copy and move to those folders. My account is listed in C:/Windows/Users/myname/Documents under the security tab. How do I add my name to the Documents folder in File Explorer?

BobZolto, May 20, 2020
  3. Unable to save files in documents folder on windows 10.

After upgrading to windows 10 suddenly I am unable to save files in the documents folder. When I move or paste any file in the documents folder, it asks for permission and thus by clicking continue I'm able to move files. But problems comes when I take any
    voice recording or picture through my webcam as a message appears saying that, "Before you can record, we need access to your documents folder." Problems also comes when I play games like NFS or GTA etc. that saves user data and save files in the documents
    folder as my progress is not being saved even if I try to manually save my progress, it doesn't. I would be thankful if somebody can tell me what to do to get rid of this issue.

KumarAadarsh, May 20, 2020
  4. BobZolto Win User

Unable to Save to Documents Folder

I was able to removed Everyone from the Users Doc folder, so it now lists only SYSTEM, My MA and Administrators. Still can't save to the Documents folder in File Explorer.

BobZolto, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder - Similar Threads - Suddenly unable save

2. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  3. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  4. Unable to print or save documents suddenly following upgrades

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to print or save documents suddenly following upgrades: Following some upgrades I can no longer print word documents and saving doesn't seem to be working either. I can print a PDF if not from word. If I save the word doc as a PDF it won't print. I get error messages about not having enough space for the 'text' but the...
  5. Document Folder Not Saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Document Folder Not Saving: Hey everyone. If you got problem like your game can't make new folder in document's i find a quick fix. Right click documents destination and just destination of the folder Fixed :...
  6. unable to save files to Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to save files to Documents: I can save files to Desktop but not to Documents . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-files-to-documents/bdd17454-6a52-48bf-bb4d-a48fe6eab323
  7. Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the method outlined here. Basically I used an ISO which I made via a download from MS. Now I am unable to save any kind of file to my Document folder or sub-folder. I get access denied. Looks like MS lied again. This method was to save...
  8. Programs unable to save files in my documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs unable to save files in my documents: Hello, I need help with my Windows machine. I have built my first custom PC, I first installed windows 10 without a key, later I bought a key for Windows 10 Pro and upgraded it. The problem I have is that some of my software can't work properly, because they are unable to...
  9. Unable to Save to Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Save to Documents: I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under serurity it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the srcurity tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to save, copy and move to...
  10. Unable to create or save files in "Documents" and "Pictures" folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create or save files in "Documents" and "Pictures" folders: Hi, as with many I have upgraded to Windows 10 today and it is going well except for the fact I am unable to save any files or create new ones in the Documents and Pictures folders or any sub-folders within these folders, and I have no idea why it is doing this. For instance,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to save documents