Windows 10: Suddenly when using remote desktop on all of my windows 10 computers, it acts like control...

Discus and support Suddenly when using remote desktop on all of my windows 10 computers, it acts like control... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 3 computers that I have logged into with remote desktop without issue in the recent past. Now, suddently, when I log in with remote desktop, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cjholly, Jan 18, 2021.

1. cjholly Win User

Suddenly when using remote desktop on all of my windows 10 computers, it acts like control...

I have 3 computers that I have logged into with remote desktop without issue in the recent past. Now, suddently, when I log in with remote desktop, it acts like the Control Key and possibly the Shift Key are stuck down. The sonar circle around the mouse keeps blinking even when the control key is not pressed. For example, if I select an icon on the desktop, and then click another, both stay highlighted. I use remote desktop daily and this just began happening a couple days ago. I checked Ease of Use settings, and everything is turned off for the keyboard. I cannot work remotely with this happening.

:)

cjholly, Jan 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 18, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Remote Desktop, Windows 10, Need help with how to set up sharing

You have to set remote desktop to allow remote connections. This is completely different from sharing settings and sharing files in Windows. You also need Windows 10 Professional on the computer you want to remote control. These settings are not in Windows 10 Home edition.

Also, do not share your primary drive! This is a very bad idea.

Suddenly when using remote desktop on all of my windows 10 computers, it acts like control... upload_2016-11-10_17-31-35-png.png

newtekie1, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Suddenly when using remote desktop on all of my windows 10 computers, it acts like control...

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Suddenly when using remote desktop on all of my windows 10 computers, it acts like control...

1. Suddenly when using remote desktop on all of my windows 10 computers, it acts like control... - Similar Threads - Suddenly using remote

2. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  3. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller Acting like a mouse: My controller is acting like a mouse making it impossible to play games. I have looked for a fix but I can not find one.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse/c49a0316-7005-486e-8f28-2725fa16a530
  4. Controller Acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Controller acting like a mouse and keyboard on windows 10?

Controller acting like a mouse and keyboard on windows 10?: when ever i try and sprint in a game a keyboard pops up and its really annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-acting-like-a-mouse-and-keyboard-on/618d958c-2194-48a5-aa06-9a037c99e023
  6. Controller acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  7. Controller acting like a mouse

Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  8. Windows 10 acting like my controller is a mouse

Windows 10 acting like my controller is a mouse: I downloaded DuckStation PS1 emulator today to replay some old favorites but I can't because when my Xbox 360 controller is plugged in the right analog stick moves the mouse and the buttons do various things. When I launch DuckStation I guess it does not recognize that it's a...
  9. windows act like tab is stuck after using my controller

windows act like tab is stuck after using my controller: hi, every time i finish using my xbox controller windows act like tab is being held constantly even after i disconnect the controller i have no idea what to do. any help would be appreciated....
  10. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?

Controller acting like a mouse on windows 10?: I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts like a mouse, kinda annoying when playing fifa and ****...